Posted: 2 years ago

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/discussion/btown-women-face-abuse-discrimination-hindustan-times

Here is a very interesting report from Hindustan Times that's worth a discussion. While women are abused in Hollywood too, it seems to be more rampant in Bollywood. Thought? Article follows.

Reports of Salman Khan hitting Katrina Kaif bring to light how women in Bollywood have always faced harassment and discrimination.

Salman Khan: Somy Ali, Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif
When Salman was dating actor Somy Ali in the 90s, it was reported that he smashed a bottle of cola on her head at a party, in a fit of rage.

Aishwarya admitted in an interview that Salman had hit her during their relationship. In 2001, Ash’s family had filed a complaint about Salman coming to their house drunk and breaking furniture and window panes. In 2003 the actor issued a statement against Sallu in which she wrote, “I stood by him enduring alcoholism and misbehavior in its worst phases and in turn, I was at the receiving end of his abuse (verbal, physical, emotional), infidelity and indignity.”

Salman allegedly slapped Katrina Kaif on the sets of their film Yuvraaj in 2008, after he saw a picture of her in a newspaper with Akshay Kumar at an IPL match. He also reportedly slapped her earlier at a coffee shop.

Namaste Delhi, Akki?" loading="lazy">

Edited by SriRani - 2 years ago

Whoa! Are the stories about Katrina true?

Salman Khan is only abuser in Bollywood no one else or what??????

Why BHAI is so abusive???? 

Is it Salim khan and his wife broken relationship affected him,,,,

funny is when this guy is the moral police on WKW in bigg boss..listening to him give gyaan on morals and ethics..how can he himself take it seriously

This is what their "facing" 😆

Originally posted by -sim-

Salman Khan is only abuser in Bollywood no one else or what??????

Why BHAI is so abusive???? 

Is it Salim khan and his wife broken relationship affected him,,,,

no he's not the only abuser of course  others are more friendly with journalists or are married so this helped them to be undercover more. Yes Salim and his wife marriage created  problem affected him but im  certein and I read it that he was beaten a lot and abused in school by many professors he was a naughty kid but they punished him severely sometimes even if wasn't his fault so probably he thinks wrongly that is right to slap etc.. The abuser is often an abused person 

Originally posted by cougarTown

funny is when this guy is the moral police on WKW in bigg boss..listening to him give gyaan on morals and ethics..how can he himself take it seriously

Hilarious. Every contestant is a brilliant actor for not rolling their eyes when Salman of all people is lecturing 😆

Katrina doesn't seem like the type to take it lying down,one way or the other.   I mean it's not as if she has a career at stake. She comes off as the type who says no when she has to.  Aishwarya ,while she refused to get beaten by Salman dealt with it cleverly.  Under the excuse of ',dignity' she never brought it up again , never rocked the boat.  It must be humiliating for her when her husband has to act chummy with a man who abused her and her family.  Salman is the type of guy who doesn't mind his partner wearing shorts but gets angry when she doesn't ask for his permission before heading to the salon.  

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

Katrina doesn't seem like the type to take it lying down,one way or the other.   I mean it's not as if she has a career at stake. She comes off as the type who says no when she has to.  Aishwarya ,while she refused to get beaten by Salman dealt with it cleverly.  Under the excuse of ',dignity' she never brought it up again , never rocked the boat.  It must be humiliating for her when her husband has to act chummy with a man who abused her and her family.  Salman is the type of guy who doesn't mind his partner wearing shorts but gets angry when she doesn't ask for his permission before heading to the salon.  

There’s nothing wrong in wearing shorts 😆

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

There’s nothing wrong in wearing shorts 😆

I don't remember saying there is  something wrong in wearing them. It was about somebody's attitudes towards women and what they do. Not my opinion on the activity in question.