Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago
Originally posted by: Meena_J

this silent treatment is the overall cause of chaos in their family...silent treatment of becoming accustomed to dp's treatment particularly by kusum & sp for the past several years...while kusum would forget the situation so she's gotten used to the silent treatment, sp wasnt oblivious but rather in denial & allowed dp to rebuke him for his culinary skills for a very long time...the girls grew up witnessing dp's treatment towards their mother...similarly, for puttu's case, he has grown up witnessing his father be meek thus the concept of him becoming "goat puttu" or bkra to the silent treatment...

no wonder why ppl reiterate the old adage, "silence is a deadly weapon" for years

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

this silent treatment is the overall cause of chaos in their family...silent treatment of becoming accustomed to dp's treatment particularly by kusum & sp for the past several years...while kusum would forget the situation so she's gotten used to the silent treatment, sp wasnt oblivious but rather in denial & allowed dp to rebuke him for his culinary skills for a very long time...the girls grew up witnessing dp's treatment towards their mother...similarly, for puttu's case, he has grown up witnessing his father be meek thus the concept of him becoming "goat puttu" or bkra to the silent treatment...

no wonder why ppl reiterate the old adage, "silence is a deadly weapon" for years

There is a phrase One Silence Excuses many Hurdles. They are following this , they never speak for their own daughters but they humiliate them and made them feel Orphan ! Why they behaves so step kinda I am not getting can't they see the emotions inside them ?? Yesterday susheela wanted to cry while reciting her dreams but as she said the word it was my dream and I couldn't do because I had fever ....She was in dilemma which Nobody can understand what's going on the twin currently. 

Garima as an elder doesn't want her younger twin to go through that is why twins bond are stronger than anyone else.

They both are so attached that Pramod felt that bond. It's high time they shouldn't treat them as liability rather as daughters . They just wanted love and respect which they have never got . 

There is definitely something about the twin upbringing and the way they are brought up. How come they never share with their mom ...

dhun.laagi thumbnail

Originally posted by: rinki_99

this episode was so well executed. the vulnerability shown by both twins hit me right in the gut. they were upset and alone. but then mini sweeps in to keep them grounded and for once Garima didn't have to bear the burden of handling everything on her own. these three strong women doing the walk of fame was bliss. I love how she came at the right moment, when they were going to have an argument which could have had them not communicate with each other and end up implementing plans that wont work at all and would have made things worse. 

I really loved that scene and the one that followed next. mini telling off the ruhail's of their treatment towards their own daughters was so good. As an outsider, Mini has a more clear perspective on how they are looking to the common man too, so it was easier for her to tell them the truth without having to worry about the impact on whether the family likes it or not. 

its a scene like this that make me feel really bad for not just the kids but Kusum Ji as well. I get that she was worried about her husband. but when your short-tempered child just stormed out, you would want to follow and make sure he or she doesn't do something they would regret later. unfortunately, here Kusum Ji was suck between two hard places. the kind of environment she lives in has conditioned her response to always be a husband first. it's sad but true. this very thing has slowly but surely created emotional dissonance between the twins and their mother.

Unfortunately, it is the truth in a lot of households, where the mother is sandwiched between her husband and kids, and is not able to make a choice coz she loves both. Add to that, Kusum having a tendency to forget, and the girls dont feel comfortable talking to her honestly anymore. 

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually, mini takes priority over Kusum Ji in the future. because like someone mentioned earlier, they are humans first. 

As a mentor, most definitely. But as a mother, they will still have their own over others ðŸ˜³

dhun.laagi thumbnail

TBH, it is one of those phases also wherein she has to chose her husband vs her children depending on the scenario she has become accustomed. That's why in one of the earlier episodes when Kusum was telling Chanchal about her situation had the girls been in love with Gunnu and Sattu thus the tug-of-war scenario. It's quite common in certain families wherein the spouse feels divided between their spouse and their children or the matter of fact when children get asked to choose between their parents. Quite evidently, the dysfunctional dilemma is prevalent in this family. 

It is the reality of many Indian households even today where if the father says something it is patthar ki lakeer and you cannot question it. Also Kusum got so overwhelmed with such situations early on in her marriage (evidentally) so started forgetting stuff, which made it difficult for her daughters to completely rely on her. DP has treated the girls as if they are burdens to be given away and sometimes his speech is also very insulting. The love the girls want has been missing from the parents. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

this silent treatment is the overall cause of chaos in their family...silent treatment of becoming accustomed to dp's treatment particularly by kusum & sp for the past several years...while kusum would forget the situation so she's gotten used to the silent treatment, sp wasnt oblivious but rather in denial & allowed dp to rebuke him for his culinary skills for a very long time...the girls grew up witnessing dp's treatment towards their mother...similarly, for puttu's case, he has grown up witnessing his father be meek thus the concept of him becoming "goat puttu" or bkra to the silent treatment...no wonder why ppl reiterate the old adage, "silence is a deadly weapon" for years

Indeed, this is the truth ðŸ¤”

rinki_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

TBH, it is one of those phases also wherein she has to chose her husband vs her children depending on the scenario she has become accustomed. That's why in one of the earlier episodes when Kusum was telling Chanchal about her situation had the girls been in love with Gunnu and Sattu thus the tug-of-war scenario. It's quite common in certain families wherein the spouse feels divided between their spouse and their children or the matter of fact when children get asked to choose between their parents. Quite evidently, the dysfunctional dilemma is prevalent in this family. 

agreed. that's why I dont blame her either. I just feel bad for them. as i am speaking from experience, I know it takes a toll on both parties.

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

It is the reality of many Indian households even today where if the father says something it is patthar ki lakeer and you cannot question it. Also Kusum got so overwhelmed with such situations early on in her marriage (evidentally) so started forgetting stuff, which made it difficult for her daughters to completely rely on her. DP has treated the girls as if they are burdens to be given away and sometimes his speech is also very insulting. The love the girls want has been missing from the parents. 

I think, not just Indian households, but in general households around the world where the eldest male/males have the ultimate say in finalizing decision, especially when it comes to wedding off young maidens of the house as if they rely onto his support as opposed to giving them a chance. DP is heavily blinded in his own belief that he won't allow one chance for them to operate the K&S shop --- I wouldn't be surprised that once he starts seeing profit, he'll be like he doesn't desire for his daughters' salary. 

Yep, she is overwhelmed quite early thereby moving on & never thinking about it --- sometimes, I doubt she has amnesia but rather her behavior makes it seem to others as if she has amnesia. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

There is definitely something about the twin upbringing and the way they are brought up. How come they never share with their mom ...

they probably didnt share it bc

-she forgets it and telling her would be futile in some context as they know she would tell them to think from dp's perspective as she's seeing the world from his eyes for years...as a wife, probably she's supporting her husband even if the perception is wrong but her children are habitual to her perspective that it would be nothing new out of the blue...thereby they share majority of their feelings together ...nobody except puttu would listen to them...they would communicate through puttu about their desires to dp as gunnu and sattu...communication is practically a sleeping beauty in this family for years whereas silence/dp's ultimatum is soaring high...

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago