A R Rahman in Indian Idol???? - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Do the makers of this show tell contestants to go overboard with their reactions or do you think it is genuine? 

Saw in promos that they are all bowing down to him on the ground (is touching his feet not enough to show respect?) and every time he opens his mouth someone will start jumping/shrieking. I think some are genuine (like Ashish’s tears) but for the most part it seems OTT. Being the biggest ARR fan myself I know how simple he is so all this makes me cringe. 

Seen him in many South Indian shows over the years and of course everyone is fascinated but NO ONE behaves like this... and if anything the hype for him there is even more given he is Thamizh and so are the bulk of his compositions. 

I think they are genuine. In India this is common when we love someone. That too most of them are in teens so the best music director in their era is ARR. So when they meet him they think it's an achievement. Iam happy to see them like that. If it is for OTT drama they would have done it before I mean when Ajay-Atul comes but I never saw. SMP and Nihal hailing from south india it's obvious they literally believe him god of music. 

Originally posted by SK2014

I think they are genuine. In India this is common when we love someone. That too most of them are in teens so the best music director in their era is ARR. So when they meet him they think it's an achievement. Iam happy to see them like that. If it is for OTT drama they would have done it before I mean when Ajay-Atul comes but I never saw. SMP and Nihal hailing from south india it's obvious they literally believe him god of music. 

That is fair. I think I was just kind of taken aback because on every other singing show I’ve seen him on they at least try to maintain some decorum. But what you say makes sense. 

Haven’t seen this posted yet but read in an article that this is what he said about Anjali during the show:

“Whenever I am tired or free, I listen to classical songs of Anjali Gaikwad and her sister, Nandani. I have listened to them on YouTube and even, she (Anjali) had sung playback in my film, Sachin: A Billion Dreams. I wish the both of them all the very best for their future.”

Surprised Sony TV has not put this as a promo yet. I expected him to praise Anjali because I know he highly respects classical music but this is seriously a huge compliment for someone of her age. 👏

Yup. Iam doubting some surprise pack coming in our way. They holded Anjali video of ARR episode and SMP video of Anandji episode. Not sure why. May be that would be their final surprise for audience. Anjali already sang for ARR before. As you said he likes her so Sony tv won't loose this chance to promote her. 

Looks like ARR presence made everyone emotional. Even Arunitha moved to tears out of happiness after her performance. All of them are having perfect fan moments today more than any competition vibe. Great to see that.