Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

That’s not just actors. That’s most of the elite all across the world.. some people don’t even act.. they just earn more money by being rich and famous 😆

Middle class morality these days is criticising people who richer and have it easier.

If you think about it, probably people who are poorer than us, especially domestic helps who have an inner view of our lives think the same way about us. We have it easier, don’t have to put in that much labor and earn more, simply because of good education. Good education needs 💰 

Anyways, who are we to decide what anyone wants to study.. Also, I do think they learn but it also needs talent. I know about Aryan Khan & Ranbir Kapoor.

Its not really a debate but an opinion. For any industry to prosper people working in it must have some insight ..For example : let's say I am a post graduate with a degree in Physics..and I have all the knowledge on my subject. Many would think that's enough for me to be a teacher..then what's the point of doing a teaching course? Why is having a B.ed or M.ed degree required for one to get a job as a teacher?  Because while I may have the knowledge its important for me to know how to impart it so that I can nurture my students in a better way...same is with any performance art or film making. While most aspiring actors in our country belonging to a middle class family don't have the privilege to study acting/film making.. you will still see most outsiders will have some background in theatre or acting course..But industry kids have the privilege and opportunity to actually go and learn acting because that is all they want to do for rest of their lives and yet they hardly show any interest it..like I said it won't necessarily make them good actors but I do believe it will bring a great reform in industry. No one has anything to offer.

PS..I think the entire convo started from you saying education is not wasted which I agree with but star kids getting a degree in some random course and then ending up in Bollywood when they neither have skill nor knowledge to apply without even trying a hand in profession where they could have used their education is a big example of  " Why did you bother to get a degree. Just to flaunt it?!"

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ninny

Its not really a debate but an opinion. For any industry to prosper people working in it must have some insight ..For example : let's say I am a post graduate with a degree in Physics..and I have all the knowledge on my subject. Many would think that's enough for me to be a teacher..then what's the point of doing a teaching course? Why is having a B.ed or M.ed degree required for one to get a job as a teacher?  Because while I may have the knowledge its important for me to know how to impart it so that I can nurture my students in a better way...same is with any performance art or film making. While most aspiring actors in our country belonging to a middle class family don't have the privilege to study acting/film making.. you will still see most outsiders will have some background in theatre or acting course..But industry kids have the privilege and opportunity to actually go and learn acting because that is all they want to do for rest of their lives and yet they hardly show any interest it..like I said it won't necessarily make them good actors but I do believe it will bring a great reform in industry. No one has anything to offer.

PS..I think the entire convo started from you saying education is not wasted which I agree with but star kids getting a degree in some random course and then ending up in Bollywood when they neither have skill nor knowledge to apply without even trying a hand in profession where they could have used their education is a big example of  " Why did you bother to get a degree. Just to flaunt it?!"

See, at the end of the day it’s a matter of personal choice. I wouldn’t want people to tell me what I want to do with my life. Its really intrusive. Many people leave engineering half way too. 

I don’t want to start another debate but, it’s kind of funny when people labelled Sushant as intelligent because he was a good student and got engineering and got admission in a good college. No offence to him, he left engineering too probably because it wasn’t the right path for him but people weren’t disappointed then.. it’s kind of funny when you think about it 😆

Remember three idiots? Sometimes people get pushed to do things and then they don’t want it.

Anyways I think most celebs take up Arts as a subject in colleges like Mithibai, except a few. I don’t think it’s harming anyone in any way.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I think it’s smart to have a degree in case Bollywood doesn’t work out. I always think plan b in case plan a doesn’t work out is great. She’s not priyanka chopra or other beauty queens that left an impact but let’s see how she does in films 

Edited by Terenaina - 3 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

See, at the end of the day it’s a matter of personal choice. I wouldn’t want people to tell me what I want to do with my life. Its really intrusive. Many people leave engineering half way too. 

I don’t want to start another debate but, it’s kind of funny when people labelled Sushant as intelligent because he was a good student and got engineering and got admission in a good college. No offence to him, he left engineering too probably because it wasn’t the right path for him but people weren’t disappointed then.. it’s kind of funny when you think about it 😆

Remember three idiots? Sometimes people get pushed to do things and then they don’t want it.

Anyways I think most celebs take up Arts as a subject in colleges like Mithibai, except a few. I don’t think it’s harming anyone in any way.

I don't really understand! I was never talking about people finding a passion for other field and leaving their education in between for that like Sushant did.. He was studying to become engineer but discovered his love and passion for performing arts and decided to pursue that leaving engineering in between.. He did enrolled himself for acting course though and took initiative to learn.. So it's not like MBBS ki degree lekar Banker ban gaya.. Also my point was never that you can not change your field but when you know tumhe bade hokar actor hi banna h toh bahar jakar law padhne ka kya fayda when you didn't even try a hand in that profession for even a year and you jump to a completely different feild without any prior training and brag about how it was always your dream to be an actor. 

Also I am not telling anyone to do anything just stating my opinion like everyone else here

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I don't really understand! I was never talking about people finding a passion for other field and leaving their education in between for that like Sushant did.. He was studying to become engineer but discovered his love and passion for performing arts and decided to pursue that leaving engineering in between.. He did enrolled himself for acting course though and took initiative to learn.. So it's not like MBBS ki degree lekar Banker ban gaya.. Also my point was never that you can not change your field but when you know tumhe bade hokar actor hi banna h toh bahar jakar law padhne ka kya fayda when you didn't even try a hand in that profession for even a year and you jump to a completely different feild without any prior training and brag about how it was always your dream to be an actor. 

Also I am not telling anyone to do anything just stating my opinion like everyone else here

Ya, but I think no one really knows what they want in life..also we can assume that they got no degreee or training for acting but they have people at home to teach them & personal trainers for everything.. they don’t have one person but a team dedicated for everything.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This is what a historian writes about emperor jehangir a mughal emperor 

Henry Beveridge, declare that Jahangir would have been a “better and happier man” as the “head of a Natural History Museum”

So if an emperor can have greater interests in other professions than ruling his empire why cannot a manshi chillar have two three different profession liking? 

Many doctors finish degree than they teach or work in company's etc so is it waste of that degree 

Degree is basically in asia not on interest its more of a career a bread and butter business unlike west so ppl choose that which gives better salary or least unemployment one like MBBS, BE 

Atleast unlike jehangir other ppl can refuse to continue the profession they do are not good at or not interested and do what they like. 

Many ppl are struck in professions they do not like all life hence the do not do a great job of it 

Let them do what they like and be happy atleast unlike a jehangir or some star kids who do a bad job of their profession and fail and get depressed etc 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

if i were at her place..ill do just the same..so lets not be too harsh on her..better not being a doctor than being a bad one and taking lives

HugeScarcity thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

But when you get a degree for one field and chose to work in completely different field I don't find any logic.. I can understand most middle class Indians would want to get a degree in engineering or other field for job security but why can't star kids ever study performing arts when this is what they plan to do for rest of their lives? 

Often people get a degree and then realize that they actually want to do something else. Of course yes they could go on to study acting even afterwards but it's not the norm in the industry. It is not expected or required to have any training and even having training doesn't mean you will be good. This isn't just about star kids. Bollywood often looks to models to become actors, some happen to be good and others not. Until directors really insist on auditions for all films (even this is no guarantee), talent won't be the first thing they are looking for.

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Can not believe people are criticising someone for their career choices.. she made a decision what she thinks is best for her. My sister is lawyer yet chose to pursue a career in Business. This is pretty much the same thing. She is gorgeous, I wish her good luck!