Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

Same, Mumbai getting so many points was totally unexpected. They didn't even do anything extraordinary during the league match. Most of their songs were their own (like Kailash's Teri Deewani and Arziyan) and their duets were outshined by Gujarat IMO. Even the super match, the only memorable performances for me were Shaan (Dastaan e Om Shanti Om) and Neha (Dhunki). I can't even recall any other performances.

Maybe regional loyalty is outweighing singing quality? But Gujarat has a huge voter base too. Maybe Javed and Bhoomi's critique of Mumbai cost Gujarat. But how UP won over Bengal is still a mystery. 

I honestly didn't recognize any of the fourth members. I might have heard a couple names here and there, but I have never seen them.

I checked the insta of the girl who's in Delhi, she's some Shrivastava and was in SRGMP...basically she is also another reality star so all of them are reality show singers only, but not A Listers like Salman and Ankush.

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

I checked the insta of the girl who's in Delhi, she's some Shrivastava and was in SRGMP...basically she is also another reality star so all of them are reality show singers only, but not A Listers like Salman and Ankush.

Yes She is Priyanshi. She participated in L'il Champs and Voice Kids. Her elder Sister Prateeksha was there in L'il Champs 2009. They are from Sitapur, UP, my neighbor city.

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ankush is a A Lister? đź¤”

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: smallwonder

Ankush is a A Lister? đź¤”

That entire season of Indian Idol (10) created A Lister reality show singers. Its been three years but people still remember them all.

A Lister does not necessarily mean Bollywood in this context.

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I finally got around to watching the 14th March episode -- the league match between Gujarat and Bengal.

Oh. My. God. This show just keeps getting better and better. On point song selection, amazing performances, and great guests (Javed's, Shaan's, and Akriti's spouses).

Seriously, the performances were ek se badhke ek. Shaan, Mismi, Javed, Hemant, Bhoomi, Akriti, and even the new additions (Nikita Gandhi and Aditi Singh Sharma) were really outstanding! 

I seriously cannot decide who was better. Both are my favorite teams (along with Delhi), so I'm at a loss of words tbh.

Do not miss this episode if you can help it! 

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Javed was simply outstanding! Kun Faya Kun - what a rendition... 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

I finally got around to watching the 14th March episode -- the league match between Gujarat and Bengal.

Oh. My. God. This show just keeps getting better and better. On point song selection, amazing performances, and great guests (Javed's, Shaan's, and Akriti's spouses).

Seriously, the performances were ek se badhke ek. Shaan, Mismi, Javed, Hemant, Bhoomi, Akriti, and even the new additions (Nikita Gandhi and Aditi Singh Sharma) were really outstanding! 

I seriously cannot decide who was better. Both are my favorite teams (along with Delhi), so I'm at a loss of words tbh.

Do not miss this episode if you can help it! 

I feel the only problem this show has is that most of their singers are performing more Westernised numbers, which ends up losing connect with the audience. And they are sticking to their own songs but the truth is that the show would do much better if they wouldn't do so.

Also they are going on adding newer singers in each team, the cost goes higher and higher and the focus deviates...I still remember the names of the original trio of each group, not the new add ons...its unnecessary wild card entry.

Then the biggest problem is that some of the team members are not great singers at all...like Asees, Sajid Khan, Shilpa, Ankit etc...in fact Delhi was solely having Ankush as their main performer until Priyanshi came on board...I say this because as much as I like Neha, she is more Westernised in her outlook and in India you gotta have a balance for both. And Sajid has not been the captain I expected him to be, he is lucky his team is tagda.

Aditi_X thumbnail

I feel the only problem this show has is that most of their singers are performing more Westernised numbers, which ends up losing connect with the audience. And they are sticking to their own songs but the truth is that the show would do much better if they wouldn't do so.

Also they are going on adding newer singers in each team, the cost goes higher and higher and the focus deviates...I still remember the names of the original trio of each group, not the new add ons...its unnecessary wild card entry.

Then the biggest problem is that some of the team members are not great singers at all...like Asees, Sajid Khan, Shilpa, Ankit etc...in fact Delhi was solely having Ankush as their main performer until Priyanshi came on board...I say this because as much as I like Neha, she is more Westernised in her outlook and in India you gotta have a balance for both. And Sajid has not been the captain I expected him to be, he is lucky his team is tagda.

You're not wrong here. I definitely agree with two of your statements:

1) Unnecessarily adding more "all-rounders" to the teams

2) Sajid not being the captain that he should be

I was thinking about these two points for a long time now. Heck, I didn't even recognize many of singers that were introduced last week. I've only heard their names here and there on a couple songs or music videos.

I didn't think about the westernized approach of most singers until you mentioned it. I don't disagree, but it didn't seem as much a big problem to me. But even then, I enjoy more 'Indian' performances on an Indian music show. Same goes with the singers sticking to their own songs. I would love to see them try other things, but then Mika ends up singing romantic songs or Ankit sings upbeat numbers and I enjoy neither. So it's better they stick to their expertise. But if good singers like Shaan, Ankush, Akriti stepped out of the box and tried something new, then I'd love to watch it (like when Shaan and Akriti sang Mere saamne waali khidki mein, or Ankush sang Ramta Jogi). 

Also, I think some of the newer members are more pleasant to listen to over some of the experienced singers. My personal favorite is Mismi from Bengal. 

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Just got done with the March 14th episode. Both Bengal and Gujarat are my fave teams so this was already my favorite episode of the show. All of the performances were incredible, special shout out to Javed’s Kun Faya Kun, I had goosebumps (another one of my FAVE songs by Rehman) what a masterpiece. Just incredible.

I’m disappointed that the show doesn’t get much buzz and TRPs like Indian Idol does, when truthfully I’ve been enjoying this show and the performances much more than Indian Idol lately. I hope the TRPs pick up 

Edited by Tani91 - 3 years ago
Aditi_X thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tani91

I’m disappointed that the show doesn’t get much buzz and TRPs like Indian Idol does, when truthfully I’ve been enjoying this show and the performances much more than Indian Idol lately. I hope the TRPs pick up 

I wish IPML would get more recognition too. Being promoted by so many celebrities, you'd think it would pick up, but I guess Indian Idol is tough competition to beat. Even I don't understand how people watch Indian Idol with all the drama and gimmicks they are resorting to but it's still at the highest TRP so I guess it works. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I've pretty much given up on Indian Idol after Sireesha got eliminated. IPML is much more enjoyable for me as well.