Indian Pro Music League

13 & 14 March Episode Discussion

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Congratulations to Delhi, UP, and Mumbai for winning the league matches!

Congratulations to Mumbai, UP, and Gujarat for highest votes in the super match!

I cannot believe that Bengal is in the bottom of the leaderboard with marvelous singers like Shaan and Akriti Kakkar. Also find it hard to digest that UP won over Bengal in the league match. Maybe regional allegiance played a bigger role than actual singing?

Today's super match was very interesting. Loved the throwback to earlier decades. But the song selection could have been so much better for each decade. Like for the 90s decade, Delhi chooses Lal Dupatte wali instead of songs from Aashiqui? Even last league match, their song selection during Sajid and Ankush's performance was horrible. Gujarat too could have chosen much better songs from the 70s. Same goes with Punjab and UP with the 2000s and 2010s decades. Only Bengal and Mumbai had good songs IMO. 

The last spotlight round was much better in terms of choosing songs - Raat Akeli Hai, Hai Agar Dushman Dushman, Jiya Dhadak Dhadak Jaaye.

Side note: Doesn't Ankush's performing style look like Udit Narayan's? Have you seen how much he moves his hand when he sings solo? I'm not complaining or anything, just an observation.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I screamed when Delhi won the league round 😆

The only part that had me confused was the super match points...who else in Mumbai has fans other than Kailash Kher? Makes no sense.

When Team Roohi came for promo, I was hoping they wouldn't make them the centre stage of the show and luckily they did not. I am no fan of actors taking up all the screen space in reality shows at all.

Everyone did well in the Super League round even though I must say Delhi always seems to mess up the song selection or the sequence. Saath Samunder was obviously done well (Neha is such a rockstar!) but instead of Lal Dupatte Wali they could've gone for other songs. Bappi Da was the Disco King, not the 90s King! And there was no need to add that mirchi wala rap, they could've simply done the song. Said Wajid did the same mistake in Times of Music...it kinda ruins the essence of the song because people don't know what you are singing, you know when you change the lyrics.

Although I must say that Anand-Milind are one of my favourite composers of all times and I love Ankush so hearing him sing their song sent me into major fangirl frenzy 😆

Btw what did u think of the new participants? The fourth members in their team?

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: Aditi_MM

Today's super match was very interesting. Loved the throwback to earlier decades. But the song selection could have been so much better for each decade. Like for the 90s decade, Delhi chooses Lal Dupatte wali instead of songs from Aashiqui? Even last league match, their song selection during Sajid and Ankush's performance was horrible. Gujarat too could have chosen much better songs from the 70s. Same goes with Punjab and UP with the 2000s and 2010s decades. Only Bengal and Mumbai had good songs IMO. 

Side note: Doesn't Ankush's performing style look like Udit Narayan's? Have you seen how much he moves his hand when he sings solo? I'm not complaining or anything, just an observation.

The 90s, even though was a turning point overall, actually defined the dance genre completely. If you've noticed even today the dance songs follow the same rhythm and style as the Govinda dance numbers like First Class, Gandi Baat, the entire album of Rowdy Rathore etc. So I get why they chose to do dance numbers.

My only complaint is there were better songs than Lal Dupatte Wali. Imo they did a Viju Shah and Anand-Milind song, they could've chosen another song from the two. These two composers basically gave us the best 90s dance numbers.

Delhi really needs to be aware of this and change their song selection style or else it will cost the team 

I didn't see the similarity between Ankush and Udit ji's styles 😆 Yeah he was wearing purple and Udit seems to wear that colour a lot, that was the only similarity 😆 His hand movement depends on the song he's doing, if its a calmer song he can be free but if its a song like Ramta Jogi he can't.

Other than that, is it just me or do a few of the other girls seem to have the hots for him? 🤣

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I can’t wait to watch the episode. Since I watch Indian Idol, I watch IPML during the week. But seriously this show is much better, it’s pure singing, no drama.

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Honestly shocked to see Bengal on the bottom! I thought they had the best performances along with Gujarat. Also I’m super biased towards disliking Salman and so I’m just primed to dislike that UP team (although his performance was quite good but I have horror flashbacks from his season of Indian idol) 

Aditi_X thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Tani91

Honestly shocked to see Bengal on the bottom! I thought they had the best performances along with Gujarat. Also I’m super biased towards disliking Salman and so I’m just primed to dislike that UP team (although his performance was quite good but I have horror flashbacks from his season of Indian idol) 

I thought the same!! Gujarat and Bengal were the best in the first innings!! 

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: Aditi_MM

I thought the same!! Gujarat and Bengal were the best in the first innings!! 

and with captains like Shaan and Aakriti, it’s shocking that they got more votes than Ankit and Payal (who I have no clue who she is) unless they’re just rigging this thing just like Indian Idol does 

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Well, I think Shaan gives an impression of always being scared or nervous. He never looks confident. I personally love his singing, but I think as for the show, he needs to act like a captain. I find Sajid also very weak as a captain. But his team more than makes up for it.

The song selection of Mumbai was perfect and they did a swell job 👏 Shilpa's ye nayan and kailash's mere sajan were such a treat. 90s was an era overflowing with such melodious music and I agree, the choice was a disaster.

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Tani91

😆 well quite same here, but after watching him in ipml, my dislike has decreased a tad bit. He actually sang well in his solo performance - am forgetting the song. For a change was not overloaded with unnecessary alaaps.

Aditi_X thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

The only part that had me confused was the super match points...who else in Mumbai has fans other than Kailash Kher? Makes no sense.

Btw what did u think of the new participants? The fourth members in their team?

Same, Mumbai getting so many points was totally unexpected. They didn't even do anything extraordinary during the league match. Most of their songs were their own (like Kailash's Teri Deewani and Arziyan) and their duets were outshined by Gujarat IMO. Even the super match, the only memorable performances for me were Shaan (Dastaan e Om Shanti Om) and Neha (Dhunki). I can't even recall any other performances.

Maybe regional loyalty is outweighing singing quality? But Gujarat has a huge voter base too. Maybe Javed and Bhoomi's critique of Mumbai cost Gujarat. But how UP won over Bengal is still a mystery. 

I honestly didn't recognize any of the fourth members. I might have heard a couple names here and there, but I have never seen them.

Edited by Aditi_MM - 3 years ago