Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Miss India goes for Miss World bcoz of Aishwarya 'n Priyanka

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Earlier Miss World was second to Miss Universe competition but for few years India sends Miss India winner to Miss World competition, not Miss Universe. 

I think it is because of Aishwarya and Priyanka who are most successful Miss India runner-up who became Miss World. 

So the appeal for Miss World competition is more than Miss Universe in India. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AlexGater thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

In 2010, Femina Miss India relinquished its exclusive right to send the representative to Miss Universe, and Tantra Entertainment Private limited, in collaboration with former Miss Universe and Bollywood actress Sushmita Sen, organized the pageant in the same year.

Femina Miss India started crowning three winners as Femina Miss India World, Femina Miss India Earth and Femina Miss India International. The third winner represents India in Miss International pageant.

After the 2012 Miss Universe Pageant, Sushmita Sen and Tantra entertainment announced they would be relinquishing the license for Miss Universe, but have not officially stated whether "I Am She" will continue to be held.

I AM She – Miss Universe India, sent the contestants to Miss Universe from year 2010 to 2012.

In 2013, Femina Miss India was awarded the franchise back after I AM She – Miss Universe India concluded their contract with the Miss Universe Organization. A separate pageant Miss Diva is held to send delegates from 2013 onwards.

Edited by AlexGater - 3 years ago