I think Asad Ahmed Khan was more of Rishabh Bajaj

Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

My pov.

Those who saw QH fell in love with the innocence of Zoya and Asad.  Their banter over breakfast and dinner.  The foundation of love was built on the basis of trust.

The Asad 2.0 is a patriot under cover agent who used Zoya but fell in love with her.  Asad had more shades of KzK2 Mr. Bajaj.

Mr. Bajaj sort of used people to get what he wanted and Asad is also doing the same.  

The current Mr. Khan has shades of RB than the original character. 

The laws of attraction isn't there as guilt precedes love and commitment.  

Mr. Bajaj is somehow very similar..

That is why somehow the originality is lost in the current series as it is a blend of two characters.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think we are yet to see Asad's guilt. To be honest. I wouldn't compare them. Coz they are very different. 

Antara123 thumbnail

Edit: Bajaj's character was different (or messed up or whatever). Why I still loved Asad:

I think there were lots of instances he was extremely honest or tried his best not to lie. He had no answer when Phuphi asked him how the father died. Zoya's. 

When Zoya came and cried to him, I believe he genuinely felt her pain of losing her Dad. Also, remember the instance when he recollected Zoya saying she'll wait for him when he spoke to Damini? 

And, he has NOT told her he loves her. That's pretty deliberate in such a romantic marriage proposal! He says he'd have waited for her all his life (totally possible), and he'd want to see her every morning. Again, totally possible. 

And, even if they went a little haywire with his earnestness in Episode 9 when he couldn't remember he'd told her he'd wait. They made up in Episode 10 when Asad told her about the ring - and reiterated twice that what he told her was true but there's more to come. 

I personally believe Asad is just objective enough to love Zoya and go through with his mission. Knowing both will overlap doesn't stop him from keeping them separate. 

Or you are just right. And they screwed up with Asad's character. We'll know more next season. If they have actually done that, they are screwed. Coz people watch this for Asad's honesty. If Asad were to become slimy like Bajaj (sliminess is fun but it's not Asad), then AsYa won't be AsYa. Qubool Hai won't be Qubool Hai and the makers would have lost the plot. 

Even if they put across that image for now, they'll have to fix it to retain their audiences. XD So I am hoping it turns out right. 

Sana2020 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

The first few times I watched QH 2.0 I was worried about how I felt about Asad 2.0 too - because I love love love Asad 1.0, but now I've watched it too many times and I've concluded that basically Asads core is honesty and if they changed that then I don't see how the character works or even AsYa works - their relationship was based on both believing doing the right thing.. but even in QH1 Asad did things that he thought were justified without really thinking through the consequences -  like sending Zoya to meet Akram and initially blaming Zoya for getting involved in helping Miriam escape her wedding - both times he believed in following the path of traditions and good manners without any questioning or rationalising etc 

Asad went to Belgrade focussed on winning the championship and completing this mission sold to him as his patriotic duty - taking Zoya back to India was not part of the original plan and neither was the proposal - Sana's reactions and Damini doesnt mention it either... 

Asad has told a massive lie about Zoya's father dying wish - without that as a catalyst there was no way in the world he could have created the circumstance to take Zoya to India - if the dying wish lie was just pressure of the moment  then he could have backed out of the wedding talk after the worst proposal in the world, but he consciously followed that up with Zoya's dream proposal and the ring ceremony..... so why is the question? 

The music box probably does have the infromation Damini wants (why else had her dad left  it in the vault?) - so why not just steal that on his way out from Zoya - why has he decided that Zoya knows something and he needs to take her to India? Asad has not seen anything in Zoya to doubt her intentions and neither have we... 

My theory is that Asad believes, or has convinced himself, that Zoya will be safer if he takes her back to India with him than leaving her in Pakistan and the quickest and easiest way to convince her is to appeal to her romantic instinct.... i dont think that a decision he should be making for Zoya but Asad 1.0 also made decisions for Zoya that he shouldnt have in the early days.  I dont think Asad with his parents marriage and Asma betrayal baggage would rush into getting married like we've been shown even if he was genuinely attracted to Zoya. 

Seeing that Karan and Surbhi are both talking about multiple seasons for QH2.0 I don't think they're going to rush the love story - which i am really happy about!

EuphoricDamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

OMG I thought it was just me,lol.

I mean yes, there's no debate about which Asad I adored more, this Asad in 2.0 felt bleh tbh. I mean I know people loved it but after rewatching the season one all over again in quarantine I miss the magnetic rush of old AAK. 

Sana2020 thumbnail

Ok so having watched QH2.0 a few more times (for all its shortcomings it is very watchable) and needing to believe in Asad 2.0 until season 2 comes along(which is probably now delayed until next year) I have concluded that Asad knows of  Damini's plan regards to Zoyas family home in Pakistan - hence the race to leave the house by 12 and India by 6  and why he's taking Zoya to India with him - he doesn't want Zoya to get caught up in that...so he really is trying to save her from harm....

I loved Surbhi as Zoya 1.0 but I am genuinely struggling to connect with Zoya 2.0, she's somehow lost her substance - Zoya1.0 could be immature and impulsive but she had a level of strength and depth in her own self and her belief system that I have not seen as yet in Zoya 2.0. Zoya 1.0 wearing jeans and having opinions on ITV was unique -that alone is not going to make her unique on OTT. 

For example - Zoya's a vegan that wears leather jackets, carries leather rucksacks and agrees to marry a guy that goes wildlife shooting, like really I'm a vegetarian and that would be a deal breaker for me and all the vegans that I have ever met are way more committed to their life choice - the fact that Zoya isn't makes her look she's just follows faddy trends rather than believes in her life choices. 

The other thing that i found really hard to empathise with was the fact Zoya was pressured into a agreeing to marry a guy(Salman) who she thinks is completely wrong for her (she actually thinks he's a buffoon) by her ( otherwise loving) mum whilst she was in London (her home town) -  Zoya 1.0 was pressured into agreeing Akram, a stranger, when she was in India by her Appi - who she owed so much too. The comedic characterisation of  Salman I think  makes Zoya look even more weak -if he had just been an old childhood good solid friend i could see that maybe she would think he was a safe option and agree to marry him from some pressure from her mum-  considering the abandonment issues she has regarding her dad. 

Thirdly, Zoya completely doesn't hold her dad to account for abandoning her and her mum and Zoya's mum has warned her that her dad's motives for calling her are likely to be selfish and yet she goes running to him. I get she wants answers from her dad as she's never had an explanation but seriously she literally gives him a complete free pass - to the point she doesn't even raise an objection when her dad declares that he wants her to marry Haider. I would argue that her dad lost all his rights to ask her to make blind promises or to impose any decisions of Zoya's life when he left at her at the age of 6. I would like to see Rashid trying to tell Asad who he wants to Asad to marry and Asad's response!  Why is the female lead in indian shows not allowed to hold her parents to account (i'm thinking of Kashaf in ZGH) - I'm sure we're going to see Asad not forgiving Rashid for abandoning his family.

If the general hadn't been killed, what was Zoya's plan for her stay in Pakistan? Seeing she was pressured into agreeing Salman in London presumably she would have also agreed to marry Haider too under pressure from her dad? 

I really hope that in season 2 the writers give Zoya some serious substance and stop making her the passenger in her own life - take control and please not by being a spy - because under her watch the defence and vice defence minister of Pakistan were killed so if she is a spy then she's not a very good one.

By the end of season 2- whether or not AsYa  accept and/or acknowledge their feelings for each other- I as a viewer want to believe in their feelings for each other and their characters - so that I can genuinely ship AsYa 2.0 and not just out of nostalgia.

sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I feel that they will show us the actual layers to the characters in the next season! This is a web show and they generally take time to show the actual character specially when they are planning multiple season!

I just trust Surbhi and Karan’s choices. They both choose their scripts wisely and hardly have ever done roles which had major flaws. Plus they know Asad and Zoya so well, and that we love these characters so much. I don’t think so they themselves will compromise on these characters because they are close to them too.

I just think that the next season will bring a change in Zoya’s character and she’ll turn out to be more stronger and intelligent. And for Asad, as Antara stated that his honesty will be portrayed by his love gor Zoya.

I just hope that we get to see the honest Asad and the free spirited, strong Zoya.

Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sana2020

Ok so having watched QH2.0 a few more times (for all its shortcomings it is very watchable) and needing to believe in Asad 2.0 until season 2 comes along(which is probably now delayed until next year) I have concluded that Asad knows of  Damini's plan regards to Zoyas family home in Pakistan - hence the race to leave the house by 12 and India by 6  and why he's taking Zoya to India with him - he doesn't want Zoya to get caught up in that...so he really is trying to save her from harm....

I loved Surbhi as Zoya 1.0 but I am genuinely struggling to connect with Zoya 2.0, she's somehow lost her substance - Zoya1.0 could be immature and impulsive but she had a level of strength and depth in her own self and her belief system that I have not seen as yet in Zoya 2.0. Zoya 1.0 wearing jeans and having opinions on ITV was unique -that alone is not going to make her unique on OTT. 

For example - Zoya's a vegan that wears leather jackets, carries leather rucksacks and agrees to marry a guy that goes wildlife shooting, like really I'm a vegetarian and that would be a deal breaker for me and all the vegans that I have ever met are way more committed to their life choice - the fact that Zoya isn't makes her look she's just follows faddy trends rather than believes in her life choices. 

The other thing that i found really hard to empathise with was the fact Zoya was pressured into a agreeing to marry a guy(Salman) who she thinks is completely wrong for her (she actually thinks he's a buffoon) by her ( otherwise loving) mum whilst she was in London (her home town) -  Zoya 1.0 was pressured into agreeing Akram, a stranger, when she was in India by her Appi - who she owed so much too. The comedic characterisation of  Salman I think  makes Zoya look even more weak -if he had just been an old childhood good solid friend i could see that maybe she would think he was a safe option and agree to marry him from some pressure from her mum-  considering the abandonment issues she has regarding her dad. 

Thirdly, Zoya completely doesn't hold her dad to account for abandoning her and her mum and Zoya's mum has warned her that her dad's motives for calling her are likely to be selfish and yet she goes running to him. I get she wants answers from her dad as she's never had an explanation but seriously she literally gives him a complete free pass - to the point she doesn't even raise an objection when her dad declares that he wants her to marry Haider. I would argue that her dad lost all his rights to ask her to make blind promises or to impose any decisions of Zoya's life when he left at her at the age of 6. I would like to see Rashid trying to tell Asad who he wants to Asad to marry and Asad's response!  Why is the female lead in indian shows not allowed to hold her parents to account (i'm thinking of Kashaf in ZGH) - I'm sure we're going to see Asad not forgiving Rashid for abandoning his family.

If the general hadn't been killed, what was Zoya's plan for her stay in Pakistan? Seeing she was pressured into agreeing Salman in London presumably she would have also agreed to marry Haider too under pressure from her dad? 

I really hope that in season 2 the writers give Zoya some serious substance and stop making her the passenger in her own life - take control and please not by being a spy - because under her watch the defence and vice defence minister of Pakistan were killed so if she is a spy then she's not a very good one.

By the end of season 2- whether or not AsYa  accept and/or acknowledge their feelings for each other- I as a viewer want to believe in their feelings for each other and their characters - so that I can genuinely ship AsYa 2.0 and not just out of nostalgia.

This is a really fresh POV which I didn't consider before. And it makes a lot of sense. I felt Zoya's character had more depth and maturity but the situations you mentioned above prove otherwise. 

1. Salman and the marriage - they added it to give the Season 1 feel like duh. The runaway bride feeling. But yes, I'd rather have had Salman being a very strong and wealthy and powerful man in London and Zoya's mother was a pushover and could be manipulated into getting Zoya married to him. I'd rather have seen that than some comedian who pulled all this stunt and followed her to the hotel and all. 

2. Yeah she gave an extremely free pass to her father. However if you see, she gives a very free pass to everyone in her life. And she accepts them completely. She got coerced into marrying Salman and she had to resort to fleeing, as she couldn't say no very easily. Her Dad called her and she rushed to him. She's a slight softie that way. Her brother married Annika - something she wasn't even aware of until she met Annika, But she didn't call him out on that. She accepted her instantly with no explanations required. 

Even Asad, it took her a matter of days to convince herself that she wanted to be with him. If you see, the world's worst proposal scene, when Asad tells her that I think your father saw that hum kareeb Hain. That's when the tone between them changes and that's when it hits her and she asks him what his heart says and what he wants coz she's already bowled over by Asad's admission that they are very close! Before that she didn't realise it or she didn't even feel that way perhaps. Once he said, she made herself believe that's true and fell flat.

Zoya sees what she wants to see in others, rather than seeing them for what they are. That's probably the explanation to why she accepted her father and his condition. Eventually, if he hadn't died and he'd insisted on the marriage, she'd have made Asad do something and take her away so it doesn't happen. 

She's more on the spur and believes her actions won't have the consequences that they'd normally have and everything can be fixed in the end. 

Something like semi Geet like from Jab We Met. 

Sana2020 thumbnail

I am hoping that the Zoya's odd family dynamics are deliberate and going to be used and explained in future seasons - like do we even know if Zoya, Hassan and Zoobie are all have the same parents - Zoya's mum didn't seem too interested in Zoobie.

Only other point - If Salman had been a serious credible marriage option for Zoya then when she finds out about Asads lies (he has lied to her irrespective of motive) Salman could have been brought back and we could seen a side of Asad that was not explored in QH1.0.

I accept that with a seasonal show character layers are uncovered over time - but I can't help but feeling they concentrated too much on the plot in season 1, for a love story to really work (like QH1 did) you need the audience to be invested in the characters