20 & 21 March Episode Discussion

Posted: 3 years ago

So here's the thread to discuss this weekend's episodes. See you all soon!

Edited by Aditi_MM - 3 years ago

I found today's episode to be average (compared to the rest). Honestly, I wasn't really emotionally invested in either team so that might be a reason why I found it average. Also, everyone pretty much stuck to their comfort zone so it wasn't that interesting.

- During Asees and Shehnaz's performance, I found coordination to be lacking in the middle. Shehnaz was trying out new things and Asees wasn't able to keep up. But they finished strong.

- During the Vande Mataram performance, everyone took alaaps for no reason it seemed. And none of them were coordinated. What were they doing? Just trying to one up each other?

- Kind of off topic but I have to say this. What was Rupali wearing today? Were the designers going for a Gujarati-Rajasthani look? Even her makeup was so OTT. She just didn't fit the whole atmosphere. Asees and Payal were dressed so well. Especially Asees. I loved her dress and the colors on it.

- Are these performances actually live or pre-recorded? Because during Mika and Rupali's performance I swear I heard Rupali's voice even when she wasn't singing. It was right when Ankit Tiwari came on stage with Mika and the verse "mera nagma nagma mera kalma kalma" started. Check it out again and you'll see what I'm talking about. I know the first episode where all the teams were introduced was pre-recorded but the rest I thought were live performances. Was this just an exception? Was it a goof-up on the part of the editing team? I'm so confused.

- I spent the majority of the episode hoping for it to spice up. Pretty much all my expectations were on Salman. UP doesn't utilize Salman enough IMO, especially if you compare to how much Rupali sings for Punjab (both today and in the last league match). I always enjoy his performances more than anyone else from UP (even with the overuse of his alaaps). 

- For me, Salman won the face-off hands down. Much better singing and pronunciation. Shehnaz was overdoing it I think. I think because of Salman, UP has a slight edge.

- So almost every song today (from both Punjab and UP) were Punjabi based, except for Ankit's first performance. It just became too much Punjabi for me. Also could be a reason why I didn't enjoy this episode as much. 

What were your favorite performances today from UP and Punjab? Which team was better in your opinion?

Originally posted by Aditi_MM

I found today's episode to be average (compared to the rest). Honestly, I wasn't really emotionally invested in either team so that might be a reason why I found it average. Also, everyone pretty much stuck to their comfort zone so it wasn't that interesting.

- During Asees and Shehnaz's performance, I found coordination to be lacking in the middle. Shehnaz was trying out new things and Asees wasn't able to keep up. But they finished strong.

- During the Vande Mataram performance, everyone took alaaps for no reason it seemed. And none of them were coordinated. What were they doing? Just trying to one up each other?

- Kind of off topic but I have to say this. What was Rupali wearing today? Were the designers going for a Gujarati-Rajasthani look? Even her makeup was so OTT. She just didn't fit the whole atmosphere. Asees and Payal were dressed so well. Especially Asees. I loved her dress and the colors on it.

- Are these performances actually live or pre-recorded? Because during Mika and Rupali's performance I swear I heard Rupali's voice even when she wasn't singing. It was right when Ankit Tiwari came on stage with Mika and the verse "mera nagma nagma mera kalma kalma" started. Check it out again and you'll see what I'm talking about. I know the first episode where all the teams were introduced was pre-recorded but the rest I thought were live performances. Was this just an exception? Was it a goof-up on the part of the editing team? I'm so confused.

- I spent the majority of the episode hoping for it to spice up. Pretty much all my expectations were on Salman. UP doesn't utilize Salman enough IMO, especially if you compare to how much Rupali sings for Punjab (both today and in the last league match). I always enjoy his performances more than anyone else from UP (even with the overuse of his alaaps). 

- For me, Salman won the face-off hands down. Much better singing and pronunciation. Shehnaz was overdoing it I think. I think because of Salman, UP has a slight edge.

- So almost every song today (from both Punjab and UP) were Punjabi based, except for Ankit's first performance. It just became too much Punjabi for me. Also could be a reason why I didn't enjoy this episode as much. 

What were your favorite performances today from UP and Punjab? Which team was better in your opinion?

I’ve only watched parts of the episode, I’ll watch it properly during the week, but I agree with what you’ve said.

I’m pro team Punjab but didn’t enjoy them much today. Actually, in the Punjab team I’m not a big fan of Asees.

I strongly think there is some amount of pre recording. Which is strange considering they would only need pre-recorded Backing Vocals, not Lead Vocals. 

U can go thru this to confirm what I have copy-pasted from the document:

https://ipml.in/IPML%20-%20Rule%20&%20Regulations.pdf

Programmed Tracks: 

1. Western Rhythm 

2. Indian Rhythm
3. Bass

4. Harmony Tracks
5. Solo Instruments
6. Backing Vocals - Dry 

7. Lead Vocals - Dry

Live Tracks:
1. Western Rhythm 

2. Indian Rhythm 

3. Bass
4. Harmony Tracks 

5. Solo Instruments

6. Backing Vocals - Dry 

7. Lead Vocals - Dry

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

I strongly think there is some amount of pre recording. Which is strange considering they would only need pre-recorded Backing Vocals, not Lead Vocals. 

U can go thru this to confirm what I have copy-pasted from the document:

https://ipml.in/IPML%20-%20Rule%20&%20Regulations.pdf

Programmed Tracks: 

1. Western Rhythm 

2. Indian Rhythm
3. Bass

4. Harmony Tracks
5. Solo Instruments
6. Backing Vocals - Dry 

7. Lead Vocals - Dry

Live Tracks:
1. Western Rhythm 

2. Indian Rhythm 

3. Bass
4. Harmony Tracks 

5. Solo Instruments

6. Backing Vocals - Dry 

7. Lead Vocals - Dry

Thanks for this document. It said that there are six categories for the teams to choose songs from in the League Matches (party, romance, patriotic, devotional, etc.). Does that mean each league match is dedicated to one category? Or do they mix it up? Because I don't recall each league match having any particular theme, but during the last league match between Bengal and Gujarat, everyone kept going on about how love was the theme of the episode. 

Also, the document said each super match has an umbrella theme. I know the last super match was about journey through the decades. What was the theme of the first super match?

Thanks for this document. It said that there are six categories for the teams to choose songs from in the League Matches (party, romance, patriotic, devotional, etc.). Does that mean each league match is dedicated to one category? Or do they mix it up? Because I don't recall each league match having any particular theme, but during the last league match between Bengal and Gujarat, everyone kept going on about how love was the theme of the episode. 

Also, the document said each super match has an umbrella theme. I know the last super match was about journey through the decades. What was the theme of the first super match?

Looks like the theme was 'introducing all teams and their contestants' coz they did not sing anything specific.

OKay so lemme say I waited an extra week for my Delhi to perform and they so freaking outshone Mumbai! I'll talk about each round:

1. Mohd Irfan vs Shabab Sabri

I really liked both and honestly couldn't compare them since their genres were completely different. But this was a one all for me.

2. Entire Mumbai vs Neha

Damn Neha defeated them within the first 30 seconds of her song! One against five and the way she wowed omg!! Love this girl!! Mumbai did not do justice to Deva Shree Ganesha at all, it was so very lacklustre. Honestly it felt they shouldn't have taken so many people, it ruined the song for me. Neha was truly a rockstar esp that floor dance she did, my jaw literally dropped. Clear winner!

3. Shilpa-Rachit vs Ankush-Priyanshi

In Mumbai's performance, Rachit clearly added to the song..rightly pointed by the RJs. Shilpa was strictly average, I expected her to be much better given her international nominations etc. Plus there seemed to be no camaraderie on screen, I did not feel the passion and junoon of the song.

Coming to Delhi, not only did they chose a great song but Ankush and Priyanshi performed it very well. Ankush's forte is soft romantic so he nailed it. And he brought such softness and romance to his voice...Imma sure the fangirls were blushing today!! Even the little dance they did, very well coordinated and they were in sync...although I did miss Neelanjana today 😆

Priyanshi also looked enamoured, my friends and I were joking about the fact that she has a crush on him and later Karan just prove my point correct 😆

4. Kailash-Purva-*i don't remember who sang third!* vs Sajid-Ankush

Kailash is definitely a limited singer and it got proved today. He is very good at his genre but not an all-rounder. The other two were also very lacking. Coming to Delhi, my only problem is that Sajid wasted a minute or something with his speech rather than singing. There was no point of it. And he had Ankush with him ffs, that dude would make up for the singing skills and could've used that additional minute for a solo. Still, Delhi won this round for me.

5. Jugalbandi

Idk about you guys but I did not enjoy it. Maybe I was expecting something as epic as Ramta Jogi. I felt both the singers weren't into it, you know. It did not feel like a competition. Maybe I am wrong about this...but I cannot score this round.

All in all Delhi definitely won today, if they don't get points next week then imma sure it is rigged 😆 

OKay so lemme say I waited an extra week for my Delhi to perform and they so freaking outshone Mumbai! I'll talk about each round:

1. Mohd Irfan vs Shabab Sabri

I really liked both and honestly couldn't compare them since their genres were completely different. But this was a one all for me.

2. Entire Mumbai vs Neha

Damn Neha defeated them within the first 30 seconds of her song! One against five and the way she wowed omg!! Love this girl!! Mumbai did not do justice to Deva Shree Ganesha at all, it was so very lacklustre. Honestly it felt they shouldn't have taken so many people, it ruined the song for me. Neha was truly a rockstar esp that floor dance she did, my jaw literally dropped. Clear winner!

3. Shilpa-Rachit vs Ankush-Priyanshi

In Mumbai's performance, Rachit clearly added to the song..rightly pointed by the RJs. Shilpa was strictly average, I expected her to be much better given her international nominations etc. Plus there seemed to be no camaraderie on screen, I did not feel the passion and junoon of the song.

Coming to Delhi, not only did they chose a great song but Ankush and Priyanshi performed it very well. Ankush's forte is soft romantic so he nailed it. And he brought such softness and romance to his voice...Imma sure the fangirls were blushing today!! Even the little dance they did, very well coordinated and they were in sync...although I did miss Neelanjana today 😆

Priyanshi also looked enamoured, my friends and I were joking about the fact that she has a crush on him and later Karan just prove my point correct 😆

4. Kailash-Purva-*i don't remember who sang third!* vs Sajid-Ankush

Kailash is definitely a limited singer and it got proved today. He is very good at his genre but not an all-rounder. The other two were also very lacking. Coming to Delhi, my only problem is that Sajid wasted a minute or something with his speech rather than singing. There was no point of it. And he had Ankush with him ffs, that dude would make up for the singing skills and could've used that additional minute for a solo. Still, Delhi won this round for me.

5. Jugalbandi

Idk about you guys but I did not enjoy it. Maybe I was expecting something as epic as Ramta Jogi. I felt both the singers weren't into it, you know. It did not feel like a competition. Maybe I am wrong about this...but I cannot score this round.

All in all Delhi definitely won today, if they don't get points next week then imma sure it is rigged 😆 

I can’t wait to watch today’s episode. I’m watching Indian Idol rn (cuz I’m an idiot) but I’ll get to IPML next. 
I’ve been eagerly waiting to hear Ankush sing again and the pics of his and Priyanshi’s duet on Instagram were like pyaase ko paani dikhana. I can’t wait! 

So today was the classic Delhiite vs Mumbaikar episode. Let's dive in, shall we?

- For first round, as much as I love my Delhi team, my vote goes to Irfan. I have been loving his songs (Baarish, Banjara, Phir Mohabbat) for a long time and he was the only new addition that I've actually heard of properly. Shabab sang Peeni hai (which was his own song) but I heard it first from Sahil Solanki on Indian Idol, and as weird as it sounds, I liked Sahil's version better. This is not to say that Shabab is any less of a singer. I'm just gonna give him time to grow on me. 

- Almost all the all-rounders sang their own songs. To phir all-rounders kaahe ke huye? Maybe that was just for their introductory performances. I sure hope they all sing different songs to actually prove that they're all-rounders.

- Mumbai really didn't need all five people singing Deva Shree Ganesha. Even UP's performance in the previous innings with all four people (Afghan Jalebi) didn't work out IMO. It's just too many cooks at that point. Plus, after hearing Danish and Salman singing Deva Shree Ganesha solo, I wasn't impressed with the entire team singing it.

- Neha frickin' blew it out of the park man! Holy crap! Her voice is a powerhouse. I can only dream of having her kind of personality and confidence. Phew! 😅 I've only heard these songs today for the first time in full and I am so grateful to have heard them from Neha like this!! I really have newfound respect for this woman!

- I wish Rachit would have sung more during his duet with Shilpa. I loved his voice today. He could have done so much more during that performance. Shilpa didn't have enough of the "Kamli-ness" and "Malang-ness" she spoke of today. Rachit wasn't used enough during his performance with Kailash and Purva either. UP did this kind of mistake too, with not utilizing Salman enough. Bengal is great at utilizing their talents, including Rituraj and Mismi.

- Side note: Is it just me or did anyone else hear Kailash's voice break during his performances today?

- Ankush and Priyanshi's performance was undoubtedly my favorite. Haayeee.... 😍 They sang beautifully, perfectly in sync, and that little dance they did together was the cherry on top!

- Delhi's song selection also got better this episode, especially with Sajid and Ankush's performance. Both were great with Main Hoon Don. 

- For the face-off, Shabab was the winner for me, even if only by a slight edge. I don't know why Sajid had a problem with it. Shabab sang more, and he had a more powerful and clear voice. He clearly proved wrong my opinion of him from the beginning of the episode. He is an amazing singer! Kailash sang well too but something just seemed off. I can't pinpoint it. 

- In conclusion, Delhi is the winner today mainly due to Neha, Ankush, and Priyanshi. 

- Oh, and one last thing: Can we please get a new sound engineer? In performance after performance, the instruments are louder than the lead singer(s)!

I think I was blushing along with Priyanshi, and why not? 😍🙈 Did you see how much Ankush has come out of his shell compared to Indian Idol? He even knows how to flirt now! 😅😂