::Winners of Featured FF of April 2021::

Posted: 2 years ago

Hello and Welcome to the Featured Fiction of the Month Thread.  

Every month, the FF development team celebrates some of the best stories of IF writers and presents them for a month on the first page of the IF Fanfiction section.

The voting/ selection is purely merit-based and while voting, we give importance to grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, ease of understanding, the flow of narration, creativity, versatility, genre, etc of the works submitted. We do not consider the popularity of the story or the amount of reviews/likes it has because we focus solely on the content and quality of the stories. This is a humble attempt from our side to motivate authors and to promote some exemplary work that should be read by everyone. 

The response from you guys is overwhelming, and out of all the entries submitted to us from January, we have selected two beautiful stories to feature in April.

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::  :: ::  :: ::  :: ::  :: ::  :: ::  :: :: 

It gives me great privilege to now announce the winners of April 2021.

First Featured FF of the Month

Love and Beauty

moonglade/Ramya

Synopsis:

Hidimba and Bheema share a few joyous moments together, realizing and celebrating their love. 

Meet Ramya:

Ramya believes in "Declare variables, not wars". She is a coder by profession and loves her job. Ramya hails for the state of the palaces, Rajasthan.

But years ago, mini Ramya wanted to be a writer. After winning first place in an essay writing competition in class 4, Ramya had decided that someday, she will write. And write she did! Since 2015, Ramya has been writing stories on IF. She wrote her first story on Pratap-Ajabde (Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap). Since then, she has written many stories on many characters of Mahabharata, on Jodha-Akbar and Ruqaiya-Akbar (Jodha Akbar)

She has experimented with many genres over the six years, but her favorite genres to write are mystery and historical fiction. She also loves writing poems.

Her favorite authors are Agatha Christie, O.Henry, and Mary Oliver.

Apart from reading and writing, Ramya spends her free time listening to music, especially pop and country music.  She also likes listening to slow romantic Bollywood numbers.

She has been an IF FFE and a Bollycurry writer.

Here is your winning siggie, Ramya.

Second Featured FF of the Month

Being Single Isn't a Curse

BlurredLines/Juanita

Synopsis:

Sneha is turning 30, and the question "When will you get married" is haunting her. People want to know why she is running away from marriage, and as she contemplates her reasons to not marry, we meet her world and try to figure out why Being single isn't a curse.

Meet Juanita:

From a young age, while traveling for long distances, her favorite pastime was to weave a story in her mind. But those stories never made it into words, and when the trip ended, the story usually ended as well. But that changed for Juanita Reid when the show Swaragini inspired her to write. The incredibly talented members on the forum were her inspiration to write as well.

On the offline, she works in the IT field. Juanita, who is more popularly known as Nita, has been on IF for nine years now. She is from Tamil Nadu. She has written original stories and fanfictions on Maya-Rudra (Beyhadh 2), Swara-Sanskar (Swaragini), Riddhima-Vansh (Ishq Mein Marjawa 2), and Arnav-Khushi (Iss Pyaar ko Kya Naam Doon?)

Nita is a fan of Lisa Kleypas, Christi Caldwell, Mary Balogh, Lorraine Heath, Agatha Christie, C.S. Lewis, Arthur Conan Doyle, Catherine Coulter, Enid Blyton, and Nancy Atherton. Her entry into the world of books was through the mystery genre, and now she reads a little bit of everything, but mostly Romance. 

She has written one book in the mystery genre, and most of her other FFs are romantic, but her One-shots are of random genres based on what she wants to write at that moment!

The response of the readers had surprised her when she wrote her first story and, up to today, is the motivational force that keeps her in writing.

Here is your winning siggy, Juanita.

Congratulations to  Ramya and Juanita on behalf of the Fanfiction Development Team. Both stories will be featured in the FF section of IF throughout the month of April. 

Thank you to the FFEs and IF beta readers for voting for the stories.

Writeup: LizzieBennett and oye_nakhrewaali

Tags: Koeli

Winning Siggies: MsChanadlerBong

Proofreading: Viswasruti

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago

Hello, Shello, Fanfiction writers and readers,

If you want your work to be considered for Featured FF of the month for the next month, or if you like a story that you feel is worth being featured, please visit: 

Submit your FF for featuring

:: This work can be from the ones submitted, or the team could pick one from the posted stories in the new FF section.

:: The work can be a completed/ongoing fic. For ongoing work, all we ask is at least [ 10 ] ten chapters of the work should be posted for it to be considered.

:: There is no bar on the length of the story- FF/drabbles/SS/OS/original fiction are all evaluated with the same criteria.

:: The Featured FF of the month was conceived with a dual purpose: 

:: First, highlight outstanding stories and offer talented authors a promotion of their stories to read, love and comment upon and thus give them the necessary validation that any writer values. 

:: Secondly, encourage more writers to write and present their fiction and allow a few hidden gems to stand out amongst the plethora of works we have in our new FF section. 

:: With this in mind, we ask all of you wonderful and talented writers to submit your stories to be considered for Featured FF of the month. 

If you need an unbiased critique of your work before you submit it, do consider dropping it here for our Beta Readers to give you their valued opinion and suggest edits/ changes, if any. 

House of beta readers 

If you need covers for your fanfictions, look no further. We have some of the most talented people like our FFGs around to help you and design your beautiful book covers.

Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 2 years ago

congratulations Ramya and Juanita <3

Edited by Koeli - 2 years ago

Congratulations Ramya and Partner 🤗

The stories sound interesting...let me run quick to read them 💕

Congratulations Nitaaaaa 

So happy for you 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

Congratulations Ramya. 🥳🥳

Congratulations Ramya di and Juanita! ❤️

Congratulations Ramya and Juanita 👏

Thank you everyone for this wonderful Opportunitysmiley31 and I am so happy that My One Shot has been chosen to be featured this month smiley27.

A huge thank you to Sam whom I first met in the Fan Fiction site and whose encouragement and patience while teaching me everything  made me post in the new FF site and to Madhuri, who always there to help me if I needed anything/ Thank you Ramya, who used to be part of the FFE  and now my fellow winner, congratulations.

To all the lovely and talented people in the book cover shop who made me some of the most awe inspiring covers for my books. Thank Yousmiley27

To the Beta readers and all there amazing new initiatives that helps writers in everyway. Thank Yousmiley27

Special Thanks to MsChanadlerBong (Sam) for the lovely Siggie smiley42

Originally posted by Koeli

congratulations Ramya and Juanita <3

Thanks Koeli ❤️

Congratulations Ramya and Nita darling!🤗