Favours on contestants..

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Ok i am watching this show from last 3 weeks..i feel like smp is not that good as a singer...she is being favoured unnecessarily.she does not even start singing and judges start praising her...she only do hooo haaa thats it and judges give her so much importance for that...she is doing this in every song as she knows her voice is not that good...i feel they eliminated all their best singers and now there is not any good singers left...sawai is not very easy on the ears as his high notes gives me headache...sorry to say but he is fine as singer not like finalist.. pawandeep voice is just ok too...he is not bad but not extra ordinary...not an indian idol finalist or winner material..

I don't want to demean any contestants. But lets see in future who will grow in industry.  By the way SMP is favored for her technical brilliance and unique ness she brings in. Judges and guests are not fools just to randomly praise someone. Neither she is from a influential family that can influence judges. Iam not sure why people crib always seeing her growth.  I know she may not win because she doesn't have lot of fan base but for people like me who just look for individuality in singing nobody can beat SMP.

Agreed. I did notice that SMP , pawandeep and Asish are overated contestants , I love them and they are unique  . But no matter they perform well or not they get MBD.

Nachiketh and Sireesha were versatile singers and anushka's voice was good, I wish they bring back Nachiketh and Sireesha again   . I sometimes find sawai's singing irritating at times but last episode yesterday he did perform really well. Don't like when Danish adds extra alaps. Arunitha is such a good singer even though with classical background she doesn't add extra alaps and is overall a well deserved contestant who should win . I love classical music but I am not able to connect to Anjali . Nihal is a dark horse , his performances are too good these days . Even though I thought he didn't deserve to be in top 10 earlier , he proved me wrong.Sayli I love her performances but she isn't as versatile as Arunitha .I love all contestants .But according to me Arunitha should win Indian idol 12.

Edited by Dimple84 - 2 years ago

In all fairness she was on a show judged by Kakkar and Himesh Reshamiya and Vishal Dadlani prefers raspy voices so pretty much everything is in her favor with that regard. So in a sense there is some nepotism. Plus we can't ignore the fact that she has been on at least 10+ reality shows before so there is going to be some word of mouth. 

Edited by sahilkapur18 - 2 years ago

Yes, favoritism is shamelessly obvious. Agreed pawan is a very good singer but giving him 3 songs for weeks and this time 4 is sickeningly sad and unfair to other contestants. And if that was not bad enough, rekha and the three naam ke judges on the table cheering during maar gayi mujhe teri judaai, was ridiculous and bafoon like.

Why was this not done for arunita on Saturday when she sang two songs from umraojaan so amazingly?

I hope the original producers of idol franchise revoke the rights to indian idol

SMP was given just one song.  When others were being min 2 and one fellow got a total of 5!!  So much for favoursim for SMP.  Many of silent supporters know that she has a bunch of haters, but we don't mind.  She is THE X factor of Idol 12 and doesn't matter if she is eliminated.  She is a master performer who will shine in the real world.  Only Idol 12 will not be same without her

@ Giridar ...no one hates Smp, all love her and whatever she does she tries to give 100 % . Instead of over hyping few contestants that includes shanmukh , everyone wants the judges or channel to be fair enough to all contestants . At the end of the day if judges choose their favourites , how can we expect them to be fair enough to all . We all have our favourites so as the judges but its not necessary to express all the time and it is not expected from them and their favouritism might demotivate other contestants. A few contestants are given  more screen time as pawandeep sang 5 songs yesterday  , extra unnecessary dramas  is this needed ??.Rather the channel can focus more on the singing part other than inviting actors it's good to invite musicians/ singers /lyricists.  Contestants are not to be blamed here . We are all Indians, we encourage all . It's just an opinion . May God bless all contestants .

Edited by Dimple84 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by GiridharM

SMP was given just one song.  She is a master performer who will shine in the real world.  Only Idol 12 will not be same without her

This forum it's a common practice people target SMP. Some of them doesn't seem to appreciate western style. It's ok everyone have different likes and dislikes.  For me she proved herself with so many complicated songs and brilliant variations with songs which need so much of hard work and talent. Coming to favoritism I guess blame should go to fans not judges/show. Fans are too much interested in seeing Pawandeep and Arunitha  and they are too vocal about it in other contestants comment sections also. Atleast this week they did not put a duet otherwise Arunitha will get blamed again by Pawandeep fans.So for TRP they are giving more screen space. Actually if some one have to complain it should be Anjali's fans. Same as SMP she is technically brilliant and can take classical music to other level.