Ishq Mein Marjawan 2

IMMJ 2 moving to OTT - My Two Cents

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

So finally that day has arrived. 

After much discussions, the much-dreaded axing of the show has finally happened, but not entirely. Ishq Mein Marjawan 2 will stream on Voot only after two weeks, bidding farewell to Colors channel.

Now, I understand many of you are unhappy about this decision, but I am partly glad for this, and here's why:

1. The show is at least not going off-air. 

We will still get to see our Vansh and Riddhima, only not on TV this time.

2. Let's face it.

7PM is not the slot for a show like Ishq Mein Marjawan 2. A serial that is watched mainly by the younger crowd, you either make it before 7 or after 9. Bcoz, at 7PM, most youngsters either go to tuitions or study at home. And officegoers like me either slog at our worksplaces or dangle from the doors of overcrowded buses on our way back home. 

As a result low TRP was inevitable, irrespective of the plotline. And this low TRP was putting a lot of pressure on the makers to abruptly change plotlines, end good tracks and introduce weird twists to cater to the TRP crowd.

If the show goes online, I am assuming (with some optimism) that it will provide some relief to the writers who can experiment a little more and get back their older touch with which they penned down the first 75 episodes.

3. The show may not get TRP but it has a lot of fans online. That way, the actors will feel better as they wont have the pressure of TRPs. The online fanbase will give them better motivation.

4. Silsila 2 episodes were put up on Voot at sharp 10AM everyday. 

So, if they do the same with our show, we will be freed from the daily torture of episode aaya? episode aaya? anxiety. Trust me, for Voot Select users, it is a major point of irritation.

However, moving to OTT is not without its cons either. There are some concerns with online streaming as well.

1. Will the actors agree? If one of them quits...then what?

2. Voot is a chindi app. It does not play Bollywood songs like Hotstar bcoz of copyright issues. 

That means, from now on, we will hear only 5 different versions of the same song for every emotional moment, dance sequence and romantic scenes. ðŸ¤”

3. The most important concern...what about international audience?

Voot is not available outside India...not even with VPN. In that case, how will so many NRI people watch it?

Please share your views...and let's discuss.

Edited by amritat - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pyaar2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Everyone is afraid now Mamta will.pour all his creative liberty to glorify Kabir. Is this fear true? I am having mixed reaction.

Is the news of Ott confirmed? 

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: pyaar2012

Everyone is afraid now Mamta will.pour all his creative liberty to glorify Kabir. Is this fear true? I am having mixed reaction.

Is the news of Ott confirmed? 

3 different portals gave the same news...so could be true. In fact, I was expecting this change.

However, I do not think Kabir will be an issue.

Ayushi_78 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I was waiting for your post on this.

As we always used to say, it'd have been better had the show been on an OTT platform. There would be much more to experiment with , without the pressure of trps. 

But again the major point is will the actors agree? The show runs on the leads and it'll shut if any one of them also leaves. Seems like they've agreed hence the OTT news everywhere.

Hoping if it shifts to OTT, CVs make proper use of the platform.

ILTHBEB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

There are many ways to watch  for me because in my country also voot isn't available. 

But in my lists cons are

In ott mamta will get full on freedom in writing so what if she does her favouritism more and more with her favourite character kabir! 

If anyone amid rrahel quits this show then there is no meaning to watch anymore even if it shifts to ott or ptt in whatever place.

In ott show won't be continued for long most of the times so we are getting this show only for 1/2 months ðŸ˜­

jodh57 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

sab ok hai yaar.

but i cant tolerate title track playing in every second and that tun tun bg

kuhelidebbarma thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I m worried for international fans mainly..

IMMJ 2 has a huge FD outside India..what about them? ðŸ˜’

ILTHBEB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: kuhelidebbarma

I m worried for international fans mainly..

IMMJ 2 has a huge FD outside India..what about them? ðŸ˜’

Bangladeshi & Pakistani fans are most ...they watch instantly after episode becomes viral in youtube.  

SexyPotato thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Daily show is not so profitable in digital medium. Lot of actors are not comfortable in digital daily soap. But they can experiment. Over all this ph is chindi. So I'm not expecting anything.
Abby143 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

But even for 7pm slot the trp was not bad. It was average.

Why this decision!

Also it's hugely popular and was slot leader for months

They could have tried for a slot change before totally shifting to OTT.