Katrina's acting isn't as bad as it is made out to be? - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

I actually agree.

I am not claiming her to be a great or even a good actress. She is somewhere b/w below average and average. However she does have strengths in some areas. Her job is to look pretty, make some colorful expressions, light up the screen with her megawatt smile, dance like a dream and bring butts to the cinema hall... and she always succeeded with that. She is also smart in her script selection - she knows her limitations and therefore almost always chose scripts which suited her - basically flowerpotty roles whose main essence was to look good.

Watch Sonam in some of her songs, you'd know how inadequate Sonam is in giving these 'candyfloss/flowerpotty' expressions. Even great actresses like Tabu looked out of place in commercial roles. Vidya was horrendous in Hey Baby etc. But Katrina looks completely right in these 'flowerpot roles', where your job is to look pretty, make some colorful expressions and dance like a dream. It's not acting, but you still need some theatrical skills to do them.

So while she is not great actress, she does have some skills .

Ah the weekly "Katrina isn't that bad" thread. Cmon she can't act for sh*t. Learning to speak hindi is not acting 😆

Nope. She is absolutely horrible. 

Yup.. it's not as bad.. it's worse.. but of course, she is "under-rated"

She is a pathetic actress... only thing I like about her is that her dance numbers never look vulgar as she can't give any expressions..

Originally posted by Mo0nLighting

Yeah that voice used to leave me weak-kneed and giddy too ... It was unfair to have someone looking that good and sounding that hot at the same time.☺️ Talk about sensory overload. 

Oh yeah now that you reminded me, her voice was definitely dubbed by someone else, but I think she started using her own voice afterwards.... which was a bit more bearable and more in sync. They did the same with Aamna in Kahin toh Hoga, she started off with the same girl's voice and then suddenly one day she started sounding like a completely different person with her own voice, which was far less pitched and low. I think they had this one voice actor girl assigned to dub all the girls in popular shows till she quit.😆 Could never understand the need, it's not like the actors couldn't speak the original language. 

sorry to butt in but this discussion is much more interesting than the topic at hand😆

Reason for Neha Bamb dubbing - Her actual voice was hoarse and child like at that time which just couldn't gel with the character. Given she had to act with IQ who have a distinct voice and her character was singer they made a clever decision. The voice dubbing artist was quite famous she also used to dub for Bhatt film heroines

With Aamna, I read an interview where they gave such a lame reason that her voice didnt gel with character arc that time (love track) whatever that means😆

Originally posted by TrustNo1

Ah the weekly "Katrina isn't that bad" thread. Cmon she can't act for sh*t. Learning to speak hindi is not acting 😆

Yup  https://i.ibb.co/c36FK6L/lol.gif https://i.ibb.co/c36FK6L/lol.gif

Edited by Koviljika34 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Pighalta_Bhoot

sorry to butt in but this discussion is much more interesting than the topic at hand😆

Reason for Neha Bamb dubbing - Her actual voice was hoarse and child like at that time which just couldn't gel with the character. Given she had to act with IQ who have a distinct voice and her character was singer they made a clever decision. The voice dubbing artist was quite famous she also used to dub for Bhatt film heroines

With Aamna, I read an interview where they gave such a lame reason that her voice didnt gel with character arc that time (love track) whatever that means😆

Butt in all you want ... we're all ears. 😆 I did wonder that too ... that perhaps they suffered some severe sore throat and a whole lotta other possibilities. I remember the voice actor cuz she was everywhere to the point where I could tell when it was her on TV. So I'm not surprised that she was famous back then... and I remember feeling disappointed when I heard Aamna's real voice, so that makes sense too.

Originally posted by Mo0nLighting

Butt in all you want ... we're all ears. 😆 I did wonder that too ... that perhaps they suffered some severe sore throat and a whole lotta other possibilities. I remember the voice actor cuz she was everywhere to the point where I could tell when it was her on TV. So I'm not surprised that she was famous back then... and I remember feeling disappointed when I heard Aamna's real voice, so that makes sense too.

I think her name was mona ghosh or something

she has dubbed bipasha, sachin joshi ki wife and some other bhatt heroines

She is bad but she definitely Improved in her last two outings