Has the channel ever plugged off a show midway?

Posted: 3 years ago

Does anyone know if Star plus has plugged a show midway because of low TRPs? Like the story wasn't completed yet SP forced it to shut down?

There are few shows in the past which ended in the mid way. One was 'Dil Sambhal Ja Zara' which ended with 0.7 ratings and abruptly ended. Two was 'Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum' which ended with 1.8 ratings and abruptly ended because at primetime according to the channel the ratings were decent but not higher. Three was 'Namah' i guess which had some 0.4 ratings and fourth as much as i remember it was 'Aarambh' which had a very abrupt end.

Originally posted by Neon9

There are few shows in the past which ended in the mid way. One was 'Dil Sambhal Ja Zara' which ended with 0.7 ratings and abruptly ended. Two was 'Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum' which ended with 1.8 ratings and abruptly ended because at primetime according to the channel the ratings were decent but not higher. Three was 'Namah' i guess which had some 0.4 ratings and fourth as much as i remember it was 'Aarambh' which had a very abrupt end.

Thanks for letting me know. It was helpful

The rahil azam and shruti seth show dil dharakne do got axed midway without an ending due to lockdown

there were a few more too

Originally posted by Unique.Sheep

The rahil azam and shruti seth show dil dharakne do got axed midway without an ending due to lockdown

there were a few more too

Thanks for sharing

Its sister channel Life Ok did with Hatim, Ek Boond Ishq and Chandrakanta. They pulled those shows off air without completing its story even though those shows were good.

Originally posted by Juhi_04

Its sister channel Life Ok did with Hatim, Ek Boond Ishq and Chandrakanta. They pulled those shows off air without completing its story even though those shows were good.

LifeOK was not a sister channel. First it was Star One which was a sister channel. Then some other company mortgaged it and changed the name to LifeOK. And when Star repaid them, they changed the name to Star Bharat which is a sister channel. 

Originally posted by AnokhiKaShaurya

LifeOK was not a sister channel. First it was Star One which was a sister channel. Then some other company mortgaged it and changed the name to LifeOK. And when Star repaid them, they changed the name to Star Bharat which is a sister channel. 

It is a sister channel. Even if what you said is true but Life Ok was very much a Star channel. But isn't the topic about something else that is about shows ending in middle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_OK

Its owned by Star India only. Star itself is a big network so I don't think anyone can buy a channel.

Edited by Juhi_04 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Juhi_04

It is a sister channel. Even if what you said is true but Life Ok was very much a Star channel. But isn't the topic about something else that is about shows ending in middle?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_OK

Its owned by Star India only. Star itself is a big network so I don't think anyone can buy a channel.

Since the Sister channel concept came in between, I talked about it. Else I made the topic to get the answer to a question. Sorry if you felt bad.

Originally posted by AnokhiKaShaurya

Since the Sister channel concept came in between, I talked about it. Else I made the topic to get the answer to a question. Sorry if you felt bad.

I did not felt bad but Life Ok was by Star only. Now only I confirmed with others on forum. Life Ok's initial revamp name was Star Desh before they decided Life Ok. They revamped it as Star One was bringing low GRPs. And later they revamped it as Star Bharat for the same reason.

Edited by Juhi_04 - 3 years ago