Being Holmes: Solve the Murder T17 (Awards pg 1)

Posted: 3 years ago

“Watson how many times have I said that you see but do not observe?” asked Sherlock Holmes, interjecting into my thoughts.

Confused I looked up and asked, “What?”

“Well you have been staring at that stick for the past 2 hours and yet have not come up with any theories about the owner of this stick. You are seeing, but not observing,” Sherlock said, standing up and taking the stick in his hand.

“Really Holmes. Then what do you make of it?” I asked, somewhat miffed by his careless attitude. Yet again he had managed to make me feel like an imbecile. Sometimes I wondered why I still stood by him after so much time.

“Hmm…now that you ask, I cannot tell you much about the owner,” Sherlock started.

If I hadn’t been so used to his ways, I would have fallen for his tricks again. But I knew that he was about to astound me again, “Go on Holmes. I know you’ve got a lot to tell me about this owner.”

However, I was doomed not to learn about the owner of this stick, for there was a knock at the door. Sherlock simply shrugged, “maybe another time Watson”, put the stick down, and called out, “Enter.”

A middle-aged woman came in with Mrs. Hudson. The woman was sobbing and Mrs. Hudson was trying to calm her down. Sherlock pointed to the sofa and Mrs. Hudson steered the woman there, “There, there Emma. We’re here now. You tell Sherlock exactly what happened and I’m sure he will help you.” To Sherlock, she asked, pointedly, “Won’t you Sherlock?”

Sherlock usually lacked in the department of emotions and barbs, but somehow, here he caught on, and immediately agreed, “Of course I will Mrs. Hudson. Any friend of yours in need will get help from Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson.”

I should have known then. He usually never mentioned me. But I guess I am an imbecile at times. Nonetheless, Mrs. Hudson managed to get Emma calmed down and then she told her story. I have presented it here word-for-word. Emma said, between sniffles, “My name is Emma Thatcher. My husband, Emil, and I have been married for 10 years now. Emil was a criminal lawyer and I would run the household. For the past few weeks, Emil had been very disturbed. Usually his cases didn’t disturb him so much, but his latest case was causing him many grey hairs. He was also staying up quite late into the night working on it. Or at least that’s what I think he was working on.”

Emma paused to catch her thoughts and Sherlock asked, “What was the case about?”

“I do not know all the details. Just that it was some type of a murder case. I think. Emil wouldn’t tell me much about his cases. I would just catch snippets here and there. Whatever it was, it was disturbing him a lot. He mentioned once or twice that he suspected his client wasn’t telling him the entire truth and that he had indeed committed the murder,” Emma replied.

“How did he die?” Sherlock asked.

Emma responded in a low voice, “The detectives are saying it was suicide.”

“But you think otherwise,” Sherlock prompted.

“My Emil was a good man. He was a happy man. This case had disturbed him, but not enough for him to kill himself. Oh, Mr. Holmes. I am sure that he could not kill himself. Please help me before his case is closed as a suicide,” Emma moaned.

“Why don’t you think it’s a suicide?” Sherlock asked.

“Because Emil would and could never kill himself. The detectives are saying that he shot himself, but Emil didn’t even have a gun! When I told them that, they said he could have bought it without telling me. But Mr. Holmes, Emil was in a jovial mood yesterday. Despite his biggest rival visiting him, despite his client visiting him, despite our fight, he was in a very happy mood,” Emma responded, earnestly.

“You said Emil was a criminal lawyer. What type of cases did he usually fight?”

“Murders mostly. Especially those that came out extra-marital affairs. He said that those were the worst kinds because they involved not only killing a person, but also killing trust and humanity,” Emma responded, in a low voice, wiping tears with her handkerchief.

There was a silence that engulfed the room after that. I expected Sherlock to ask more questions about the case, but instead he asked, “Who is investigating the case?”

“Detective Inspector Lestrade,” Emma replied.

“And has the body been moved? Or any evidence removed yet?” Sherlock asked.

“I don’t think so. When I left 20 minutes ago, everything was still in the room,” Emma responded.

“Ma’am please go back and let Lestrade know that you have hired me on the case. He will know to keep everything as is until I get there,” Sherlock instructed.

“That means you’ll take the case?” Emma asked, happily.

“Of course I will. I said as much earlier,” Sherlock said. Then he turned towards me, effectively dismissing Mrs. Hudson and Emma. Once the two had left, he said, “Watson I cannot leave these rooms.”

“But what about this case?” I demanded.

“I have already solved it,” Sherlock shrugged.

“What? But how? I heard the same details you heard and yet I have no idea who committed the murder,” I demanded. I knew that it was impossible for Sherlock to have already solved the case. He was fibbing.

“Because as usual you have not observed. But I cannot leave these rooms and catch the murderer. You know the case of the vanishing cat has been occupying my time and for that I have to be in these rooms all the time. Until I do not solve the case I cannot leave. You will have to do the groundwork for me. Find the evidence, question the suspects, and catch the murderer. Take that new assistant, whatever their name is. I will be here for consultations if you get stuck, but I cannot leave this room no matter what,” Sherlock said.

“But you accepted this case! Mrs. Thatcher will be expecting you there! And what about Mrs. Hudson?” I exclaimed. I didn’t bother providing Sherlock the new assistant’s name. Not that there was any assistant, it was just a wannabe Holmes that I had mentioned once in passing.

“I will explain the situation to Mrs. Hudson and Mrs. Thatcher will be happy to see you as well. Now go before Lestrade gives up waiting for me,” Sherlock all but pushed me out of the door.

I got out of the cab and turned to Player, “Remember keep your eyes open for any important clues. We have to solve this case together and show Holmes that we are no less than him.”

Lestrade came out of the house and sighed, “Well, well, well. If it isn’t Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson here to prove Scotland Yard idiots.”

“Lestrade you know that’s not what we do. We just help people out,” I objected.

“Yes and make Scotland Yard look like a bunch of fools. Fine. The crime scene is intact inside. You can only look, no touching, and no taking anything away,” Lestrade warned. Then he looked around, “Where’s Holmes?”

“Stuck in a pressing matter. It’ll just be myself and Player. He will help us, but we will have to go back to the rooms to call on his help,” I responded.

“Well good luck then,” Lestrade shrugged.

He stepped away and I made the way to the door, looking at the ground carefully for footprints, just like Sherlock always did. Not seeing any, I stepped into the house, followed by Player, and made my way to the crime scene, Emil’s study (or office).

“Well Player, we have managed to find the clues and Lestrade has got everyone working on getting more information. And we will have to dig into Emil’s life. We need to find out more about Emil and what his past and his life is like. For that we will need to go hunting or digging for information.”

“What are we looking for?” Player asked.

“Information. Whatever we can find about Emil and why someone would want to kill him. We’ll need to go on a treasure hunt of sorts.”

“But what information will we get from the clues?”

“Well think about this way. The gun. We can get a license number from it. From that we can get the owner’s name. The shoe is interesting because it belonged to Emil, but it was found so far away. And just one shoe. Why? Was there something in them? And even if there was something in them why did the murderer remove the shoe? They could have removed whatever they wanted and put the shoe back on. We would never have known."

Player commented, "Well maybe they wanted to make it clear that the shoe had something in it."

"Why would any murderer do that?"

"Umm..."

"Moving on. The desk phone had blood and fingerprints on it. Something useful could come from that. The document was almost burnt. There has to be a reason for that. Examining the document or whatever is left of it can give us a reason. And the book with the blood on it was on the right hand side of the table, when all of the blood spatter was on the left-hand side. It could be the perpetrator’s blood.”

“Oh so now what?”

“Now we go digging. We find what we can find about Emil. Emma told us about Emil’s latest client. Let’s find out more about him. We also have a rival who visited him yesterday. We have a lot to find out. So let’s get cracking.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 3 FACTS END HERE

“Alright so to recap, what have we learnt so far Player?” I asked.

“Umm…can I just share my notes with you. There are too many details to go through,” Player asked.

“Fine,” I sighed.

Player handed me their list and I went through the items one-by-one. Then I said, “Well this will give us 3 possible suspects then.”

“Who are they?” Player asked.

“Emma, Jimmy, and John. They all had something to gain from killing Emil and there is some evidence that supports each of their deaths. Go through the list yourself once,” I pointed out.

The List

1.      The gun belonged to the victim, Emil. According to Emma, Emil kept it in his study’s safe, but he also took it out every Wednesday to clean it. However, she doesn’t know why he took it out today – a Friday.

2.      The shoe had a false bottom. Forensics had found traces of a metal and an outline of a key. The safe was opened with a key and often contained sensitive or confidential information.

3.      The fingerprints on the phone did not belong to Emil.

4.      The document appeared to be information about Emma and her past life, but not a lot could be discerned from the document.

5.      The blood is not Emil’s.

6.      Based on neighbours’ statements, Emma and Emil were getting a divorce. The lawyer fighting the case for Emil said that Emma had cheated on Emil and thus they were demanding that Emma give alimony, not the other way around.

7.      Emil’s latest client, Jimmy, was fighting a case to get a man imprisoned for killing his parents, but according to the other side’s lawyer, the case was bogus and they had evidence that Jimmy had actually killed his own parents. They had also provided this information to Emil who had apparently confronted Jimmy.

8.      John Rockfort and Emil used to be partners at one time, but then Emil broke off the partnership when he caught Rockfort embezzling funds. Rockfort went on to become Emil’s biggest rival and it was possible that he might have killed Emil because Emil took many of the elite class with him as they had liked Emil better.

9.      The blood found on the book belonged to a man.

10.    According to Emil’s family, Emil used to love his secrets and would often hide them in plain sight.

After a few minutes, Player asked, “Okay what do we do from here? Talk to the suspects?”

“Correct. We’ll have to question them and see what we learn from them. They may give us something that can tell us which of them is the murderer.”

“Why would they give themselves up as the murderer? That’s just impossible.”

“Doesn’t hurt to try. At the most we can get one of them to confess. At the least, we can get some more information that can help us narrow in one of them. Holmes didn’t even have all this information and he solved the case. We can solve the case with this information. Though I have my doubts.”

“What doubts?” Player asked.

“This case seems too simple. The evidence is out in plain sight for us. We found 3 suspects too quickly and too easily. Would the killer really be so stupid as to leave the evidence out for us to find? And Emma lied. She said to us that Emil didn't have a gun. And now she's changed her statement. Again while she seems suspect is she really the killer?”

Player and I exchanged glances at a loss of words. But then I shrugged, “Oh well. Let’s go interrogate our suspects.”

“What do you think we should do next Dr. Watson?” Player asked.

“First let’s go over what we learnt from the interrogations. What did you understand from Emma?” I asked.

“Based on the interrogation, Emma was alone at home with Emil and she knew that the key to the safe was in Emil’s shoe. She agreed that she had cheated on Emil and that they were getting divorced and that she would lose access to his money and property. She lied about the gun simply to ensure that Mr. Holmes and you would investigate. She didn’t know anything about any documents about her past, but you are convinced that she was lying.”

“Yes that makes sense to me. What about Jimmy?”

“Jimmy claimed that his parents were killed by his ex-boyfriend because they found out about his true nature and told Jimmy which led Jimmy to break it off with him. He refutes having killed his parents and says that his ex-boyfriend’s lawyer is lying. The only thing they could possibly have is a letter he wrote to his ex in which he was frustrated with his parents. He refuses any knowledge of the blood on the book and says he had nothing to hide so he didn’t need to get into Emil’s safe. You believe him.”

“Alright and what about John?”

“John agrees that he stole some money, but claims that he needed it to pay off a gambling debt. He had planned on returning in with his next cases before Emil learnt of the theft. He visited Emil to discuss a potential case with him and partnering with him on it. He wanted to get back together with Emil and he had been calling Emil on that often and had then also met him. He also accepts that the blood on the book is his. He gets nosebleeds from time to time and while he was in Emil’s office, his nose started bleeding. Emil had cleaned up most of the blood, but there was some blood left on the book. You think he’s lying about something, but also believe him at the same time.”

“So what do you make from that?”

“Well I don’t trust any of them. But we need evidence now to get to the culprit. So how do we get that?”

“I’m at a loss as well. Maybe it’s time to call Holmes.”

But before I could do that, there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to see Lestrade standing there. He said, “I came to get you. Emil’s office was broken into and things have been thrown about. I thought you both might want to see it.”

“We have 3 new clues to help us out now. This key. It wasn’t there before. Where did it come from and why did the robber leave it behind? These legal documents. There has to be something in them. They were thrown about the room. Or did the robber take the important documents with them? Finally, this photo frame. We had removed the original photo and replaced it with a nature photo. Now that photo is missing. There must be something important in the original photo then,” I noted.

“Emil’s family did say he loved secrets and puzzles. Maybe he hid something in the photo and these legal documents. We could try to look for those details,” Player suggested.

“Good point. What do you want to go through?”

“The legal documents. I like legal jargon and searching for hidden messages.”

“Okay. In the meantime, Lestrade is testing that key out in every place in the house. He will find what that key is for and why it was left behind.”

“Unbelievable! All 3 of our suspects are criminals. This key led to evidence that Jimmy is a terrorist. And one of those legal documents and the photo had the messages that Emma is cheating with John and they are planning his death. So case solved! Emma and John are the murderer!” Player exclaimed.

“Not so fast. Watson I told you to call me if you ran into any trouble,” Sherlock said, from the door.

I looked at Sherlock in surprise, “Holmes what are you doing here?”

“Lestrade visited me last night. He told me that you both had decided that Emma and John are the killers but you have no evidence to arrest them. He wanted my help. Given I had solved the case of the vanishing cat, I was more than happy to make myself useful in this case, especially given that you both have arrived at the wrong conclusion,” Sherlock said, in his usual insufferable way.

“But we have the motive. Both were cheating on him! And he knew they wanted to kill him and they did!” Player objected.

“Player you have a lot to learn on observations. Answer me this – if Emil knew that Emma and John wanted to kill him, then why did he meet John the night before? If he knew they wanted to kill him, why didn’t he take measures to protect himself? No Player. Those messages were fake. In fact this entire case is fake. Well maybe not fake. But I told Watson on Day 1 that I knew the killer and I stand by my statement. I know the killer. But I will not give you this case on a platter Player. This is your first case with me. I will give you the name of the killer and motive and you will give me the proof that they are the killer. Agreed?”

“Okay,” Player agreed, hesitatingly.

“The killer is…Emil Thatcher. And he did so because of the motive you gave Player. His wife was cheating on him and he was not going to let her get away with it. He set up the entire scene to frame her and John.”

“WHAT?” Player exclaimed at the same time as I said, “Holmes that’s preposterous.”

“It’s the truth. Aren’t you both suspecting Emma and John? Anyways, go and find me the proof,” Holmes ordered.

Credit:

Tags - Koeli

In Game Pics - 18shabbo

Awards - proteeti

Edited by Minionite - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Radiant_Eyes_

I will accept any evidence that could be used in a court of law to prove that Emil killed himself, so think strong and hard. Also note that I will be asking my friend, who is a lawyer, to review the evidence you provide, so it won't just be my decision on what is acceptable or not.

Note that there is no right or wrong answer and as such I will not be sharing answers at the end. Instead I will share a list of the most common answers provided by all of you

So we have to send evidences that will be acceptable in court of law but also possibly thought by majority of players here smiley3smiley44

No, no. Just send evidence you think would be acceptable in court of law. Like you can't say "Emma hated Emil". That isn't acceptable in a court of law. But Emma having an affair with John would be evidence in favour of her murdering Emil.

I will share the most common answers based on what is submitted. Like if 20 people say Emma having an affair with John is evidence, then I will share that. But if 2 people say the shoe is evidence, then that isn't so common and I won't share that (though people will get points for that).

Note these are just examples.

Originally posted by oye_nakhrewaali

Shreya, can we sen one answer at a time and throw random theroies at you like we did all this while?

You can send answers one at a time, but I will only accept one alternative theory. I will then be posting them to Word and once I have every alternative theory I will go through and rank them. Based on your ranking you will get bonus points. Like if you are in the middle, you'll probably get 100 bonus points and if you're at the end, you'll probably get like 10 or 20 bonus points.

Originally posted by Alexia_Wilson

Wait a minute

Common answers?

Are you implying sheep here?

No, no. Nothing like that. All I'm saying is that there are no right or wrong answers. But I will share answers with everyone based on what people send. I'll just pick and choose the answers that a majority of people sent to share because it means that's something that makes sense.

i wont even get 10, uska stress nahi hai. I was asking about the evidence? Can we send more than 4 asnwers, and one at a time?

Oh about evidence. No you can only send 4. You can send one at at time. I will collect and mark at the end when you submit all 4. This is because I will be asking my friend for assistance and I don't want to keep going back and forth with her.

Originally posted by Savera84

Are there more than 4 pieces of evidence or only 4 pieces of evidence available to prove Emil killed himself?

Cheers...

There's multiple pieces of evidence and inferences, which is why I chose 4. I tried to put in at least 8 or 9 strong pieces of evidence in the case to lead to this conclusion. Remember - Holmes solved it with just the bare minimum facts. smiley2

the popularity of the evidence doesnt matter otherwise right? only that you will share it?

Correct. When I said I will share common answers, that is after the fact. It's just so that everyone has some idea of what was accepted and what wasn't.

Originally posted by Alexia_Wilson

Okay I am kinda confused right now

If I get a piece of evidence which is actually something which can prove the fact Emil suicided and in the court of law

But its not popular so do I get full points or not?

You do, you absolutely do. No one will get points because an answer is popular. The popularity is for after the fact to give examples of what was accepted. That's it.

To everyone, please don't worry about the popularity of an answer. You get marked based on what you submit. Once I get everyone's submissions, I will just choose a sample of answers to share with everyone.

Originally posted by SoniRSippu21

Can we send more than 4 evidence and you can choose which seems correct as per law

No only 4 will be allowed. I will stop reading after 4.

Originally posted by tournesol

I am a little confused about this, please explain a bit more. smiley6

I'm allowing Alexia to send me an inference and I'll let her know if she can do that. If anyone else wants to do that, they can. Basically letting you know if that inference can be drawn or not and if it'll be allowed or not.

divider ke oopar ka+ divider ka baad applies to prove emil the murdered. 

divider ka oopar ka hissa applies only to come up a theory that says that Emil isnt the murderer.

Correct. This is exactly the right concept.

Originally posted by Daphnes

Do we have to send inference with evidence?

Also please give me example of it.

No just send your evidence. If I need more details I'll reach out.

Let's take this as an example. A man gets on the subway. You see red spots on his shirt. And later you see a gun hidden away. A reasonable assumption could be that he killed someone or an animal. If you saw only the red spots you would think that it was a design. Or if you saw only the gun you could reasonably assume that it was just for protection.

Originally posted by Minionite

From Proteeti on awards. Given her response, I will announce nominations on Wednesday my evening (EST evening) and awards hopefully on Friday. Then results will come on Sundays (depending on when she gets me the siggies).

Originally posted by Radiant_Eyes_

We have to give reasons for alternate murderer we chose right ? 

Just murderer and motive is enough. And it doesn't have to be a murderer. You can make it anything.

“Unbelievable! All 3 of our suspects are criminals. This key led to evidence that Jimmy is a terrorist. And one of those legal documents and the photo had the messages that Emma is cheating with John and they are planning his death. So case solved! Emma and John are the murderer!” Player exclaimed.

“Not so fast. Watson I told you to call me if you ran into any trouble,” Sherlock said, from the door.

I looked at Sherlock in surprise, “Holmes what are you doing here?”

“Lestrade visited me last night. He told me that you both had decided that Emma and John are the killers but you have no evidence to arrest them. He wanted my help. Given I had solved the case of the vanishing cat, I was more than happy to make myself useful in this case, especially given that you both have arrived at the wrong conclusion,” Sherlock said, in his usual insufferable way.

“But we have the motive. Both were cheating on him! And he knew they wanted to kill him and they did!” Player objected.

“Player you have a lot to learn on observations. Answer me this – if Emil knew that Emma and John wanted to kill him, then why did he meet John the night before? If he knew they wanted to kill him, why didn’t he take measures to protect himself? No Player. Those messages were fake. In fact this entire case is fake. Well maybe not fake. But I told Watson on Day 1 that I knew the killer and I stand by my statement. I know the killer. But I will not give you this case on a platter Player. This is your first case with me. I will give you the name of the killer and motive and you will give me the proof that they are the killer. Agreed?”

“Okay,” Player agreed, hesitatingly.

“The killer is…Emil Thatcher. And he did so because of the motive you gave Player. His wife was cheating on him and he was not going to let her get away with it. He set up the entire scene to frame her and John.”

“WHAT?” Player exclaimed at the same time as I said, “Holmes that’s preposterous.”

“It’s the truth. Aren’t you both suspecting Emma and John? Anyways, go and find me the proof,” Holmes ordered.

That’s right. Emil killed himself. He committed suicide. And your job is to find 4 pieces of evidence that prove that. Read through all the evidence and the story again (the complete story is on page 1). The evidence is not obvious. It will require inferences. And you will need to think hard. But the points’ stake is high as well. For each correct piece of evidence you will get 20 points. And if you get all 4 pieces correct, you will get a bonus 20 points. I will accept any evidence that could be used in a court of law to prove that Emil killed himself, so think strong and hard. Also note that I will be asking my friend, who is a lawyer, to review the evidence you provide, so it won't just be my decision on what is acceptable or not.

However, given that this round is potentially hard, you will get one lifeline. You are welcome to use 20 points to send only 3 pieces of evidence. However, this means forfeiting the 20 bonus points as well. What this means is that instead of getting 100 points, you will only get 40 points: 60 points for 3 right answers less 20 points for sending only 3 answers.

Note that there is no right or wrong answer and as such I will not be sharing answers at the end. Instead I will share a list of the most common answers provided by all of you.

Additionally, for up to 200 bonus points, give me an alternative that is out of the box but would apply given all the case facts from Rounds 1 to Rounds 3 (as in ignore the story from that point onwards - on page 1 this is until the end of the second blue part of the story). An alternative to who the murderer could be. I will give you bonus points based on how out of the box I think your alternative is as compared to all others. That’s why you won’t know how many bonus points you get until I reveal the results. Additionally all the alternatives will be posted (without names) for people to read through them and see what ideas others came up with.

The deadline for both these parts is Mar 20th, 11:59 PM IST.

Tags - Koeli

In Game Pics - 18shabbo

Firstly a big thanks to Pro (Proteeti) for the awards. As the finale draws closer, it is time for the awards! We had 8 Sherlock related awards and many nominations for each! I will share nominations (in no particular award) along with the winner.

The first award on the list is the Diagones Club Award. For those that are unaware, the Diagones Club was a gentleman's club where Mycroft Holmes (Sherlock's older brother) could often be found. The only rule was that there was to be no talking in the club except in the Stranger's Room. Thus, it is only fitting that this award be given to the most silent player in the game. Now there were many nominations for this award. The nominations were as follows: PrashT, ZestyZeniaZetas, BigBossKaBoss, hbkrocks, Savera84, veil_of_roses, _NINA_, anonymouse1, Armu4eva, ssttuutti, Life_Is_Dutiful, WildestDreams, Daphnes, Devakshilover, .shivi396, tournesol, its-alexandrite, ShiriFictionPen, hasini009, Beautyful_Mess, and MsChanadlerBong.

And the winner of this silent award is WildestDreams!

The next award is the Mr. Barker Award for the most chattiest player/member. Mr. Barker was a wannabe detective in the Sherlock world and a rather chatty person. As such it was only fitting that non-players get nominated for this award as well. And the nominations in this case are: dusk2dawn, Alexia_Wilson, Ariyatogether, oye_nakhrewaali, SoniRSippu21, _NINA_, Potterhead_05, and Radiant_Eyes_.

And the winner of this award is oye_nakhrewaali!

The third award is the Inspector Greg Lestrade Award. Lestrade is a resilient and strong detective and possibly the closest to Sherlock after Dr. Watson. This award was also for players and non-players alike and we had several nominations for this award as well: Beautyful_Mess, BlurredLines, WildestDreams, Unique.Sheep, Radiant_Eyes_, EmeraldPrincess, ShiriFictionPen, TeluguChokri, TheGladiator, Pranushka_723, Armu4eva, dusk2dawn, _NINA_, ZestyZeniaZetas, and SoniRSippu21.

And the winner here is Beautyful_Mess!

After Lestrade, we have another Scotland Yard detective: Inspector Tobias Gregson Award. Gregson has often featured in stories by other authors, not just Doyle, and in many of them he has been portrayed as a smart detective that Sherlock held in high regard. Hence this award is being given to the smartest player that everyone listened to. We had several nominations for this award: Zeal17, Alexia_Wilson, dusk2dawn, Beautyful_Mess, hasini009, _NINA_, ZestyZeniaZetas, stormborn, BlurredLines, WildestDreams, and Ariyatogether.

And the winner is Zeal17!

Irene Adler, or "The Woman" as she was known to Sherlock, was the only woman ever to impress Sherlock to the point that he kept a photo of her and only referred to her as The Woman when talking about her. Hence, it is only fitting that this award go to the player who impressed everyone. We had several nominations for this award: hasini009, stormborn, oye_nakhrewaali, WildestDreams, SoniRSippu21, BlurredLines, Radiant_Eyes_, ShiriFictionPen, Beautyful_Mess, _NINA_, Alexia_Wilson, Devakshilover, veil_of_roses, dusk2dawn, and Armu4eva.

And our winner is hasini009!

If you know anything about the Sherlock world, then Professor Jim Moriarty is possibly one of them. Sherlock's arch-nemesis, Moriarty was every bit as clever as Sherlock and used his smarts for the wrong side of the law. Reichenbach Falls was the place where Moriarty met his end, though many other authors, sometimes bring Moriarty back from the dead similar to Sherlock. The Moriarty Award goes to the most shanna player. Shanna means someone who is clever, shrewd, or a "wise guy/gal". Apparently many of you are shanna people because the nomination list here was also very long: Zeal17, stormborn, hasini009, oye_nakhrewaali, WildestDreams, Radiant_Eyes_, tournesol, BlurredLines, dusk2dawn, _NINA_, SoniRSippu21, ZestyZeniaZetas, anonymouse1, and Alexia_Wilson.

And the winner here is Zeal17!

Our second last award is the Dr. John Watson Award for the most loyal player. Dr. Watson was Sherlock's closest friend, ally, and supporter, often to a fault. As such, it was only fitting that this award go to a member who was supportive and players were asked to nominate people who supported them unconditionally. We had several nominations here which speaks to great lengths about the amazing people here: BlurredLines, dusk2dawn, Alexia_Wilson, SoniRSippu21, _NINA_, Zeal17, Ariyatogether, ShiriFictionPen, Radiant_Eyes_, Beautyful_Mess, anonymouse1, linakusharberry, and oye_nakhrewaali.

And we had a tie here, so the winners are SoniRSippu21 and _NINA_!

Finally, we have the Sherlock Holmes Award for the smartest detective. This I chose and I chose 3 players (because it was so hard to choose just one). I chose them based on how well they solved the murder, their discussions in the thread (and how well they misled people), their PMs to me in terms of answers, and how well they understood the overall game and helped others along. Given these criteria, the winners of the Sherlock Holmes Award are Radiant_Eyes_, BlurredLines, and hasini009!

Congratulations to all the winners!!!

Me first this time😎

Edited by Ariyatogether - 3 years ago

Congrats and thanks for the new thread🥳

Thank you Shreya for the awards and thank you Pro for amazing siggies

Thank you to those who nominated me, u all rock🤗 and congrats everyone who won awards. 

Edited by SoniRSippu21 - 3 years ago

Radiant Holmes in the house 😈😎

Edited by Radiant_Eyes_ - 3 years ago

i thought i would make it to page 1 this time😆