Of eggs and chocolates; Happy Easter

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 16 days ago

E a s t e r  is one of the most important days observed by Christians all over the world to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after His C r u c i f i x i o n. Easter usually falls on different dates between 21 March and 25 April depending upon the first Sunday after the first full moon following the spring equinox

The events of Easter begins with L e n t e n t   D a y s  - a period of Forty days of fasting and prayers which ends with the H o l y   W e e k. The Lent days starts with Ash Wednesday. The Holy Week includes Palm Sunday which is observed at the beginning. Followed by Holy Thursday (also known as Maundy Thursday) the day of celebrating the 'L a s t   S u p p e r' of Jesus Christ and his 12 Apostles, Good Friday on which the Church remembers the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. The Holy Week ends with E a s t e r   S u n d a y celebrating the resurrection. 

Even though the colorful celebration of today is nowhere recorded in the history of Easter, the 17th Century brought some changes that blend well with the holiday theme to celebrate Easter among non-Christians. D e c o r a t e d   E g g s  became the most important event of Easter holding the meaning 'of new life'. Eggs turning red is also associated with crucifixion and resurrection.  German tradition brought E a s t e r   B u n n i e s  since Hares have a special association with spring and fertility.

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 13 days ago
Posted: 16 days ago

This easter 

crazy creatives bring you the fresh Easter vibes with the Eggcelent Easter contest and that too for both writers and graphicers and all you have to do is hop on.

The rules here are short and simple.

If you are a writer 

All you have to do is write a card for bunny 

Each card will contain a poem and your job is to write the poem.

Poems must not be more than 200 words.

And if you are a graphicer

You will have to design an EGG

More specifically this egg:

And get it as eggcelent as you can

The egg design will have to be non animated.

For both writers and the graphicers, you can send a maximum of 2 entries and the deadline for entries is 16'th April 11:59 PM IST. Please send your entries to 

CrazyCreatives

Now now don't waste any time to jump in smiley16

Credits: DreamyButterfly | Yuvika_15 

Proteeti | MsChanadlerBong 

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 13 days ago
Posted: 13 days ago

Happy Easter Everyone 

Happy Easter guys!

Amazing write-up! smiley27 

Happy Easter Guys!!smiley31