Posted: 3 years ago

OS

“ Sir, I know that I am not wrong here and I do not deserve to be treated the way I am being treated. I am sorry if I sound rude or thankless but it is what it is.” Anokhi defended herself.

“ Miss Bhalla, what is the proof that you haven’t planted these chits in Bebo, Kitty and Anmol’s bag?” Shaurya Sabarwal asked her, more like accused her of doing what the three of them had blamed and framed her for. It broke his heart, asking her the question and interpreting to her that he didn’t trust her.

“ But sir, what is the proof that I did? No one will find it because it does not exist. I did not plant those in their bags and why are you all being unfair with me?” Anokhi spat back, irritated.

“ Excuse me? We at SIAC are never unfair to anyone.” Alok barged in, defending his beloved institute and the Sabarwal surname.

“ This is you being unfair sir. When the same lot of people ragged and tried to molest me, you asked me to bring proof that something like that happened to me and did not believe me at my word. So technically this time, it is they who should be proving that I planted those chits in their bags for the exam.” She tried to reason but who was she kidding, the Sabarwal surname was associated with Kitty and Bebo and that Anmol’s father was super rich. She, on the other hand was from a very humble background and hence the brats thought that it was okay to pick on her.

“ You definitely can do something like this to them as you confessed it yourself that they did something wrong to you too. Tit for tat like situation. Now Miss Bhalla, confess and we may let you off the hook easily.” Alok almost threatened Anokhi but as usual, she never responds to threat well.

“ In that case sir, I would have definitely not asked have intervened to stop their expulsion and suspension. If only I wanted to have my revenge and that was the best way to get it.” She spoke up logically and before tears threatened to spill from her eyes, she ran out of the board room.

“ Miss Bhalla…..Anokhi stop.” She heard a voice but didn’t turn back to see because she didn’t want to appear weak in front of anyone.

“ Miss Bhalla, stop.” A hand was placed on her shoulder, forcing her to turn. It was Shaurya and she immediately wiped her tears.

“ Oh so there was something else left to say to insult me that has to be done right now. Please go ahead sir and say whatever you want to and accuse me all you want.” She had no idea how rude she was coming off and to be honest, she didn’t even care.

“ Calm down and take a deep breath and listen to what I have to say.” Shaurya tried to pacify her but it only resulted in her being more angry.

“ Do I have an option not to, sir?” She asked and Shaurya cringed because of the tone she used at him but he didn’t reprimand her because she was completely right and his family was being unreasonable this time.

“ Come with me Miss Bhalla.” He said, pinching the gap between his eyes.

“ No sir, I am quite used to you and the other Sabarwals insulting me in front of everyone in the middle of the campus. Why shy away now?” Was her second time she was totally rude to Shaurya and that was it for him.

“ Miss Bhalla, you really leave me with no other option.” He said, held her hand and dragged her slightly to his office, making sure he does not hurt her. Thankfully for her, there was no one in the corridor who saw him dragging her like that.

They were soon in his cabin as he made her sit on one of the chairs and handed her a glass of water as he kneeled in front of her, touching her hands slightly.

“ As much as you’ll be shocked to hear this Anokhi, I trust you this time. I know that you didn’t plant those bloody chits in their bags and I know that chacha and bade papa are being biased here because it involves Kitty, Bebo and a good amount of donation to the college annually but please trust me Miss Bhalla, I am going to help you uncover the truth.” He assured her and her eyes widened at his confession.

No, no, no….this can’t be happening. Mr. Shaurya Sabarwal, her economics professor who she was almost sure that he hated her had said that he trusted her? Did the sun rise from the west today or the birds have stopped flying?

“ You…..you trust me?” She asked, not trusting her own voice as he nodded in a yes.

Of course he trusted her, after all, that was the first step of developing an intense liking towards her. He knew that she could never do anything of such sorts.

“ And you don’t need a proof?” She asked again, resulting a very, very small smile making way on Shaurya’s lips as he nodded in a no.

“ Sir, this isn’t any trick of yours to make me wrongly confess something, is it?” She asked the third question, hesitant as he stood up and slightly kept arms on her shoulder and made her stand up too.

“ No Miss Bhalla, I have not believed you anytime before and yet you have always managed to walk away after proving me wrong. Every single time and the three of them are not the most sincere lot of students in the college so you definitely get a benefit of doubt here. Moreover, as you rightly said, it is their responsibility to prove that you did what they claim and here, you and I are going to prove that you did nothing of such sort but for this plan to succeed, we can’t let anyone know that I am helping you.” He told her, trying to make her understand and she looked a little uncertain but agreed nonetheless.

“ Okay sir but what am I supposed to do?” She asked, looking at him very innocently.

“ Wipe away your tears first.” He said, extending his handkerchief towards her and she took it hesitantly, wiping her tears.

“ Good, now what we do is that we do nothing and let them prove themselves wrong.” Shaurya said, smirking and Anokhi was confused once again.

“ What do you mean sir?” She asked, frowning a little.

“ Those chits are going to prove you innocent Miss Bhalla. They think that they are very smart by typing the content in the chits and not writing it so that the handwriting gets caught but you see, you couldn’t have printed them in the campus because the student resource center keeps tabs on all students’ printing, faxing and browsing history of the resource room so that will be recorded there. Your second option would have been leaving campus and specifying the reason for doing so and those records will be available with your in-college hostel warden, so that rules the possibility out. The only last option that you could have had was owning a printer in your hostel room and then using it but that is against college policies and at the most they would want to check your room and when none of this will indicate that you had any hand in planting the chits, you walk away free. Now coming to making them confess that they had themselves planted those chits to frame you, I know Kitty and Bebo won’t do this on their own because of a whole supervision of the professors they live under which only leaves us with the possibility of Anmol doing it. That is one thing we need to think. How to make him confess again.” She explained the brilliant idea to Anokhi was couldn’t believe that her professor could come up with such a brilliant plan but she was no less.

“ We can easily make Anmol confess. All I have to do is threaten him to file an FIR against him for defaming me. He will give up right then and there.” She replied, coming up with this idea immediately.

“ Not bad Anokhi.” He seemed impressed with her and she was definitely impressed with him.

“ Thank you sir.” She replied smiling a little and picked her bag, seeked permission to leave and walked out.

Anokhi never thought that Shaurya could take her side and help her but she was still a little bummed out because of Tej and Alok’s attitude, but anyways, they would be proved wrong once again.

The next day, everything exactly went as planned and by afternoon, Anokhi had proved herself innocent in the whole fiasco and also made Anmol confess once again about what the three of them did.d

“ We are so sorry sir. We lied and framed Anokhi. This will never happen again. We promise.” Bebo said, almost on the verge of tears.

“ Yes sir, please don’t suspend us.” Anmol pleaded after confessing how he had got the chits made and did everything.

“ Kitty, Bebo and Anmol, this is your second and last warning. You three will be suspended for one month and if I find you putting one step out of line, consider yourselves expelled. You both maybe Sabarwals and you maybe the only son of a man with a 400 crore company but what you have been doing is completely unethical and is a crime. Consider yourselves lucky that Miss Bhalla here is not pressing charges against you three for mental trauma and defamation.” Shaurya warned them and they apologized to Anokhi, leaving the board room.

“ We are sorry once again Miss Bhalla for whatever happened and you couldn’t focus on you exam. I will make sure that you are graded fairly.” Shaurya promised to her.

“ No worries sir. I was already done with my exam before the beginning of this whole fiasco.” She replied, very confidently giving him a smile.

“ Anokhi, the institute apologizes formally for what happened with you.” Tej Sabarwal said but this time, Anokhi was in the complete mood to give it back, a little subtly.

“ Sir, I don’t want you to apologize for anything. I just want that everyone in this college, despite whatever background they come from are given a free and unbiased chance to represent themselves without any preconceived notions about them. That’s all. People like me may not come from a super rich background but that does not mean that we all are liars or thieves or attention seekers.” She finished what she had to say without sugar coating anything.

Shaurya, for most of the time hated when someone tried to insult his family but not this time. This time, the girl standing in front of them was right and he knew it, in fact respected her for the fact that when the worse comes to worst, she always stands up for herself and for what is right and he had no shame in confessing that his family needed to learn this trait, even if it was learning from her.

“ See Miss Bhalla, we know that you were right but that does not give you the power to tell us what to do and what not to do.” Alok said, pointing a finger at her.

“ Chacha, she is right this time. It was wrong of us to not trust her as much as we trusted Bebo, Kitty and Anmol.” Shaurya defended her openly.

“ Miss Bhalla, you will get a written apology very soon. You are dismissed.” Tej bumped in and indirectly asked her to leave.

“ Okay sir.” She said and then turned to walk out of the room and started for her hostel room to leave to meet her sister and hang out with her for a day as exams were over and the next semester was supposed to begin Monday.

It felt so free and liberating to be free of the false accusations that were hauled at her and she only had Shaurya to thank for this.

“ Oh no….I should go and say thank you to him first before leaving.” She muttered to herself and turned around and bumped into a wall.

Wait, there was no wall here? Why would there be a wall in the middle of a walkway?

A pair of strong arms helped her stabilize and she looked up to find that she had bumped into Shaurya.

“ Miss Bhalla, why are you always in such a hurry?” Shaurya asked as he looked at her in the eye and she took a step back, collecting herself.

“ Sir, I was just coming to see you.” She told him and he raised an eyebrow.

“ And why would that be?” He asked.

“ To thank you sir. For believing in me and then helping me out. I don’t know if I could have proved myself right without your help.” She confessed, giving him a grateful look.

“ Don’t sell yourself short. You are the most stubborn girl I have ever seen. I am sure you would have been figured something out on your own because as far as I know Miss Anokhi Bhalla, she doesn’t give up too easily and you studying in SIAC without me initially wanting you to be here, you still are. That’s how headstrong and stubborn you are Miss Bhalla.” He said, trying to make her smile a little because these days, he was aiming to do that a lot. He liked when she smiled and made him want to smile with her. Just one smile of her’s would brighten his otherwise dull day for Anokhi too, the situation was just exactly the same but she was yet to realize it, being the oblivious one in love.

Shaurya on the other hand knew exactly what it was that he was feeling and for some reason, he didn’t seem to find it disturbing at all. He had started liking Anokhi Bhalla and he was not afraid to admit it. But he also knew of her inexperience and obliviousness of whatever was happening with her and that is when he decided to take an extremely slow and steady approach with her. Afterall, she needs to come to recognize and accept what she felt of him and around him before he would take the next step because he didn’t want to scare her off. He would wait for her to realize on her own but if she does not, he will help her to acknowledge her feelings to herself because he could clearly read it in her eyes the exact same feelings he was feeling for her. He was sure that it would be the beginning of something beautiful with her, something meant to be.

“ Sir….sir?” His thoughts were broken by the eager girl standing in front of him.

“ Yes?” He asked.

“ May I please leave?” She asked, timidly.

“ You may.” He allowed her as he tucked a loose strand falling on her face, blocking her view as her hands were too occupied holding her bag, books and a few loose sheets. Anokhi blushed furiously as the tip of Shaurya’s fingers touched her face, it felt like all her senses were heightened a thousand times and a shiver ran down her spine. Shaurya smirked at how her body reacted with just a mere touch from him.

“ Thank you once again sir  and thank you for trusting me.” She said, completely embarrassed of what had just happened as she walked in her hostel building, leaving a smiling Shaurya outside.

Heyy guys. I am on a writing spree. This is my second OS on ShAkhi and third overall write up on them. What can I do, I am just freaking obsessed. I know that my works are not really romantic but that is because right now, I don’t know how both of their dynamic is going to be once they are together. I, for some reason can only write bits and pieces of what they may be like together and I am sorry for that. I hope you like this one. Do review as it motivates a lot! And also, suggest me some prompts to write a OS/TS on. Any circumstance that you want. I’ll try to write and do the best of my capabilities.

Thank you so much for giving this a try. See y’ll soon!

Byeee….❤❤

Edited by mahiii12 - 3 years ago

You are on roll. Keep these nuggets coming. Mama craves more lol 😆 thank you for another precious gem. 

Originally posted by Nomadic_Vibe

You are on roll. Keep these nuggets coming. Mama craves more lol 😆 thank you for another precious gem. 

Thank youu.❤❤...I wasn't kinda very satisfied with how this OS turned out to be, tbh.

Originally posted by mahiii12

Thank youu.❤❤...I wasn't kinda very satisfied with how this OS turned out to be, tbh.

As a writer myself I can guess which part but that's okay I guess. You win some you lose some.Don't worry. 

Originally posted by Nomadic_Vibe

As a writer myself I can guess which part but that's okay I guess. You win some you lose some.Don't worry. 

Haan na bro....I planned something else, it came out something else only😅

I'll probably end up taking this down in the morning once I realize what nonsense I have written lol🤣🤣🤣

Sis!!! AHHHHHHH this was sooooo cute!!! Omggggg  so creative and new and fresh  loved it!!!❤️

Originally posted by Fahmida21

Sis!!! AHHHHHHH this was sooooo cute!!! Omggggg  so creative and new and fresh  loved it!!!❤️

THANK YOUUU!!❤❤❤

Btw, do you visit ATBA forum kyaa??

ahh. mahi you  did it again. I liked it so much. I appreciate how through your writings you are exploring different sides of their relationship and how it can potentially turn out in future.. ughh,, ME LOVES. 

Originally posted by mahiii12

THANK YOUUU!!❤❤❤

Btw, do you visit ATBA forum kyaa??

Yesss i doo im an active member there too 🤣omg 

Awesome os

Shaurya trusted her nd helped her♥️