Dear Shashi Sumeet Productions... (Opinion Post)

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 days ago

Dear Shashi Sumeet Productions,

I have been an admirer of your shows since 'Yeh Un Dino Ki Baat Hai' and have recently taken to watching 'Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye' regularly too. As a viewer, I had a few observations regarding Amrit's character development which I wished to express.

The show's concept intrigued me mainly because it foreshadowed the stories of three women with liberal mindsets and new perspectives on life in the backdrop India at the brink of independence. And yet, it's that very concept that seems to be diminishing; specifically within Amrit's character.

In the show's pilot episode, Amrit is shown to have a liberal outlook towards the role of women in Indian society; adopting the pen name of 'Raanjhan' to convey stories of women empowerment and love. She truly believes in these stories as well, and uses them as convincing arguments in front of Uday, Vashma and at times Kiranbala. And yet she becomes meek in front of her family; especially her father, and hesitates to voice her opinions in the name of 'respect'. Even when she finally confesses her love for Randheer, she puts forth a condition that she won't commit to him until her father agrees to the relationship. While I understand her importance for family, this contradicts her beliefs which she expresses through 'Raanjhan'. A writer usually believes in what she writes, or aspires to become the characters she pens down, yet this seems slightly inconsistent throughout the show.

From the last few episodes including the post-leap ones, I've noticed Amrit's character to have weakened considerably. Given the circumstances and hardships she went through, it's understandable for her to be a little emotional at times. She lost her parents as well as Randheer and experienced a lot of mental and physical harassment from Farooq. But the constant portrayal of Amrit being a 'damsel-in-distress' doesn't relate to many audiences. 

In my opinion, this show's foundation on three women leading their lives different to societal norms is a great one that should be maintained throughout their journeys, no matter where they go. If her family members like Saroj are ill-treating her or are staying mum, Amrit should speak up for herself rather than bearing every word said in abuse. It's not her fault that the partition stole so much from her. While she longs for Randheer's reappearance into her life, she shouldn't depend on him to call out on people taunting her. Rather, she should stand up for herself, with strong determination in her voice and fire in her eyes. Whether it be outsiders or family.

This show was about three women with ambitions of their own. I hope that remains the essence of 'Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye'.

Thank you so much for reading this.

An ardent admirer of your shows, 

This post smiley32 I can't relate with Amrit anymore... She has turned out to be the most weak character among the five leads and other supporting casts even... All her dialogues, lectures seems artificial and forced one to me... The only thing regarding Amrit which I still like is, her voiceover/narration of the story that too mainly because of those words and Gracy's voice actually... Apart from that I am completely detached from Amrit. 

Randheer, Uday, Vashma, Radha : These 4 are the reason people like me still looks forward to know what happens in the show. Amrit is another level disappointment. 

My opinion.... 

Part 2 - Opinion Post

Dear Shashi Sumeet Productions, 

Firstly, I would like to thank you for introducing the audience to Vashma and Uday in your show, 'Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye'. Inter-caste relationships are still controversial in some contexts more than others in our country, so portraying them in the backdrop of 1947 India is a fresh take on the Hindu-Muslim community. Where once there lay no differences, no disparities. Only brotherhood, peace, harmony. And love, of course. 

Watching the fiery Vashma Baig as one of the lead characters of this show has been a new and exciting journey on ITV. She truly is an inspirational character; and Anchal Sahu has aced the role with ease and perfection. Uday Sahani is the perfect match for her and Shagun Pandey has expressed every shade of the character so beautifully; whether it be happiness, sorrow, guilt, desperation or rage. In appreciation, I thank your creative team and writers for developing these two characters with such finesse. Vashmay are why I watch this show! 

However, I've noticed recently that they aren't being given equal importance and screen time on the show as Amrit and Randheer. The show was about the journey of three young women and their respective partners and yet here we are, with the show focused mainly on Amrit and Randheer. It's not like I dislike their pair, but I believe that the USP of this show was in its concept of three interwoven stories. Vashmay and their love story still have so many unexplored territories that I hope you will be willing to share. Theirs is a journey both intriguing and relatable to so many viewers. Each day, I sit in anticipation of seeing Vashma and Uday on-screen again. I hope you'll delight us with their presence soon and for longer.

Here I write, longing for the return of all three leads and their exceptional stories as they embark on their new lives in 1951 India. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

An ardent admirer of your shows,

😂 your excepting too much from this production show. They only premier good episodes to go this down. Barrister babu and this show is good examples of it. Amrit became not tolerable the moment she became meek in front of her father, randheer has to be the one to fight everytime for their love. Sometimes I feel the stories which amrit has written and the woman she has protrayed in her stories  is inspired from vashma because vashma is fearless when it comes to love and refuses to back down without putting a fight. Even radha is a better character than amrit. 

Posted: 7 days ago

I agree with all the opinion, I would like to see Radha, uday, Vashma story line & why make Randheer suffer so much for being so nice.  They both should get together amrit & randheer, show their progress.

Posted: 6 days ago

Why are you people forgetting, this isn’t a character of today’s woman! But of 1940s when obeying elders, parents were EVERYTHING!!! Living up to parents expectations were EVERYTHING!! Vashma could fight because she didn’t have a strict dad as Amrit! True her mother was strict but her personality was more extroverted, confident and daring! What Amrit wrote as a writer is the kind of girl, personality she always strived to be, but knew she couldn’t because of her family background. From small she was taught to obey, which constituted her being the good girl in the eyes of her father! She always seeked his approval because if she did something that didn’t bode well with her dad he would give her the silent treatment, and to win his affection back she obeyed him, eyes closed! This pattern had turned her into a people pleaser!

Now, upon losing her parents, not being in touch with Randhir, for 4 years, losing half of her family, her country, her town, she was left mentally broken! To understand her character you ppl need to talk to your grandparents or parents to see if her character is relateable coming from the ‘40s and ‘50s ERA! 

Her thoughts were ahead of her time but she weren’t allowed to follow it!! Her dad hated such thinking, we have all seen how he reacted with the shampoo thing.. so imagine growing up with a parent like that, who always had judgements ready.. any person would have gone meek!! 

Have realistic expectations, people!!!! 

Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye