Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

New Vimal Paan Masala Ad Ft. SRK & Ajay Devgn - Page 7

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Looks like SRK joined the Vimal Universe ðŸ¤£.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Paan causes cancer, some of which can be incurable. Colas don't.

Not difficult to understand.

F&L was a long time ago before society changed for the better. I'd be outraged if he endorsed it today. Edited to add. I looked it up. He is still endorsing it. 

Even so, people have trigger points they react to. Not everyone gets equally outraged for every wrong thing. 

Pan by itself doesn't cause cancer. If you put in tobacco in the pan, that's when it turns carcinogenic.

Traditionally, at least in the north, pan used to be made at home and consumed after a meal (unlike today where you get them from panwalas).

The pan (betel leaf), kattha, chuna and supari are key ingredients for flavor. Tobacco is frequently used but not always. And never in meetha pan, sada pan or pachhattar different varieties of pan. And that is the distinction I want to clarify for anyone that doesn't know much about pan.

So, enjoy your meetha pan. Yum 😋

On topic, SRK must have his reasons, but I was  disappointed by his decision.

I have never tasted gutkha (since gutkha ads are banned, 'Pan Masala' is the closest ad to a gutkha), but I have, on multiple occasions, been compelled to smell frsh gutkha spit. It's horrendous. And would certainly never entice anyone to run towards the spitter. ðŸ˜†

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Paan causes cancer, some of which can be incurable. Colas don't.

Not difficult to understand.

F&L was a long time ago before society changed for the better. I'd be outraged if he endorsed it today. Edited to add. I looked it up. He is still endorsing it. 

Even so, people have trigger points they react to. Not everyone gets equally outraged for every wrong thing. 

Paan(Betel Leaves) do not cause cancer, betel nut does, on the contrary betel leaves have cancer fighting properties. When things like Tobacco, supari are added to paan then it can cause cancer.

https://www.lybrate.com/topic/betel-leaf-benefits

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Well, he has done Fair and handsome ad, so not surprising he is doing surrogate ads about these harmful products. Anyway he is free to promote what he wants to, that is a part of how he earns his money.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: tapori

Pan by itself doesn't cause cancer. If you put in tobacco in the pan, that's when it turns carcinogenic.

Traditionally, at least in the north, pan used to be made at home and consumed after a meal (unlike today where you get them from panwalas).

The pan (betel leaf), kattha, chuna and supari are key ingredients for flavor. Tobacco is frequently used but not always. And never in meetha pan, sada pan or pachhattar different varieties of pan. And that is the distinction I want to clarify for anyone that doesn't know much about pan.

So, enjoy your meetha pan. Yum 😋

On topic, SRK must have his reasons, but I was  disappointed by his decision.

I have never tasted gutkha (since gutkha ads are banned, 'Pan Masala' is the closest ad to a gutkha), but I have, on multiple occasions, been compelled to smell frsh gutkha spit. It's horrendous. And would certainly never entice anyone to run towards the spitter. ðŸ˜†

This is a common misconception.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10728606/

Areca nut and slaked lime have been shown to be risk factors for oral cancer, with lime causing abrasions through which carcinogens can enter the cell. Caveat being science is evolving, and I did see one paper showing areca nut may also have benefits. Betel leaf is supposed to have some anticarcinogenic effect.

I'm not familiar with various kinds of paan, so not sure if all kinds use areca and/or lime or other cancer causing/promoting substances.

Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Where is that SRK stan who used to shit on Gap, calling it outdated when PC was on the billboards in NY? 

Talk about karma, we need Dudwale type of IDs to unearth those gems sprouted by SRK Stan's over the last year.

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

This is a common misconception.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10728606/

Areca nut and slaked lime have been shown to be risk factors for oral cancer, with lime causing abrasions through which carcinogens can enter the cell. Caveat being science is evolving, and I did see one paper showing areca nut may also have benefits. Betel leaf is supposed to have some anticarcinogenic effect.

I'm not familiar with various kinds of paan, so not sure if all kinds use areca and/or lime or other cancer causing/promoting substances.

Interesting!

Tbh the jury is still out on a lot of food items we traditionally consume.

hbkrocks thumbnail

Payback time for those SRK fans who used to mock Ajay ðŸ˜†

Soanz.19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thought SRK had better sense of responsibility. Sigh, can't expect anything from these celebs😵Besides, the ad is pathetic. Looks like a cheap fan made edit😆