Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani

Shakhi // JIGGLY // Chapter 2 Pg-2 UPDATED 05.05.21

Tallulah thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Chapter 1

Shaurya Sabherwal was a confusing man. Confusing to people around him and himself. He was also what you would call temperamental. He knew that. He couldn't control it. Especially now.

His life had had enough problems before. He had childhood trauma, an absent mother, a might-as-well be absent father, and an overbearing family to say the least. He loved his family; he had no doubt about that. But he knew that they could be a little too much for him sometimes.

So he had enough problems before. Before Anokhi Bhalla.

Anokhi Bhalla was a storm. A hurricane, more like. When a hurricane is coming, you get warnings and you take precautions beforehand from the weather predictions but when it hits, it hits hard and stronger than you would expect it to. No matter the precautions, it affects you big time.

Anokhi was the same. He knew she was not someone who he could easily get rid of. He knew she was not someone who he wouldn't be affected by. He took all the precautions. He caged himself against her. But just like an oncoming storm, she came barreling into his life before he could process what happened and flipped him upside down.

And Shaurya, what with his temperamental behavior couldn't make sense of any of it.

And it was all getting a bit too much for him.

So he decided to get help.

The Sabherwal house was empty besides him. His family had gone to an important wedding but he made an excuse that he had work when in actuality, he just didn't feel like it.

The doorbell rang and he jumped from his place on the couch where he was lying down, enjoying the emptiness of the house. He shot up and went to open the door, eagerness and giddiness prominent in him. His face met with a guy's in his mid-twenties holding the leash of a small, brown and white, happy Corgi.

"Hello. You must be Mr. Shaurya Sabherwal. I believe you asked for a day with one of our dogs. This is Jiggly. He's one of our best therapy dogs. He's been highly trained with all the necessities that you might require from him today. And I'm sure he wouldn't fail to make you happy and would definitely help you distress. I've written down all his feeding times and walk times and all other instructions on this paper. This bag has everything you will need to take care of him today. You can always call the company if you have any questions. Someone from the company will come to pick him up tomorrow morning. If you could just sign here..." The guy offered Shaurya with a document and after all the formalities were done and the guy had left, Shaurya took Jiggly inside.

The first thing he did was free Jiggly from his leash and he started hopping around, sniffing everything he could put his nose on.

Shaurya chuckled at the dog's hyperactivity and that apparently caught Jiggly's attention and he came straight towards Shaurya. After sniffing his feet, Jiggly jumped and stood on his hind legs, his forelegs nearly reaching Shaurya's waist.

Shaurya picked him up and hugged him while cooing sweet nothings at him and Jiggly responded with happy barks.

Shaurya was just waiting to receive Jiggly before going to college. He picked up Jiggly's bag along with his stuff and left for college in his car with Jiggly in his lap the whole time.

He clicked back his leash on him so he doesn't wander around to explore his new surroundings,

He walked with Jiggly following him with fast and small steps. Every head turned to look at Shaurya Sir with a dog behind him and a smile on his face. They didn't know what was more surprising; the dog or the smile?

Anokhi was working in the canteen. She was just delivering some chocolate milkshake to a table before her kurti caught on to a nail and she stumbled back and fell on the ground spilling the shake.

The fragrance of the shake didn't escape Jiggly. Shaurya had a light hold on his leash and he was distracted while talking to another teacher when Jiggly applies his full force to free his leash from Shaurya's hold and before Shaurya could process what happened, he saw Jiggly running towards Anokhi who was...on the ground.

Jiggly quickly made his way towards Anokhi. Anokhi was thankful that the fallen shake didn't manage to make its way to her and she was completely clean.

Jiggly almost ran into Anokhi before he stopped to start licking the fallen chocolate milkshake. Anokhi looked at him for a second in confusion before her mind snapped into place and she pulled him onto her lap away from the chocolate milkshake.

Jiggly immediately started licking Anokhi's face and Anokhi burst out laughing at the tickling sensation.

Shaurya ran towards Anokhi and Jiggly to find him on top of her licking her face and Anokhi unable to control her laughter. It brought an unknown calm to him with the always existing excitement he felt around Anokhi. Seeing her with Jiggly flourished such feelings of tenderness inside him that he couldn't snap out of his reverie for a few seconds while he just watched Anokhi and Jiggly play with each other.

There was broken glass on the floor, chocolate milkshake everywhere, and Anokhi on the floor with Jiggly basically submerging her face with his saliva. It was utter chaos but for Shaurya, nothing could have been more perfect.

He snapped out of his trance and went to help Jiggly off Anokhi.

Seeing Shaurya with Jiggly brought a smile to Anokhi's face. He looked adorable. And she loved dogs.

"Sorry sir. Voh bas chocolate milkshake chaatne lag gaya that oh maine isse door kar diya taaki kuch ho na isse. Aur kuch nahi kar rahi thi. Sorry."

Just then Shaurya realized that chocolate was harmful for dogs and his heart filled up again at the thought of Anokhi caring for a dog she didn't even know. Who was he kidding? He knew Anokhi would jump into fire to save a dog. Any animal, really.

"Thank you, Anokhi. I didn't realize ekdum se ki kya ho sakta tha."

"It's very much ok, sir. Aap bas dekh lena ki iski tabiyat kharab na ho. Agar ho toh immediately contact a veterinarian. Yeh aapka dog hai?" Anokhi questioned while still on the ground. Shaurya quickly tied Jiggy's leash to a pole for some time to help up Anokhi. He held one of her hands in his and held her shoulder with the other to pick her up.

"Haan. I just have him for the day. Iska naam Jiggly hai."

"Accha naam hai."

"Maine nahi rakha. Anyways hum chalte hai. Mujhe aur Jiggly ko kuch important kaam hai saath me. Bye." He gave her an awkward lopsided smile before untying Jiggly from the pole and started walking in the direction of his cabin.

Jiggly gave her a happy bark and she waved him goodbye with a smile beaming on her face. Shaurya watched the interaction from the corner of his eyes and couldn't help but let out a small smile himself.

Anokhi looked at their retreating figures. Shaurya was walking in a straight like to his office while Jiggly was moving around in circles around Shaurya's moving feet.

She shook her head with a fond smile on her lips. "Aisa kya important kaam hai jo dono ko karna hai saath me? Shaurya sir ka toh kuch samajh hi nahi aata. Jiggly ke saath important kaam? Jiggly ke saath kya important kaam kar sakte hai voh?" 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Awww... So cute  Jiggly the therapy dog & Shaurya the confused soul seems like a good combo 😁

You had written them bonding so nicely & not for once it crossed my mind about the harm of chocolaty stuff for dogs 🤪 That scene had my heart ❤️ Shaurya going in to a trance with the same girl who has created havoc in his life 😆 

Last paragraph was lit 🤣🤣🤣 It was so very normal of her to think so 🤣 

Adorable OS

Tallulah thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Coffee_Chips

Awww... So cute  Jiggly the therapy dog & Shaurya the confused soul seems like a good combo 😁

You had written them bonding so nicely & not for once it crossed my mind about the harm of chocolaty stuff for dogs 🤪 That scene had my heart ❤️ Shaurya going in to a trance with the same girl who has created havoc in his life 😆 

Last paragraph was lit 🤣🤣🤣 It was so very normal of her to think so 🤣 

Adorable OS

I'm glad you liked it.

And it's not an OS. I'll be posting the next chapter soon. I haven't quite decided how long I want it to be but it's definitely not an OS.

Be on the lookout for more.

Cherrydreamsxx thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is so sweet. Waiting for the next chapter 

♥️

wamavasant thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This was soo cutee❤️

I really liked it ...

GHKPM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Oh my goodness...so adorable💖...when i first saw the title , i was wondering what was a jiggly, some new term i didnt know🤣...but this is so cute...perfect bonding...i just love your characterisation of Shakhi...exactly as in the show & you come up with this cute story that blends in so perfectly...loved Anokhi's last lines...hahaha so cute indeed💖🌹😊

Anusha_24 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This was so cute 😍😍

Loved it ❤️😳

MeeraWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

It was so cute. ❤️

sna004 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

This was adorable! Please write more. 😊

Tallulah thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

CHAPTER 2

"Tumhe Anokhi kaisi lagi?"

He got a loud bark and a lick on his palm in return.

"Mujhe bhi."

Shaurya was seated on a loveseat in the corner of his office with Jiggly lounging around in his lap. He had gotten Jiggly only to talk about his conflicting feelings. So after the incident in the canteen with Anokhi, Shaurya had rushed to his office with Jiggly in tow and locked the gate to settle down in the seat while staring out the window.

"Lekin mujhe voh ladki samajh main nahi aati. Aur uske around main kaisa behave karne lagta hu, mujhe voh zyaada samajh nahi aata. I don't know what happens to me." Shaurya got up from his seat and placed Jiggly there while he started pacing around.

"Voh ladki itni talented hai. She's got a brilliant mind. But at the same time voh itni bewakoof kaise ho sakti hai? She's so naïve. You get what I'm saying?" Shaurya looked at Jiggly to find him staring back at him as if he understood his words completely.

"I mean voh meri student hai. Humare college me padhti hai. How can I feel like this about her? And out of everyone else, voh kyu? I mean, jabse voh aayi hai, usne sirf mujhe pareshaan kiya. Humare milne se pehle bhi usne mujhe itna pareshaan kiya hai. Did you know usne ek baar train par meri aankho me pepper spray daal diya tha? Aur yeh hamesha galat jane par spray karti hai. Main toh uski yeh sochkar help kar raha tha ki voh train se kudke apni jaan dene vaali hai. Uss hi ki bhalai ke liye kar raha tha, na? Iska pepper spray kabhi bahar nahi nikalta jab actually zaroorat hoti hai. Yeh kidnap ho chuki hai ek baar. Can you believe that? Dhang se sheher main aayi nahi hai aur saari buri cheeze iske saath hi ho rahi hai. Kaha-kaha jaaun uske peeche? Main nahi hota toh ab tak marr gayi hoti voh. But akela bhi toh nahi chodh sakta. Tum samajh rahe ho na?"

He looked at Jiggly to find him listening intently. He was going to let it all out today.

Shaurya went towards Jiggly's bag and took out some dog biscuits for Jiggly. He sat by him on the couch and fed him some one by one.

"Usko thodi der ke liye bhi akela chodhta hu toh voh uska personal hawaldar aa jaata hai. Chalo Anokhi toh hai jaisi hai, iss Ahir ki kya problem hai? Kaam-dhanda nahi hai kya iske paas? Chandigarh ke saare criminals ne London shift kar liya hai kya jo yeh mauj maar raha hai? Iska chapter khatam hi nahi ho raha hai. Uss Aastha ma'am ko dhundne ke liye help maangne gaye the. Unko dhundte dhundte usne Anokhi ko dangon main bhej diya. Uski koi responsibility banti hai ya nahi? How could he do that? Anokhi ko kuch ho jaata toh I would've killed him. Aur voh Anokhi bhi uske gun-gaan gaati rehti hai. Kya chal raha hai kuch samajh hi nahi aa raha." Shaurya was starting to get angry now. As soon as his fist was free from the dog treats he held Jiggly's face with both of his eyes and looked at his eyes in anger.

Anokhi had been passing by Shaurya's cabin from outside the building when she stopped by his window to a scene she never thought she would see.

"Yeh Shaurya sir ke andar kitna gussa bhara hua hai? Jiggly par bhi gussa kar rahe hai. Bechare ki toh koi galti bhi nahi hogi. Kisne trust kiya inko apne dog ke saath? Main toh apna dog kabhi na deti inko. Khudka mood toh kabhi sambhala nahi jaata inse, Jiggly ko aur sambhalenge." She stood outside watching him talking to Jiggly while still holding his face. She couldn't read lips but she knew that he was probably venting out his frustration to Jiggly about something.

"...Voh kyu madarata rehta hai uske aas-pass? Kya lagti hai Anokhi uski? Aastha ma'am mil gayi toh uska kaam khatam na? Anokhi ke baaki do kidnappers toh dhunde nahi jaate usse. Itna time ho gaya hai. Kuch kaam ki baat karta nahi hai, Anokhi ko idhar-udhar ghumata rehta hai bas. Voh bhi toh jaati rehti hai uske saath. Maine usko apni gaadi main bhetna offer kiya, bhetne se pehle do baatein suna di. Uski jeep me toh hasti-khelti ja rahi thi. Meri gaadi me kya problem hai? Uski jeep se toh acchi hi hai. Do you think she likes him?" Jiggly slowly scampered off the loveseat to the ground and made his way towards the window where Anokhi was still watching.

Shaurya turned towards the direction Jiggly was going in before his eyes met Anokhi's through the window. Their cheeks flared up, being caught up in the act of doing something none of them were supposed to be doing.

Shaurya made his way towards the window and opened it.

"Tumne kuch dekha toh nahi na?" Shaurya asked in a low voice now trying to avoid her gaze.

"Sab dekha." Shaurya eyes widened and his cheeks reddened as he stumbled to find his way to a reasonable explanation of why was he ranting about her to a dog.

"Lekin suna kuch nahi. Soundproof glass." Shaurya heaved a sigh of relief before Anokhi started talking again.

"Aur main bas aise hi jaa rahi thi yaha se. Mera intention nahi that aapko aur...Jiggly ko aise dekhne ka. Main bas...curious thi. Aap kya baat kar rahe the...?" Anokhi scratched behind her ear, a nervous habit of hers and she hesitantly asked him.

"Nothing...Main usse nothing ke baare me baat kar raha tha." Shaurya had no idea what was coming out of his mouth, it was as if his mouth had developed a mind of its own and it was dead set on embarrassing Shaurya.

Anokhi's eyebrows perked up hearing the peculiar arrangement of words of explanation from him.

"I meant...uh...bas aise hi. Mausam ke baare me baat kar raha tha. Catching up on the all the gossips in the dog community." Shaurya did a mental face palm because of the absurd explanations spewing out of his mouth, while Anokhi saw the clear torture he was going through in his eyes as he kept smiling, as if he hadn't just said that.

Anokhi thought best to leave him to it. The man had never made sense to her and she was sure he never will.

"Main aapko disturb nahi karti fir. Aap kariye aap jo bhi kar rahe the. Enjoy your gossiping, sir." By this point, Shaurya had lost all hope in himself and just accepted that he will never be able to regain the dignity he just lost, back as he replied, "I will. Thank you."

Anokhi was about to leave while trying to hide her amused smile, unaware that Shaurya was very much aware of the little smirk she had plastered on her face. Jiggly immediately jumped up and kept his front paws on the window sill with a loud bark addressed towards Anokhi that made her stop in her path.

"Lagta hai ki yeh chahta hai tum ruk jao." Shaurya said a soft smile on his face as his hand went up to his hair.

It's official. I love this little dude. Yeh mujhe aur main kya chahta hoon sab se acche se janta hai. Are soulmates real? Because if they are, then this little canine is definitely mine. Or is it weird for a dog to be my soulmate?

Shaurya shook himself out of his far-fetched thoughts, to say the least.

"Sir, aapka dog hai, main kaise? I mean-"

"I don't mind." Shaurya answered way too quickly for his liking. "I mean, abhi tumhare koi lectures bhi nahi hai. Why don't you keep us- I mean, HIM company? I'm sure, isse bahaut accha lagega...aur...mujhe bhi." Shaurya was trying real hard to hide his blush as he bowed his head down.

Anokhi felt something suddenly shift in the air and herself. She couldn't help but think that Shaurya looks adorable with him trying to hide his clearly blushing cheeks. And she never could say no to dogs anyways. Suddenly the extra studies she had planned to do today in her free period seemed like they could wait.

"Ab Jiggly keh raha hai toh, mana kaise kar sakti hoon."

Shaurya discreetly gave Jiggly a rub on his head as he softly smiled towards Anokhi.

He reminded himself to treat Jiggly with some extra cookies later. Jiggly deserved them.