Don't Like Khanderao and Gautama

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Honestly, at first I thought Gautama was a strict mother who didn't take anybody's shit, and even though she didn't like Ahilya, it was more because how she was brought up in a royal family and didn't have to deal with someone like Ahilya. So disagreements were bound to happen. 

But she comes across as a terribly hypocritical, condensing and I-am-the-best-and-you-have-no-say-in-my-affairs kind of person. Of all the issues I have with her, it's her hypocrisy that pisses me off the most. She's dealing with a child, and just because it's not her own, she thinks she gets a free pass for almost bullying Ahilya. 

Her son is no better. The mother-son duo often come across as the chief conspiracists of the show who will do anything to put Ahilya down only because she challenges their incorrigible ideals. Even the villains of the show are more enjoyable than these two. It sucks because I do truly like the actor who plays Gautama. But her character is just so much cliché and it's not really enjoyable. 😐😐

Absolutely correct!

Rani Gautama's character is being portrayed very badly. 

She seems like a person with a superiority complex just because she is the first wife of Malarao and mother to heir to the throne.  The attitude with which she treats everyone around her has ensured people only obey her out of fear not out of loyalty.

Moreover she has been shown as someone from an ordinary background just like Malharao and not born and brought up in royal household like others. But still she doesn't even show slightest sympathy for common people's plight. And doesn't act like a queen instead is just an overprotective mother most of the time. 

Ahilya as a 9yr old child stuck with a spoiled brat husband who enjoys bullying her and a hypocrite MIL is so saddening. 

Originally posted by bluecool

Absolutely correct!

Rani Gautama's character is being portrayed very badly. 

She seems like a person with a superiority complex just because she is the first wife of Malarao and mother to heir to the throne.  The attitude with which she treats everyone around her has ensured people only obey her out of fear not out of loyalty.

Moreover she has been shown as someone from an ordinary background just like Malharao and not born and brought up in royal household like others. But still she doesn't even show slightest sympathy for common people's plight. And doesn't act like a queen instead is just an overprotective mother most of the time. 

Ahilya as a 9yr old child stuck with a spoiled brat husband who enjoys bullying her and a hypocrite MIL is so saddening. 

I'm not a regular follower of the show, and didn't know about Gautama's life. If that's the case, she's worse than I thought. It's sad that no one calls out her God Complex where she wants to be worshipped unquestionably. 

I almost cried today when I saw Ahilya in fever n calling for her parents. She is literally being tortured emotionally and it's terrible :(

They're really making Gautama villain, like she could be shown strict but this is just too much. Now that Malharrao is back hope he knocks some sense into her.

Exactly. I don't like how she's too antagonize on the show. She's beyond flawed and woman with a twisted perspective. Her pampering for her son never ends and she outright refuses to acknowledge anything else. Though I honestly liked Khanderao today. 

Totally agree with all the comments!