Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

^ same here! The pattern of eliminating all the girls in II has me put off from that show. But I’ll still tune in because of my parents who insist on watching it.

My dadi and I however are enjoying IPML more. And each episode is getting better and better. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

Heck, I didn't even recognize many of singers that were introduced last week. I've only heard their names here and there on a couple songs or music videos.

I didn't think about the westernized approach of most singers until you mentioned it. I don't disagree, but it didn't seem as much a big problem to me. But even then, I enjoy more 'Indian' performances on an Indian music show. Same goes with the singers sticking to their own songs. I would love to see them try other things, but then Mika ends up singing romantic songs or Ankit sings upbeat numbers and I enjoy neither. So it's better they stick to their expertise. But if good singers like Shaan, Ankush, Akriti stepped out of the box and tried something new, then I'd love to watch it (like when Shaan and Akriti sang Mere saamne waali khidki mein, or Ankush sang Ramta Jogi). 

Zee is actually spending so much money with the participants, then the celeb owners (actor obviously harge more than music veterans) and then the team sponsors, RJs...if they want returns they have to cut down somewhere.

I think u and I listen to all types of songs so it isn't a problem. But the others, like my parents for example cannot relate to the Westernised performances. Sure they will watch Javed Ali and Ankush's performance with me but the rest has no relatability factor. Thats where Indian Idol scores, most of the contestants sing desi music style so one SMP ke liye if we change the channel it doesn't affect the TRP. On the other hand switching staying on IMPL for only 1-2 performances will affect its TRP performance.

@Bold: instead of going for singers from that particular state, why didn't they go for all singers who would suit? Punjabi music isn't about vodka-daaru-cars only (what these Honey Singhs and Badshahs have made it 🤢), it has sufi as well. Take Hans Raj Hans, Daler Mehndi. Now that's who I call singers. Imagine the competition level and the pull factor for the older demographic 😉