I want Anupama and Vanraj to reconcile 🙈

Posted: 2 years ago

I am not justifying Vanraj’s infidelity and his poor treatment of Anupama in the past. I also don’t believe that Anupama cannot survive without him and live her life with dignity. But as someone who has always lived with both his parents and watched them having khatti meethi nok jhoks all the time, it’s really difficult for me to imagine post-divorce life of Anupama and her kids. Specially I feel weird when I keep myself in the shoes of her 3 children. So although cheating on spouse is a horrible offence I somehow want Anupama to forgive Varnraj and be with him for the sake of their kids and baa. I feel ambiguous about this and would love to know the opinion and thoughts of other forum members.

yes the younger generation might not like it but the people who have the grown up kids will be able to think from all the aspects especialy the Rakhi is going through it is going to effect everyone and why the evil person to let and join your family who want to destroy every thing , i think they should listen and anu have to believe her daughter what she have seen in kavia and plus samar just because of vanraj why you want to through the whole family in the fire .

Originally posted by Forbidden_Rose

I am not justifying Vanraj’s infidelity and his poor treatment of Anupama in the past. I also don’t believe that Anupama cannot survive without him and live her life with dignity. But as someone who has always lived with both his parents and watched them having khatti meethi nok jhoks all the time, it’s really difficult for me to imagine post-divorce life of Anupama and her kids. Specially I feel weird when I keep myself in the shoes of her 3 children. So although cheating on spouse is a horrible offence I somehow want Anupama to forgive Varnraj and be with him for the sake of their kids and baa. I feel ambiguous about this and would love to know the opinion and thoughts of other forum members.

Yess 👍👍 some times I even think that hmm but let’s see what’s stored for us 

Originally posted by Forbidden_Rose

Nope, if at all, their divorce is the best case scenario, even for the kids. Children are a huge part of parents’ lives, and parents sacrifice a lot for them, but just because a couple has children, they should live together unhappily for the rest of their lives? That’s not fair.

People like Vanraj don’t change with the flick of a switch. Vanraj seems semi-endearing to you right now, because he has understood Anupama’s ‘value’, but why has that happened? Because he has been deprived of the comfort he was getting when she was at his constant beck and call, which was problematic to begin with. I still don’t believe he loves her. Let’s assume they get back together. Vanraj would want the comfort back in his life, he would want to hold the same kind of power over Anupama like he did before. But Anupama is a changed woman. She’s not going to take his sh*t like before. She would want to be his equal, while he would want her to be his meek subordinate again. When this won’t happen. they will fight, and it will get ugly. Believe me, it is nothing like the “nok jhok” you’re referring to. So if they fight all the time, that will torture the very kids they got back together for.
And all of this also rests on the assumption that Anupama is willing to forgive Vanraj for the years of emotional and verbal abuse, and of course his infidelity. I personally don’t think one can ever forgive such abusive behaviour, 

Quoting one of anupamaa’s lines 

“Toote huye ghar mein to phir bhi raha jaa sakta hai, par jalte huye ghar mein kisi ko bhi nahi rehna chahiye”

Originally posted by silvermoonlight

No.

Straight and simple, love it hahahhaha! I cringe so bad when people use their ship name, or the channel tries to promote them as a ‘couple’. Like, hello, are we even watching the same show?

Edited by Nutella03 - 2 years ago

Nope. I strongly disagree. Lemme tell you my reasons.

About children, they are almost grown up and they have their own life. For instance, Toshu was ever so ready to move out because he was getting free ka luxury flat. 

Do you recall any children apart from Samar ever thinking - Ohh my mom might have felt so hurt, how can my father do this to mom? 

All in all, they all are so selfish that they are bound to think about themselves only in the future too. Like Toshu, Pakhi will get married one day and move out. I am excluding Samar in all this because he surely doesn't want them to reconcile. After all children have their own family to think about, what do you think will happen to Anu? 

For Anu and Vanraj - Their relationship is way too toxic, to have a 'Normal' family from now on. It is almost impossible for anyone to forget such trauma unless there are in a situation where they have no other choice of survival and have to compromise a big time.

Anu's happiness clearly is not with Vanraj. so I don't see why she should even think about this.

The current track is showing Pakhi going through all this, but let us not forget - that she is the one who was ever so ready to accept Kavya as a mom and even moved there. The recent events are reactions because she was forced to move out from her La La Land. These so-called Children don't like these change because it provides them discomfort. Parents shouldn't be the only ones thinking about family - children are part of it. And not to forget these children are all 16+. They aren't kids but fully matured individuals.

What OP suggested might be applicable for 'Normal Divorse' and 'Normal Family' - and Shah family and what happened was anything but Normal to forget and pretend it can be normal. 

Thanks for your insight guys. I do understand better now that how the show is addressing the patriarchal system of our society and how it would kinda be misogynistic to show Anu and Varnraj coming back together. 

till now I had only kept myself in the shoes of toshu-samar-pakhi but when I try to think from Anu’s perspective, you guys are absolutely right. No one would want to get back with an emotionally abusive partner. 

All in all I have concluded that the theme of the show is actually quite mature and thought provoking. It makes us step out of our (or at least mine) comfort zone that if 2 people marry , then they are not bind to stay together forever. If the marriage is toxic in any way, and if the 2 people are not compatible then it’s rather better to break it. And that your individuality matters too even if you have kids etc. 

Thanks a lot to each and everyone for discussing their thoughts .

Well in yesterday episode anupama  told  vanraj not as husband wife but as parents of children hum dono ek doosre ke saath honge   . Bhale hi vanraj aur anupama ka divorce ho jaaye  but  anupama aur vanraj  bacchon ke liye  aapas mein milte rahenge 

Yeh anupama ne yeh baat ek baar pakhi ko kahi  aur doosri baar vanraj ko kahi 

Yes in real life  wife  did accept back husband inspite of  husband having affair with somone  husband having abusive nature  because  that wife is not earning and Even her mayaka is not supportive 

So because of weak Financial condtiion and wife not able to earn and cannot raise children on her own  because of Financial crisis   and Even not  having supportive ansd strong maykawife has bound to live with abusive and cheater husband 

But ab anupama  ke case ab aisa khuch nahin hai 

I can say with my personal experience my uncle   having extra martial with somone  and my aunty oppooppose it  but uncle said  if u saying anything I will kill u  . Since   aunty is not earning  and for sake of children  she has to keep quite 

Later  uncle  ' s elder  Brother   who   has studies LLB warn   his younger  Brother  ki  adulterry ki wajah se tum jail jaaoge  ( earlier adultery was crime in india before 2018 ) and u will loose ur job 

From that day  my uncle stop meeting out sde woman 

Edited by surabhi01 - 2 years ago

I also don't agree with this. 

Just because they have children doesn't mean they have to live together. I know it's very difficult for the children to survive but they have to understand their parents happiness also. 

at the moment big no jaha vanraj still living with kavya agar uss ko sach mein anupama chahiye he should try to gain her trust back and try to make her understand he will leave kavya  but vanraj didnt did an single thing also and u want anupama to forgive him hell NO