rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

up to this point, most if not many have despised Dhamkipal's ways, his thinking and parenting skills. on many occasions, he has proved to be a disappointing father- to say the least. while the ruhail's, in general, are a very dysfunctional family, a scene in yesterday's episode really took it to a whole new level. 

DP has no right and I mean no rights to beat puttu up, not to mention it being done in public. that's basically child abuse. puttu is not even his own son. SP did the same thing albeit in a different way (shouting, scaring him into submission). I can't begin to imagine the trauma he must be going through. every time puttu talked about getting "sutai" from DP, I used to laugh it off. but after this, I am disturbed by the amount of fear the fathers have instilled in their children. this is also a sad really prevalent in many rural areas where it is believed that fear is the best way to control their children. 

I know this show is in the comedy genre but I seriously hope this is not taken lightly and SP& Chanchal- his actual parents - give DP a piece of their mind. this man cannot just go around taking out his anger on people like this. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rinki_99

up to this point, most if not many have despised Dhamkipal's ways, his thinking and parenting skills. on many occasions, he has proved to be a disappointing father- to say the least. while the ruhail's, in general, are a very dysfunctional family, a scene in yesterday's episode really took it to a whole new level. 

DP has no right and I mean no rights to beat puttu up, not to mention it being done in public. that's basically child abuse. puttu is not even his own son. SP did the same thing albeit in a different way (shouting, scaring him into submission). I can't begin to imagine the trauma he must be going through. every time puttu talked about getting "sutai" from DP, I used to laugh it off. but after this, I am disturbed by the amount of fear the fathers have instilled in their children. this is also a sad really prevalent in many rural areas where it is believed that fear is the best way to control their children. 

I know this show is in the comedy genre but I seriously hope this is not taken lightly and SP& Chanchal- his actual parents - give DP a piece of their mind. this man cannot just go around taking out his anger on people like this. 

Totally agree. I felt bad honestly the kid doesn't deserve this kind of treatment .  Dharampal is inhuman to her daughter's but he shouldn't beat the kid . 

Now the real struggle will start twins will face bully and the taunts like we see in precap. So twins will lose all hope with this ...Poor twins 

Foxii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

True! That is really not done, Poor Puttu

dhun.laagi thumbnail

This is not just prevalent in rural areas, but even urban ones and was extremely rampant till I guess movies like Taare Zameen Par came and some awareness about mental abuse on children came to fore; irrespective of whether it was a specially abled one (Ishaan) or his older brother forced to excel at everything. Many young, teenage children in India commit suicide not just because they failed in exams or competitions, but because they failed to live up to the expectations of their parents. This culture of fear has been unjustly glorified everywhere. 

As someone who has seen such abuse within my family, I can personally attest that it was pathetic and I wanted Inspector Agni to have witnessed it and immediately arrested him for child abuse. Add to that DP was standing mum when even the HB folks were insulting Puttu and only his sisters stood up for him. This is not the thought I ever expected to be promoted from this show and was extremely disappointed with the lack of accountability in the scenario ~ later even Chanchal ran behind him with a chappal and was beating the boy. 

rinki_99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

This is not just prevalent in rural areas, but even urban ones and was extremely rampant till I guess movies like Taare Zameen Par came and some awareness about mental abuse on children came to fore; irrespective of whether it was a specially abled one (Ishaan) or his older brother forced to excel at everything. Many young, teenage children in India commit suicide not just because they failed in exams or competitions, but because they failed to live up to the expectations of their parents. This culture of fear has been unjustly glorified everywhere. 

As someone who has seen such abuse within my family, I can personally attest that it was pathetic and I wanted Inspector Agni to have witnessed it and immediately arrested him for child abuse. Add to that DP was standing mum when even the HB folks were insulting Puttu and only his sisters stood up for him. This is not the thought I ever expected to be promoted from this show and was extremely disappointed with the lack of accountability in the scenario ~ later even Chanchal ran behind him with a chappal and was beating the boy. 

I agree with you. 

while the topic of special needs children/child abuse has been discussed a lot in recent times, with the severity of these malicious actions taken into proper consideration, it seems like ITV has not understood what it really means. it's okay to have some expectation from your children. it's okay for parents to want their children to have a bright future. but, fear, control and manipulation is not the way to go about doing it. abuse is definitely not acceptable in any given context. 

the ruhail adults have expectations from the kids, fine. what about the expectations they have from their parents? they expected them to support and give a befitting reply to those mocking and ridiculing them. they expected them to understand where they are coming from. they expected not to be treated like shit. they failed and still have the audacity to force them down a path they dont want to pursue. double standards much.

puttu like Yohan is expected to take over the shop as he is the 'right full heir' despite his multiple denials of wanting nothing to do with it. on top of that, he is scared of almost everyone in his household save for maybe Kusum Ji. he literally shakes in fear in front of everyone else (for the sake of comedy I know- but the implications are still there). Chanchal disappointed me big time. I thought she would stand up to that sorry excuse of a father for puttu. instead, she seemed to be on the bandwagon. 

I've said it before, it might be a comedy series but there are some things that simply cannot be justified. this display of child abuse being 'normal' is one of them.

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I agree with you. 

while the topic of special needs children/child abuse has been discussed a lot in recent times, with the severity of these malicious actions taken into proper consideration, it seems like ITV has not understood what it really means. it's okay to have some expectation from your children. it's okay for parents to want their children to have a bright future. but, fear, control and manipulation is not the way to go about doing it. abuse is definitely not acceptable in any given context. 

the ruhail adults have expectations from the kids, fine. what about the expectations they have from their parents? they expected them to support and give a befitting reply to those mocking and ridiculing them. they expected them to understand where they are coming from. they expected not to be treated like shit. they failed and still have the audacity to force them down a path they dont want to pursue. double standards much.

puttu like Yohan is expected to take over the shop as he is the 'right full heir' despite his multiple denials of wanting nothing to do with it. on top of that, he is scared of almost everyone in his household save for maybe Kusum Ji. he literally shakes in fear in front of everyone else (for the sake of comedy I know- but the implications are still there). Chanchal disappointed me big time. I thought she would stand up to that sorry excuse of a father for puttu. instead, she seemed to be on the bandwagon. 

I've said it before, it might be a comedy series but there are some things that simply cannot be justified. this display of child abuse being 'normal' is one of them.

Well they didn't " Normalise" the child abuse. They are showcasing two things first parents still not as supportive with career stuff. Second dp shouldn't have beat the boy but Puttu  mentioned that he was getting this beating since a long time and plus when his own parents are like this then what to say ?

dhun.laagi thumbnail

I agree with you. While the topic of special needs children/child abuse has been discussed a lot in recent times, with the severity of these malicious actions taken into proper consideration, it seems like ITV has not understood what it really means. it's okay to have some expectation from your children. it's okay for parents to want their children to have a bright future. but, fear, control and manipulation is not the way to go about doing it. abuse is definitely not acceptable in any given context. the ruhail adults have expectations from the kids, fine. what about the expectations they have from their parents? they expected them to support and give a befitting reply to those mocking and ridiculing them. they expected them to understand where they are coming from. they expected not to be treated like shit. they failed and still have the audacity to force them down a path they dont want to pursue. double standards much. puttu like Yohan is expected to take over the shop as he is the 'right full heir' despite his multiple denials of wanting nothing to do with it. on top of that, he is scared of almost everyone in his household save for maybe Kusum Ji. he literally shakes in fear in front of everyone else (for the sake of comedy I know- but the implications are still there). Chanchal disappointed me big time. I thought she would stand up to that sorry excuse of a father for puttu. instead, she seemed to be on the bandwagon. 

You are talking about iTV, but even in real life it is far from being achieved in normal middle class Indian homes, and this double standard still exists of the son being forced to take up responsibility and girls denied their rights to do so, so they are not showcasing something that is not realistic, but still expected them to steer clear of it in some sense and promote some progressive thought here too, atleast in terms that DP did not bash him up in public and make it a humiliation that the boy will never be able to live down coz everyone has seen what happened 

With respect to Chanchal, exactly, as Puttu's mother, expected her to put her foot down and atleast try to reason out and protect her son from having to be resigned to a similar fate like his father: that of forced responsibility rather than choice. It is evident none of the men will listen, but there has to be some action on the part of the womenfolk also to atleast make them think twice; this I see only the girls and to some extent their mom doing in that house. 

Comedy series and all aside, this show promises to showcase the other side; where girls step up and find their footing in a profession deemed for men, so hope it does justice to highlight the emotional trauma even men like SP and Puttu have to go through when forced to pick up and join pieces that are not meant for them. 

rinki_99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

Well they didn't " Normalise" the child abuse. They are showcasing two things first parents still not as supportive with career stuff. Second dp shouldn't have beat the boy but Puttu  mentioned that he was getting this beating since a long time and plus when his own parents are like this then what to say ?

'

see that's the thing. he has always been getting beaten up and his parent's five a rat's ass. no one seemed to find this wrong because in that house that is simply how things go. remember Susheela handing DP a cane and asking him to just get it over and done with? that is not suppose to happen.

rinki_99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

You are talking about iTV, but even in real life it is far from being achieved in normal middle class Indian homes, and this double standard still exists of the son being forced to take up responsibility and girls denied their rights to do so, so they are not showcasing something that is not realistic, but still expected them to steer clear of it in some sense and promote some progressive thought here too, atleast in terms that DP did not bash him up in public and make it a humiliation that the boy will never be able to live down coz everyone has seen what happened 

With respect to Chanchal, exactly, as Puttu's mother, expected her to put her foot down and atleast try to reason out and protect her son from having to be resigned to a similar fate like his father: that of forced responsibility rather than choice. It is evident none of the men will listen, but there has to be some action on the part of the womenfolk also to atleast make them think twice; this I see only the girls and to some extent their mom doing in that house. 

Comedy series and all aside, this show promises to showcase the other side; where girls step up and find their footing in a profession deemed for men, so hope it does justice to highlight the emotional trauma even men like SP and Puttu have to go through when forced to pick up and join pieces that are not meant for them. 

I know bhena that it is realistic. I've seen it myself and its absolutely horrible to even witness it. I just wished that DP faced the consequences of his actions, not just puttu receiving pitying looks from afar. 

SP and Chanchal seemed like they were going to make sure puttu had a better future and now I m not so sure. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

I know bhena that it is realistic. I've seen it myself and its absolutely horrible to even witness it. I just wished that DP faced the consequences of his actions, not just puttu receiving pitying looks from afar. SP and Chanchal seemed like they were going to make sure puttu had a better future and now I m not so sure. 

Exactly behen, saying the same thing. I know speaking against DP might not yield anything yet it is the responsibility of Puttu's parents to have spoken from his side instead of the resigned fate. DP should have been punished for his behavior against all 3 children of the house at some point instead of allowed to do manmaani as head of household. But now just hope they know where they are going with this and they explore all angles properly.