Hafte Ki Taazaa Theme: Magic

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Firstly, I would like to thank each and every one who sent in their submissions for the first Hafte Ki Taaza Theme! Each piece was highly unique and you all had your own spin on the prompts that were delivered. Truly, we have some highly creative individuals in our midst here!

A special shout out goes out to Tiaraa for penning down an interesting conversation between a Monk and a woman sitting in traffic. To know more about what exactly transpired between the two, check out her piece that's featured below!

As for this week's theme, you all should ready your wands for things are about to get magical!

For Instant notification you can follow

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/1323

That's right!

This week's theme is MAGIC.

The prompts are as follows:

Day One: Discovering Magic

Day Two: Elemental

Day Three: Wands

Day Four: Sorcerers

Day Five: Magic Shows

Day Six: Illusions

Day Seven: Fantasy

Like last time, the FFEs and Beta Readers will be here to provide you with feedback. The maximum word count is 750 words. Send in your entries to IFBetaReaders with the title HKT2: Magic by March 22nd 2021, 11:59 P.M. EST.

Also to note, using the prompts isn't compulsory. If you don't like a particular prompt for the day, you are free to write up any piece that is still related to the theme. :)

The best piece of the week shall get published in the next weekly edition of 

HAFTE KI TAAZAA THEME

Until next week,

Ciao!

Credits:

Write Up: asmaanixx and Mannmohanaa

Graphics Credit: MsChanadlerBong

Permission: Koeli

Edited by Koeli - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

The Monk and Me!

By: Tiaraa

“What is your name?” I turned around to see a very old man clad in white and orange sheet staring straight at me.

“Month-end is going on, I have no Money sir.” I replied carefully choosing the words, trying my best to not offend him.

“It’s okay child.” He smiled turning his gaze to the other car behind mine. I smirked knowing I spotted a fake monk.

I waited for the signal to turn green and also for this man to disappear out of my car’s window. He looked everywhere for a while before he looked inside my car.

“That’s a beautiful flower.” I almost scoffed at his eyesight. This flower was gifted to me last week by my ex-boyfriend. The mere thought of him brought tears to my eyes and I blinked several times to push it away.

I immediately picked up the flower and gave it to him. It would serve me two things: one, I would finally be able to get rid of it for good, and two, this man would hopefully leave me alone.

“You shouldn’t give away your gifts to others.”

“It’s okay. This flower is dead anyway.” 

The old man looked at me for a brief second before admiring the almost black turned petals.

“What are you planning to do with it?”

“I will cherish it, as long as it has life left.” He caressed the mess with the tip of his finger. Suddenly my judgment changed from him being a fake monk to him being a mad man. Now, I desperately wanted to run away from this spot. 

“You don’t like flowers?”

“Nope, they die easily.” I replied as matter of fact.

“So do humans, but we don’t stop loving each other. Why be biased with this poor creature?”

I glanced at him once and then at the signal. Thanks to the traffic ahead, I had a long way to go before the signal turned green for me.

“I can't believe you just compared us with the life of a flower.” I scoffed. “So tell me, once it dies what you are planning to do with it? Hpld a funeral and bury it?” I asked amused.

“Of course, I would do the same. I will bring all its friends and bury it in their presence. What we cherish, we need to respect it even after it becomes lifeless. Am I right?”

This man was very smooth with words, I thought.

“So you will bury it in a Christian graveyard or a Muslim graveyard?”

“Death doesn’t have a religion. It is people who are alive who see dead people as a part of their religion.”

His single statement piqued my interest and I leaned his way, “Why?”

“Out of all creatures God made, humans have always stood out for their greed. They value things as long as it is alive and interests them. Once they cannot do anything that they want, they become useless and the process continues for the next one.”

“Interesting.” I smiled, knowing what he said was a fact.

“Where are you going to bury it?”

“In my house.” He replied

“Why?”

“Why?” He laughed. “Dead things don't complain. That’s the beauty of it. They are ready to leave behind everything they ever had. Their essence, their memories, their names and their ashes.”

His words were spreading warmth in my cold heart. I suddenly felt like talking to him more.

“So what will happen to it after being buried? It will disappear forever.” I replied sadly, thinking about all the dearest people in my life whom I lost to death.

“They will be reborn. Universe is merciful no matter how much you axe it. It will find a way to create a new soul each time.”

“What happens to the people left behind?”

“They go in search of life and soon attain the character of a sunflower.”

The loud honks behind me informed me of the signal turning green. I quickly looked around for my purse and took some money out to give to him but he refused to take any. Upon asking why, he said something which would always stay in my memory.

“Be like a flower. Spread happiness, fragrance, love, emotions and solace around to those who come in contact with you. So when you die, you could become a star for them and they become a sunflower for others.”

With that, I drove off, shedding the old me behind, and celebrating the beautiful blessing called life.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Congrats Tia🥳

Cant wait to read your magical write-ups, folks!

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 3 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

For people wondering,

March 22nd 2021 11:59 P.M. EST.= March 23 2021 9:29 am IST

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 3 years ago
BlurredLines thumbnail

Congratulations Tiara 🥳. And It was such a lovely write up ❤️

Ayushi_78 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Congrats Tia🥳

Amazing piece.👏

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Congratulations, Tia! 🥳

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail

Congratulations Tia 💞🥳

MochaQueen thumbnail

Congrats Tiaraa. That was very well deserved. You write so well!

I hope to read more of your creativity

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Edit

Edited by beingaditij - 3 years ago