Soni Razdan reacts strongly, wants Covid-19 vaccine for all actors - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by MommaDarling

Not just actors, everyone should start getting vaccinated in Maharashtra irrespective of age to stop the rise in numbers in the state asap. While 60+ is a high risk group but the amount of 60+ people working out of home everyday is much lesser than those in the age groups of 20-50. That's why really important to speed up vaccination and open it to all and not just 60+ age group, atleast in states like Maharashtra where cases are surging every freaking day.

Yesterday there were 2300 cases alone in Mumbai. And honestly in a film set, actors are the only ones who are unmasked throughout the shoot, the rest of crew is still masked at most of the times so I get actors being worried since almost every actor is getting covid from a film set only if we see all the names who got the virus recently. All of them were shooting. So we need vaccine for all urgently esp at a time when there is so much vaccine wastage across the country as announced by the govt yesterday.

@bold : totally agree with this part. I'm guessing they'll remove these age restrictions in another week or so. They've already lowered it to people aged 45+ (even without comorbities) and for some reason the vaccination drive is too slow. Maharashtra has for some reason utilised only 50% of their allotted vaccines. And another lockdown is on the horizon for them. 

2 days back on the Cowin app the daily planned vaccination capacity was around 6 million and the registrations for that day were just 0.8 million. And this was country wide data. Imagine not even meeting half the daily targets even after having a humongous population like ours. 

All these restrictions need to go and even the private players need to be allowed to come in  another month or so to ensure last mile coverage. 

Edited by trouble_006 - 3 years ago

wow... the entitlement here. God she is so stupid she actually made Alia seem smart.  

Vaccines should be open to everyone as soon as possible of course but to mention actors like a special group, screw that! I don't want you or your daughter. If your daughter took next 10 years off we will be fine. She is not that important to us. Her fanatics will get over it too and move on to new things. We have quality re-runs and old movies to satisfy our entertainment quotient. That's how important your profession is amidst covid. 

Originally posted by Rhimjhimsawan

wow... the entitlement here. God she is so stupid she actually made Alia seem smart.  

Vaccines should be open to everyone as soon as possible of course but to mention actors like a special group, screw that! I don't want you or your daughter. If your daughter took next 10 years off we will be fine. She is not that important to us. Her fanatics will get over it too and move on to new things. We have quality re-runs and old movies to satisfy our entertainment quotient. That's how important your profession is amidst covid. 

The thing is the likes of Alia will survive even better with all the money that they stashed away. Its the daily wagers in the industry like the spot boy, the extras, the small time actors etc who will take the beating if the movie productions stop. We mustn’t forget that the movie/entertainment industry is one of the top industries of the country providing jobs for millions of people!

Edited by cutejodikangal - 3 years ago

Actors ke liye toh zaroori hai hi vaccine. Taaki befikar party kar sakein.

“actor’s risk their lives to create content.”

“Stop watching content na then. It is made with great risk to the concerned actors lives.”. 

Alia Bhatt Ok Sticker

hum toh aise hai bhaiyya, arey hum toh aise hain bhaiyya.....🤣

“Being at the top of ones profession can’t be a disqualification for a vaccine. Jeez.”

there’s no disqualification jeez. its all about priority list. Who should be given first and who’s next based on their job/work and age.

Healthcare Workers, frontline workers, above 50 years age group.....and so on

Originally posted by ninny

Wonder who is using that one and only brain cell that entire Bhatt family shares.. Surely not Soni. 

Are you on Twitter? I hope you ask her that question.😆

On topic: what a selfish and entitled twit! Actors risk their lives? Then don't act. I'm sure there will be lesser known artists quite willing to take your beti's place who do understand the need for the old and infirm, the healthcare workers and essential services to go first.

I thought perhaps her tweet was being misinterpreted. But no! She actually meant for actors to cut the line.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

She belongs to the narcissistic baby boomer generation ( who also gave birth to the selfish millennials) 

And an actor and a Bhutt. She can’t help it...

Ranbir is suffering from Covid19, so this put Sony on high alert as to tweet for safety of actors.

There are many private employers across the world who have chosen to purchase the vaccine from manufacturers to vaccinate their staff. Film producers can buy the vaccine and vaccinate their cast and crew. 

But filmmaking is not an essential business and I see no reason why healthy people should get prioritized in government vaccination schemes. 

I do feel bad for the TV actors of daily soaps, everyone is contracting Covid. Almost everyone from one show on SAB got it. And one 30 something actor even passed away from it.