Shakhi OS ||Between the Pages||

Posted: 3 years ago

Anokhi knocked at his cabin again. Her eyes again darting to the clock on the wall before she sighed and looked away. She was again late for home. These days Vineet would often question her and taunt her about getting late. Initially, she let it go but now it was too getting too much for her to not revert back.

But her exams were starting after the weekend and she wanted to discuss some important topics with Shaurya as it was already Friday.

Her eyes again travelled across the empty corridors to meet the sight of the peon at the end. Bansi was busy with his phone. Anokhi huffed. What was taking him so long? After all, the meeting was already over half an hour back.  

Her patience was giving up. Without caring of another yelling that might come her way, she knocked again, this time slightly peeking in and opening the door.

Much to her surprise, she saw Shaurya standing and watching outside the window as it rained. Soon another thunder broke making her gasp and grabbing his attention.

“Ms. Bhalla?” He wasn’t surprised to see her yet his questioning gaze lingered over her for moments.

“I wanted to ask about certain topics, if you could please—” Blinking away, Anokhi requested him slowly trying to gulp away the anger which built inside her seeing him free.

“Of course. Why didn’t you come before? I was free” Shaurya eyed her to enter and sit.

“You were free?” Although her eyes stayed blank, she couldn’t help her mocking tone that slipped away.

Passing her a nod Shaurya sat on his chair completely aware of her building anger. The girl didn’t have much patience, he knew. He had heard those knocks. It was her, he had known. But it was time he finally started treating her like he treated other students.

Anokhi gripped the hem of her kurta crushing it under her hold as she took a seat. She wanted to lash out— again. Why was he doing what was he doing these days? But then no question would seem to frame her emotions appropriately.

“Question Miss Bhalla ?” Shaurya watched her lost.

Blinking away, she ducked immediately taking out a book from her bag.

“Looks like you haven’t studied much?” Shaurya exclaimed looking at the neat white pages she turned to search the topic.

“I like to keep my books clean sir” Anokhi didn’t look up as she unfolded a crumpled corner of a page.

Shaurya leaned back on his chair as he watched her taking a list from between the pages to read out the topics she wanted him to exclaim. As she surfed through the pages he took his own time swallowing the vulnerability he felt within. Anokhi had been different to him. She had been too blunt for a student and didn’t really know where to draw the line. She has even overstepped her boundaries with him a lot of times but then he could never understand how her brash opinions have always affected him. How she always managed to anger him along with throwing a soft caress of calm that often touched his heart.

“This, Sir” Turning the book to him, she pointed at one of the analysis she couldn’t understand.

Shaurya took the book from her, his fingers slightly touching the tip of her skin before he pulled back leaning on to his chair.

Anokhi felt her skin burning with his touch. She watched as he studied the analysis ignoring the way her skin had felt. Maybe she was the only one fighting this battle. She wasn’t unaware of how she had started seeing him as more than her professor. As this year had passed, she had gotten used to his scolding and had started seeing things from his perspective.

But then still, their approaches never matched and they often ended up arguing. Anokhi was aware of the hatred he felt for her. But what had forced her to lower her guards were her own emotions that no more seem to be under her control. Yet, she would mask the hurt often.

These days they even came across each other very less. Their conversations were limited to the class and Anokhi would often find herself zoning out while he taught. Was he that unaware? She would often ask herself. And the next moment would end up telling herself that it is better he never knows.

Shaurya started explaining but paused as he found her lost in her own world. Anger grew inside him as he found her detached almost making a mockery out of him.

“Where is your mind Ms Bhalla ?” His voice was cold.

Anokhi blinked and looked at him for a moment before answering him in mumble, “It’s raining”

“If you didn’t want to study, you should not have wasted my time like this”

As if coming back to reality, Anokhi apologized to him immediately, “I am sorry Sir. I didn’t mean to—“

“—Now if you are here so we can start” Shaurya cut her off. “Pen?”

“Between the pages” Anokhi said as she took out a notebook.

Shaurya taught her for another hour clearing her doubts with patience. Once they were finished, Anokhi stood up to leave.

“Ms Bhalla it’s raining. You won’t be able to go for some time” Shaurya exclaimed pinching the bridge of his nose as he tilted his head to look outside the window.

Anokhi collected her books and took her pen before packing her bag, “I will wait in the reception”

“Your wish, but you can wait here too” Shaurya matched her gaze.

“No Sir, I will be fine outside” Her tone was curt as she avoided looking his way.

Silence spread in the air for few moments before Anokhi started collecting her things from the table. Shaurya kept watching her in silence, his heart crushing under his own hold.

As she walked ahead to open the door she heard him speak, “Ms Bhalla a lot of times I can’t understand you”

Turning back, this time she didn’t shy away from matching his gaze and spoke, “Try looking between the pages sir, you might find something beyond the lines” Staring at him for another moment, she left.

Shaurya closed his eyes with a sigh. Little did she know he could even read between the lines.

Kyun pooche naa koi haal mera

Hai khud se yahi sawaal mera

Arey darta hai tu kyun parinde

Khuda ko hai khayaal tera

Beech hawa mein rehne waale zameen pe ek din ayega

Jo Tera hoyega Zaroor Ayega

Pavee

Kinna vi Oo yaara chala door Jayega

Jo tera hoyega zaroor ayega 

____

A/N- I am obsessed with them. 

But I literally have no idea what to write. I have zero prompts.  So again a random shit. Hope it came out readable. 

This was so so beautiful! I just really could see this happening on-screen and hear Shaurya's tone in my mind while reading the last part.❤❤

It was beautiful. 👍🏼 Loved the way you portrayed their underlying emotions. ❤️ The pace of the narration was so calm and felt comfortable reading it. 

You've got nice hold on ShaKhi. Do write more works on them. Would love to read more like this. 

This was totally worth the read! I love the title!! Yes it was random but i think thats how I imagine them to be too, once they both develop feelings and before they confess. Its very well written. Please keep writing! ❤️

This was such a lovely read ❤️ The whole interaction felt so natural between them, with Anokhi's annoyance and his feigned indifference. I love that in the end, Shaurya still wanted her to stay back. Is that how you treat all your students Shaurya?? Please write more because I love these simple moments they share

This was a masterpiece and definitely so beautiful ❤❤❤

Please do write more❤😋

Ohmydz this was soooo Beautiful ❤️Natural.

Do write more.

Beautifully written. Loved the way the emotions were explained❤️

Do write more🥰

Oh I loved it! 

I wish we get something like this on the screen😳

And the feeling is mutual on the other side! I'm getting addicted to this show

The quote in the end omggggggg

Beautiful ❤️