Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina's acting isn't as bad as it is made out to be? - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: FingerFetish

I lived and breathed for this show until it went down. Also hated Kripa from the very beginning like no other 😆. Now you won’t unsee this comparison next time you watch Katrina’s movie 🤣 

Oh.. trust me, me too! She was no match for Angad who was a total heartthrob at the time.😆 I'd noticed her strange way of talking back then but couldn't quite place what it was and what it's called, but I'll remember next time.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

Oh.. trust me, me too! She was no match for Angad who was a total heartthrob at the time.😆 I'd noticed her strange way of talking back then but couldn't quite place what it was and what it's called, but I'll remember next time.  

Iqbal Khan was the hottest TV actor at his prime. Now his deep voice and acting was unmatchable.

Apparently in the show, they never used her real voice. Maybe that also is the reason why her mouth movement looked so weird? Regardless, she still had to speak in order to be dubbed over so I’ll attribute it to simply bad acting and over-exaggerated expressions 🤣 

Iqbal Khan was the hottest TV actor at his prime. Now his deep voice and acting was unmatchable.

Apparently in the show, they never used her real voice. Maybe that also is the reason why her mouth movement looked so weird? Regardless, she still had to speak in order to be dubbed over so I’ll attribute it to simply bad acting and over-exaggerated expressions 🤣 

Yeah that voice used to leave me weak-kneed and giddy too ... It was unfair to have someone looking that good and sounding that hot at the same time.☺️ Talk about sensory overload. 

Oh yeah now that you reminded me, her voice was definitely dubbed by someone else, but I think she started using her own voice afterwards.... which was a bit more bearable and more in sync. They did the same with Aamna in Kahin toh Hoga, she started off with the same girl's voice and then suddenly one day she started sounding like a completely different person with her own voice, which was far less pitched and low. I think they had this one voice actor girl assigned to dub all the girls in popular shows till she quit.😆 Could never understand the need, it's not like the actors couldn't speak the original language. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Yeah that voice used to leave me weak-kneed and giddy too ... It was unfair to have someone looking that good and sounding that hot at the same time.☺️ Talk about sensory overload. 

Oh yeah now that you reminded me, her voice was definitely dubbed by someone else, but I think she started using her own voice afterwards.... which was a bit more bearable and more in sync. They did the same with Aamna in Kahin toh Hoga, she started off with the same girl's voice and then suddenly one day she started sounding like a completely different person with her own voice, which was far less pitched and low. I think they had this one voice actor girl assigned to dub all the girls in popular shows till she quit.😆 Could never understand the need, it's not like the actors couldn't speak the original language. 

Sensory overload indeed ☺️. LMAO I remember being confused AF when Aamna went from two complete different voices overnight. Too bad Ekta didn’t dub the new Sujal’s voice because his dictation and pitch was awful 😆. 

I don’t think they dubbed the male actors voices though? It seems that only the actresses had dubbing done. I understand in Katrina’s case since she couldn’t speak Hindi but have no idea why they felt the need to do it to Hindi speaking actresses 🤨 Doesn’t it just double up the work to dub them? 🤓

Sensory overload indeed ☺️. LMAO I remember being confused AF when Aamna went from two complete different voices overnight. Too bad Ekta didn’t dub the new Sujal’s voice because his dictation and pitch was awful 😆. 

I don’t think they dubbed the male actors voices though? It seems that only the actresses had dubbing done. I understand in Katrina’s case since she couldn’t speak Hindi but have no idea why they felt the need to do it to Hindi speaking actresses 🤨 Doesn’t it just double up the work to dub them? 🤓

But you gotta admit that the new Sujal's voice sounded eerily similar to Rajiv's... I remember feeling a little unsettled and spooked out cuz I was missing Rajiv so much. 😆 

Ah .. I have no idea, honestly ... maybe they had their own internal issues with dubbing, God knows, but I've always felt a little cheated when they dub the actor's voices with someone who sounds like a different person altogether, and you're right, they only do that with female actors. Made sense for Katrina in the beginning but that still didn't stop Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya from looking like a B-grade spoof of something.😆

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

She seriously gets bashed a lot when actresses worse than her exist in Bollywood. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

But you gotta admit that the new Sujal's voice sounded eerily similar to Rajiv's... I remember feeling a little unsettled and spooked out cuz I was missing Rajiv so much. 😆 

Ah .. I have no idea, honestly ... maybe they had their own internal issues with dubbing, God knows, but I've always felt a little cheated when they dub the actor's voices with someone who sounds like a different person altogether, and you're right, they only do that with female actors. Made sense for Katrina in the beginning but that still didn't stop Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya from looking like a B-grade spoof of something.😆

Yes they did have very similar voices. I guess Ekta did one thing right seeing that she couldn’t find another actor who had the same height and build as Rajeev. She didn’t even care to hide the fact that the new Sujal had green eyes instead of brown 😆

When I first watched MPKK, I thought it was a spoof - similar to when Scary Movie was made to mock horror films. But then I realised ..... this was actually a legitimate film, which was probably produced with everyone on set being high on something surely 😆

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

She does not know how to act she should have sticked to modelling she suits that the best.

Yes they did have very similar voices. I guess Ekta did one thing right seeing that she couldn’t find another actor who had the same height and build as Rajeev. She didn’t even care to hide the fact that the new Sujal had green eyes instead of brown 😆

When I first watched MPKK, I thought it was a spoof - similar to when Scary Movie was made to mock horror films. But then I realised ..... this was actually a legitimate film, which was probably produced with everyone on set being high on something surely 😆

LOL .. in a way, it made sense that Ekta couldn't be arsed to find someone who looked even remotely similar to Rajiv ... those shoes were impossible to fill and I don't think we would have appreciated a poor man's Rajiv as a consolation prize either. 😆 Just the thought makes me shudder. 

Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya did look like a bunch of people on crack ... 🤣 Only Sush was the redeeming factor ... poor woman stuck there playing his fake wife.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

no she is a poor actor who hardly worked on her craft until recently,  but even than the end result is generic .

Edited by MujheMaarjaneDo - 3 years ago