Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Best coming-of-age story in Bollywood?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Bollywood's coming-of-age stories are replete with emotional overtones and this is a genre which is popular the world over. Which is your favourite coming-of-age story in Bollywood and why?

Here are a few examples:

Wake Up Sid

Queen

Aisha

Udaan

Dear Zindagi

My favourite is Wake up Sid because I love the way the writing and direction have coalesced into such a holistic, beautiful film which is all about evolving and becoming the best version of yourself, embracing your imperfections, and finding love.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Apu Trilogy

Lakshya

Dil Chahta Hai

Rang De Basanti

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

3 idiots 

dil chahta hai

Dear Zindagi

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Apu trilogy for sure.

All the rest mentioned here, with the exception of Udaan and possible exception of Queen, were about fully grown adults who refused to grow up. Wake Up, Sid was about a privileged yet whiny brat who seriously needed some firm-hand-to-the-backside parenting.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Gully Boy

Wake Up Sid

Lakshya

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

udaan , lakshya, wake up sid, dear zindagi

I love gippy too, its very relatable❤️

SRK saved Dear Zindagi as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else about it was that great or thought-provoking otherwise.

Queen is the best coming of age movie for me cuz her character development is very organic and it's such a fun and engaging movie from the beginning right till the end. 

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Apu trilogy for sure.

All the rest mentioned here, with the exception of Udaan and possible exception of Queen, were about fully grown adults who refused to grow up. Wake Up, Sid was about a privileged yet whiny brat who seriously needed some firm-hand-to-the-backside parenting.

College kid movies are also considered coming of age films as they are in their early 20s. Even though old people were playing the characters in 3 idiots they were college kids, Kangana was a college kid in Queen, Sid in wake up sid, dil chahta hai 3 were all college kids trying to become adults. They are as much of a coming of age film as a film like the Graduate was. 

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

People, no list of coming-of-age movies can be complete without Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar

as numero uno.

Edited by surajhere - 3 years ago
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

SRK saved Dear Zindagi as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else about it was that great or thought-provoking otherwise.

Queen is the best coming of age movie for me cuz her character development is very organic and it's such a fun and engaging movie from the beginning right till the end. 

They should have kept Katrina on board imo