ruining movies from the South - Janhvi Kapoor

Posted: 3 years ago

I just heard the news Janhvi Kapoor will be starring in the Malayalam movie Helens remake. Helen was frontlined by the amazing Anna Ben who was just perfect in this role. I don’t know how or why Janhvi kapoor who has shown that she is a below average actor has bagged this role. Maybe it’s because of her father and mothers influence? 

She has also filmed for Kolamavu Kokila remake which started Nayanthara who is a very experienced actor. Again Janhvi was given this role.

It’s clear that Boney uses his influence in South (the industry there respects him cause of Sridevi) to find out which FEMALE ORIENTED movies are big hits and buys the rights to give them to his daughter. This is the perfect example of nepotism. Even if these films do well in Hindi they will never reach their full potential by casting someone who is just not suited or has the acting ability for this role. I really dislike how Karan Johar and Boney are trying to force Janhvi down everyones throats as a “serious” actress under the lie that shes “choosing” all these brilliant female oriented movies when in fact they know these movies did well and they want to piggyback of that success for Janhvi so she is just handed these movies on a platter. 

When will outsiders like sanya tripti radhika mrunal be given these amazing roles? They will surely be so so good and do the role justice but yet again the preference is to the star kids. Its SO disappointing to see. 

Please do watch the original Helen and Kolamavu Kokila before you watch whatever flop Janhvi comes up with.

Janhvi has nice curves tho 🤗

You're late to the party, dude!

Edited by Koviljika34 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by smileyyy3

It’s clear that Boney uses his influence in South (the industry there respects him cause of Sridevi) to find out which FEMALE ORIENTED movies are big hits and buys the rights to give them to his daughter. This is the perfect example of nepotism. 

And how is that a problem though? That makes perfect business sense to me to buy rights of good films and make remakes with her daughter within the family instead of he eating up work of others in production houses outside the family. For generations, producers have been financing films for their kids and this is actually the first time Boney is producing something for her daughter. You would do the same thing if you were a producer. It's cheaper too to go with your kids instead of approaching a known outsider.

So we’re okay with good films being ruined by shitty acting? Also okay with taking away opportunities from other actors? 

Wooo nepotism bro! 

Just because something happens for generations it doesn’t make it right. I know these people will never change but at least keep the south movies away from plastic star kids.

So we’re okay with good films being ruined by shitty acting? Also okay with taking away opportunities from other actors? 

Wooo nepotism bro! 

Just because something happens for generations it doesn’t make it right. I know these people will never change but at least keep the south movies away from plastic star kids.

The producers of the south films themselves are selling the rights to Bollywood for profit. Unless you're investing your hard earned in a film, you have no say on who should and should not be cast in the film. That's only upto the producers. 

Neither are you spending money on producing the film nor are you being forced to watch it by paying in theatres. On top of that you have already seen the original. So just chill. Or else invest your own money, buy the rights of the south film you wanna remake and cast whoever you want to.

No use complaining like this without any reason.

Wooo nepotism bro! 

😳😳

the south movies away from plastic star kids.

Who is going to tell them?

Originally posted by MommaDarling

The producers of the south films themselves are selling the rights to Bollywood for profit. Unless you're investing your hard earned in a film, you have no say on who should and should not be cast in the film. That's only upto the producers. 

*No use complaining like this without any reason.*

Please don’t patronise me. I know how the industry works. I can still have an opinion about it. Why you so damn hurt over me dissing a nepo kid bro? Also just explained my reasons if you want to try reading my initial message properly.

isn’t this forum for discussing and voicing our opinions? Sorry that i hurt your feelings. Just discussing some things bro, take a chill pill.