Shaadi Mubarak

Trp centric tracks will NOT work for Shaadi Mubarak because.

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Shaadi Mubarak was a content show. We all know that Shaadi Mubarak's premise was progressive and not trp centric. It was a content show since its beginning and for the first 60 episodes the show was fully content. With Rajshree the show was content for 50 episodes and with Rati the show was content for 10 episodes counting youth vs millennials track with Rajshree and Rati's both contribution the color shaming track fetched 1.6 ratings and after Rati's entry youth vs millenials track fetched 1.6 ratings too. 

Afterwards the village track started which was absolutely rubbish and this track got 1.5 ratings as it dropped by 0.1 points. Then the disastrous Nandini track started and in its first week itself the show dropped to 1.3 points via the stupid drama. That moment i was screaming here saying this track wont work. Thankgod, KeerTi's marriage happened and the show came back to 1.6 but as the cvs expected this track will boosts ratings they were proved wrong because it FAILED. It didnt got 2+ because how can you expect trp tracks will work in a content show.

It failed because Shaadi Mubarak audience is quite different from the regular trp audience and why would they tolerate regressive tracks in a show that embarked its journey with a progressive thought of a middle aged woman and mother standing on her own feet. Shaadi Mubarak was about KeerTi plus Preeti establishing as a businesswoman. WHERE IS THAT ? 

How do you think the Nandini track had helped us in boosting ratings by any means. Not even a single week when in this meanwhile SM crossed above 2+ after that track. The show is getting the same ratings currently which it got during when they were showing progressive track like youth vs millenial. My point here is WHY THE WRITERS ARE NOT BRINGING UP THEIR MAIN PLOT here that is PREETI as a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSWOMAN. SHAADI MUBARAK as a successful wedding planning firm.

I was discussing about this with someone in other forum and the person told me that when a show is content show even if you add all types of typical trp tracks it wont work because the premise doesn't allow it to do so. Thus its better for the writers to come up with meaningful, progressive and modern office related tracks than all this nonsense they are planning ahead. They should show Shaadi Mubarak as an office romcom drama then only trps will boost, audience will feel that no we were wrong this show is different lets watch it, if you keep showing typical that happens in every other show in a content then it wont work.

For Eg - Sanjivani 2019 started off as a medical drama right. In its first week it got 1.3 ratings. Later on they tried to grab trp audience and the result the show is off aired. Another eg, KHKT (Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum), it was a highly modern show with 1.6 ratings at prime time but instead of focussing on the preplanned story the makers chose to grab trp audience which led them to lose their target audience. 

I hope i am clear now. πŸ™‚

Edited by Neon9 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rdrp17 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I get your point. But when everyone says that the show is about showing Preeti as a successful business woman, then they've already shown that. And even recently they organised a wedding. They're showing parallel office track now. The problem is we all are expecting  a 'Made in Heaven' kinda theme in SM ,and I guess that's not what they want to show. 

The makers are quite clear, the office track is gonna run in the background, and they will show some social and family drama alongwith the love story. 

Anyways this cancer track is upsetting but let's see how they handle it. One more reason I feel they've introduced this is bcos Shashi sumeet PH always shows tracks with some social issues and taboos. The other day I saw barrister babu promo, where they're throwing light on the stigma related to menses and their other shows also work on same themes.

Ovarian and cervical cancer are quite common these days, so maybe they've introduced this track to just show some awareness like how the colour track was shown during Rajshree's time. That's just my guess seeing the history of their shows.

Let's hope for the best😊

Edited by rdrp17 - 3 years ago
aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Neon9

Shaadi Mubarak was a content show. We all know that Shaadi Mubarak's premise was progressive and not trp centric. It was a content show since its beginning and for the first 60 episodes the show was fully content. With Rajshree the show was content for 50 episodes and with Rati the show was content for 10 episodes counting youth vs millennials track with Rajshree and Rati's both contribution the color shaming track fetched 1.6 ratings and after Rati's entry youth vs millenials track fetched 1.6 ratings too. 

Afterwards the village track started which was absolutely rubbish and this track got 1.5 ratings as it dropped by 0.1 points. Then the disastrous Nandini track started and in its first week itself the show dropped to 1.3 points via the stupid drama. That moment i was screaming here saying this track wont work. Thankgod, KeerTi's marriage happened and the show came back to 1.6 but as the cvs expected this track will boosts ratings they were proved wrong because it FAILED. It didnt got 2+ because how can you expect trp tracks will work in a content show.

It failed because Shaadi Mubarak audience is quite different from the regular trp audience and why would they tolerate regressive tracks in a show that embarked its journey with a progressive thought of a middle aged woman and mother standing on her own feet. Shaadi Mubarak was about KeerTi plus Preeti establishing as a businesswoman. WHERE IS THAT ? 

How do you think the Nandini track had helped us in boosting ratings by any means. Not even a single week when in this meanwhile SM crossed above 2+ after that track. The show is getting the same ratings currently which it got during when they were showing progressive track like youth vs millenial. My point here is WHY THE WRITERS ARE NOT BRINGING UP THEIR MAIN PLOT here that is PREETI as a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSWOMAN. SHAADI MUBARAK as a successful wedding planning firm.

I was discussing about this with someone in other forum and the person told me that when a show is content show even if you add all types of typical trp tracks it wont work because the premise doesn't allow it to do so. Thus its better for the writers to come up with meaningful, progressive and modern office related tracks than all this nonsense they are planning ahead. They should show Shaadi Mubarak as an office romcom drama then only trps will boost, audience will feel that no we were wrong this show is different lets watch it, if you keep showing typical that happens in every other show in a content then it wont work.

For Eg - Sanjivani 2019 started off as a medical drama right. In its first week it got 1.3 ratings. Later on they tried to grab trp audience and the result the show is off aired. Another eg, KHKT (Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum), it was a highly modern show with 1.6 ratings at prime time but instead of focussing on the preplanned story the makers chose to grab trp audience which led them to lose their target audience. 

This is a brilliant and well-written analysis.

Arko1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: rdrp17

I get your point. But when everyone says that the show is about showing Preeti as a successful business woman, then they've already shown that. And even recently they organised a wedding. They're showing parallel office track now. The problem is we all are expecting  a 'Made in Heaven' kinda theme in SM ,and I guess that's not what they want to show. 

The makers are quite clear, the office track is gonna run in the background, and they will show some social and family drama alongwith the love story. 

Anyways this cancer track is upsetting but let's see how they handle it. One more reason I feel they've introduced this is bcos Shashi sumeet PH always shows tracks with some social issues and taboos. The other day I saw barrister babu promo, where they're throwing light on the stigma related to menses and their other shows also work on same themes.

Ovarian and cervical cancer are quite common these days, so maybe they've introduced this track to just show some awareness like how the colour track was shown during Rajshree's time. That's just my guess seeing the history of their shows.

Let's hope for the best😊

@BOLD And here is the glitch. Preeti cannot be a successsful business woman in such a short period. They will have to show this in an eloborate process. They will have to show it on tv how she is handling the official stuff single handedly. I think yeah you're correct we all wanna see 'Made In Heaven' tv version in SM and i feel thats what they should actually do otherwise there wont be any difference between typical shows and SM. Office track is there but almost negligible to eyes, it should be more like KT Preeti's confession track were office track got a lot of light. Instead of moving stuff always around KeerTi they should also give lil screen space to the employees of SM too. Like some newbies (popular faces of television) who had joined the firm etc, a little light to their lives etc. Workers are family too for a business firm. They cannot only revolve the show around KeerTi always otherwise there wont be any growth in ratings. πŸ™‚ We will any how get KeerTi scenes so i am not at all worried for that but i want SM as a show to develop progressively. Writers should be more exploring the office story rather than the family drama because audience of SM is not trp centric, they wont like family drama they will family fun moments, office and romance dynamics more. No doubt we are getting good romance but what about office na.

@BOLD Ovarian cancer could be common but this track looks good on typical tv shows not on Shaadi Mubarak and KeerTi had just confessed their love so i was expecting more of them in the background of office. This track may boost ratings to 1.8 or 1.9 but very hard to say it will cross above 2+. Even in KHKT when ML got virus they shown it with all the emotions but the ratings didnt increased much because audience didnt wanted to see that, they hoped for togetherness. Sadly i can see the same kinda stuff repeating here too thats why i am saying writers should bring joyful and progressive tracks more than these emotional tracks. Wouldn't we all like to see a week more of light hearted scenes after this confession track than this depressing cancer track. πŸ˜­

Edited by Neon9 - 3 years ago
rdrp17 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@BOLD And here is the glitch. Preeti cannot be a successsful business woman in such a short period. They will have to show this in an eloborate process. They will have to show it on tv how she is handling the official stuff single handedly. I think yeah you're correct we all wanna see 'Made In Heaven' tv version in SM and i feel thats what they should actually do otherwise there wont be any difference between typical shows and SM. Office track is there but almost negligible to eyes, it should be more like KT Preeti's confession track were office track got a lot of light. Instead of moving stuff always around KeerTi they should also give lil screen space to the employees of SM too. Like some newbies (popular faces of television) who had joined the firm etc, a little light to their lives etc. Workers are family too for a business firm. They cannot only revolve the show around KeerTi always otherwise there wont be any growth in ratings. πŸ™‚ We will any how get KeerTi scenes so i am not at all worried for that but i want SM as a show to develop progressively. Writers should be more exploring the office story rather than the family drama because audience of SM is not trp centric, they wont like family drama they will family fun moments, office and romance dynamics more. No doubt we are getting good romance but what about office na.

@BOLD Ovarian cancer could be common but this track looks good on typical tv shows not on Shaadi Mubarak and KeerTi had just confessed their love so i was expecting more of them in the background of office. This track may boost ratings to 1.8 or 1.9 but very hard to say it will cross above 2+. Even in KHKT when ML got virus they shown it with all the emotions but the ratings didnt increased much because audience didnt wanted to see that, they hoped for togetherness. Sadly i can see the same kinda stuff repeating here too thats why i am saying writers should bring joyful and progressive tracks more than these emotional tracks. Wouldn't we all like to see a week more of light hearted scenes after this confession track than this depressing cancer track. πŸ˜­

Definitely. Even I wanted to see some light hearted and good romantic and emotional scenes between KeerTi. I'm totally not in favour of this cancer track. Its too depressing.

And regarding Made in heaven theme.. I've given up on that long back. They're not gonna be that experimental as per their record. They'll resort to tracks which have drama quotient unfortunately.

But I still have some hope from SM, cos they don't always follow the typical route except Nandini track.

Though the latest wedding that they organised had glimpses of MIH. I mean they getting personal with the clients and their stories almost running parallel. That was kind of refreshing. 

But like I said I don't expect them to take the complete unconventional route of story telling. Due to trp pressure they'll keep resorting back to dramatic storylines

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

For me the show ended on the day of kt preeti marriage.

It should have been the climax of the show. The show was about how preeti will become successful business woman and kt who is immature, impulsive will learn from preeti. Both will learn something from each other in between the parellel tracka of different clients and keerTi solving their problems and managing their shaadi. And they would have fallen in love in between and at the end have gotten married.

But CVS made it just another shitty family drama with all the sautan tadka with nandini. It was pathetic. No matter how much progressive they portray their show but itv turns every show into same regressive saas bahu drama.

They just cant think beyond family drama.

SwatchColor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The writer seems to be trying out new things to save the trp but there are other tracks to go for instead of cancer and that too on Preeti. Poor woman has suffered enough and adding this is like ending her character. It would've been nice to see something happening to KT but then again the Nandini track was about him and it was dragged soo long that there trying to make the emotions and drama that happened then, to happen with Preeti. Wasn't the "fake love" from KT, when Nandini's track ended, enough? So basically there flipping every track so that whatever happened to one it will also happen to the other but in a different matter. This is what I think, what about you guys?

Sarcastic_me thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

They know what dey r doing tbh, shashi sumeet production is not new to dis field. You r talking  about. For trp dey know what is required. 

You r talking about 1.6 trp nly. I huv seen dem them taking show from 1.1 to 2.3 . So dey know what what will bring trp. Dat also in early evening slot

But it also depends how much connection preeti n keertan made with audience. Itv is character driven n not actor driven. Most of them don't even know d real name of actors also.Trp Audience don't analysis track, performance, symbolism dey just watch for entertainment. Dat's y most of in depth written shows don't fetch trp. 

Prime example ppl still call rati as nupur n remember her as dat just because ppl connected to dat character .

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Bechain_Bulbul

For me the show ended on the day of kt preeti marriage.

It should have been the climax of the show. The show was about how preeti will become successful business woman and kt who is immature, impulsive will learn from preeti. Both will learn something from each other in between the parellel tracka of different clients and keerTi solving their problems and managing their shaadi. And they would have fallen in love in between and at the end have gotten married.

But CVS made it just another shitty family drama with all the sautan tadka with nandini. It was pathetic. No matter how much progressive they portray their show but itv turns every show into same regressive saas bahu drama.

They just cant think beyond family drama.

Underline - exactly - I would love to watch that ...

@ bold - for me too.

It was so abrupt and not necessary at the point.... 

If they want to show romance and weddings for trp sake, could have done with kusum's daughter side story or clients short stories on side ... 

I was hoping to see preeti's journey..... after that much mental/social/emotional torture, it is not possible for anyone to get that successful/confident in a month and get married to business partner... without love !!!!!!!

I would love to watch:

preeti's strugle with the help of kusum ... and eventually KT starting to be serious about business...

(not that stXXXX condition thingy and winning magical contract..) gradual success & gradual emotional attachment to KT would be more entertaining...

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: A4Anjie

Underline - exactly - I would love to watch that ...

@ bold - for me too.

It was so abrupt and not necessary at the point.... 

If they want to show romance and weddings for trp sake, could have done with kusum's daughter side story or clients short stories on side ... 

I was hoping to see preeti's journey..... after that much mental/social/emotional torture, it is not possible for anyone to get that successful/confident in a month and get married to business partner... without love !!!!!!!

I would love to watch:

preeti's strugle with the help of kusum ... and eventually KT starting to be serious about business...

(not that stXXXX condition thingy and winning magical contract..) gradual success & gradual emotional attachment to KT would be more entertaining...

The whole twist of keerTi marriage was so abrupt and weird that it took away the soul of the show. 

The characterisation of both the leads completely changed and become worse by the day.

I dont believe they wanted to show romance thats why they decided for keerTi marriage because there were thousands of tracks through which they could have shown romance. The real reason is cvs are so dumb and stupid and lazy that they didn't want to do any work, didn't want to use their brain for some creative purpose, they just used age old regressive sautan, saas bahu, compromise marriage track and ruined the show.