Is racism against South Asians downplayed?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

The champion of anti-racism has been notorious for using racist language against the South Asians. Asian people in the UK and America are attacked on daily basis because of the “COVID”. No one hates an eye. Harry is given a clean chit just because he married a biracial woman. I wonder if he’d been given the clean chit if he’d said the n word

I posted it here in connection to Harry and Meghan interview where they were saying the Royal family is racist

Originally posted by InspectorShirke

The champion of anti-racism has been notorious for using racist language against the South Asians. Asian people in the UK and America are attacked on daily basis because of the “COVID”. No one hates an eye. Harry is given a clean chit just because he married a biracial woman. I wonder if he’d been given the clean chit if he’d said the n word

I posted it here in connection to Harry and Meghan interview where they were saying the Royal family is racist

Who is the champion of anti-racism?

I don't really know anymore. Some orgs and school districts in the U.S. no longer consider Asians people of color😆. I certainly seem brown in the mirror.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Is he though? He was part of the monarchy setup for the longest time and never heard him championing any anti-racism cause in public - ofcourse I havent followed him or the Crown very closely to know everything about them. 

Does marrying a person of color automatically make you a champion of anti-racism? 

It is that classic faulty explanation to prove one's anti-racism - I am not a racist. I have many colored friends. But a person treating their colored friends well is of no use if your overall attitude is racist

Originally posted by CrimeMasterToto

Is he though? He was part of the monarchy setup for the longest time and never heard him championing any anti-racism cause in public - ofcourse I havent followed him or the Crown very closely to know everything about them. 

Does marrying a person of color automatically make you a champion of anti-racism? 

It is that classic faulty explanation to prove one's anti-racism - I am not a racist. I have many colored friends. But a person treating their colored friends well is of no use if your overall attitude is racist

that’s what my point is. How can you give clean chit to Harry when he has been racist in the past and used the P word. And another excuse that it was 12 years ago and he changed. If that’s the standard, keep it for everyone not just for people you like 

Originally posted by InspectorShirke

that’s what my point is. How can you give clean chit to Harry when he has been racist in the past and used the P word. And another excuse that it was 12 years ago and he changed. If that’s the standard, keep it for everyone not just for people you like 

Fair point and I quite agree

On a more positive side, People do change though and should be allowed to atone and convert into better human beings. But its hard to trust that someone who was conditioned with systemic racism as a kid, would suddenly turn a new leaf so drastically. 

Originally posted by CrimeMasterToto

Fair point and I quite agree

On a more positive side, People do change though and should be allowed to atone and convert into better human beings. But its hard to trust that someone who was conditioned with systemic racism as a kid, would suddenly turn a new leaf so drastically. 

Then keep the same standard for everyone. You see the snowflakes digging out receipts from 50 years ago for the person who they don’t like