Accent in the Show

Sera-high123 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I watched the episodes and I think this show has huge potential. Both the leads are gorgeous but in my opinion I will like it more if the ML can change his accent a bit and work on his dialogue delivery. The FL doesn't have any accent , its only the ML who has it. I would love if he changes it and usees some Telugu words here there in sentences. That would be much better and will help us to connect to him more. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChulbuliRao thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

i think that the idea to cast him was to be inclusive. all we have is north delhi accent.hyderbadi people speak like that...sadly we can't speak a word of their language.  why should we expect everyone to speak in up delhi type accent. he is a telugu actor and he is supposed to speak like that. 

i find him quite hot and he is going to wear trademark lingi too very soon...

i think if we give him time his accent too will grow on us..

Sera-high123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chullbulli

i think that the idea to cast him was to be inclusive. all we have is north delhi accent.hyderbadi people speak like that...sadly we can't speak a word of their language.  why should we expect everyone to speak in up delhi type accent. he is a telugu actor and he is supposed to speak like that. 

i find him quite hot and he is going to wear trademark lingi too very soon...

i think if we give him time his accent too will grow on us..

I didn't mean to offend anyone 😊. It was just my opinion. I understand he is a Telegu actor but at the end of the say its a hindi tv show. There are many shows on Indian Television where the actors are playing Gujrati, Marathi, Bihari, Tamil, Bengali characters but they don't have an accent because its a hindi show.

I will love to see him in lungi and I am looking forward to see how they will show the Hyderabadi culture❤️.

-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

The difference here is that he is playing a Telugu character living in Hyderabad. So as an actor he is expected to have that accent when speaking to be authentic unlike other hindi shows where other than using a few words in another language the actors don't appear to have anything to do with that culture. 

The only other time I have seen accents be used well in Hindi tv shows is for a Punjabi or Haryanvi accent. Sometimes they do well with Marathi too given the exposure the actors usually have living in Delhi and Mumbai areas. But its nice to see influence outside of that. 

This is actually the difference in this show that makes it attractive. 

Edited by -JC- - 3 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I am finding the male lead to be a bit raw and more like trying to play the character v hard i guess with time this will ease out and he will be more natural with it while the female lead is very natural to begin with n kind of pretty too. 

prietyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I did not see much of an accent in the first 2 episodes ... even though the ML is from Hyderabad , I think he is pretty good with Hindi as I heard he was born and went to college in  pune or some Hindi dominated state . But the thing here is that they are making him use heavy hyderabadi  accent on purpose. Which I think is not how he actually speaks Hindi. It was fine the first couple of episodes , then they changed it suddenly 

As much as I like him and Iam a telugu girl myself , I still find it a little off when he uses heavy hyderbadi accent . 

shagun_sarun thumbnail

I think, the character requires it, thats why we see the accent.

Because, what I have heard, SKR is fluent in telugu (father's side), marathi (mom's side), hindi and also knows a bit of tamil.

ChulbuliRao thumbnail

sorry dear, i know u didnt mean to offend... actually some of his words sound odd to mee too...but  ...his frown lines, stare..is a killer..i am sure u like that too

Originally posted by: Sera-high123

I didn't mean to offend anyone 😊. It was just my opinion. I understand he is a Telegu actor but at the end of the say its a hindi tv show. There are many shows on Indian Television where the actors are playing Gujrati, Marathi, Bihari, Tamil, Bengali characters but they don't have an accent because its a hindi show.

I will love to see him in lungi and I am looking forward to see how they will show the Hyderabadi culture❤️.

ChulbuliRao thumbnail

i am too focussed on his dole shole actually...😛
kitne dino baad angry young man dikha hai tv pe... usipe concentrate karna haiQUOTE=prietyp]

I did not see much of an accent in the first 2 episodes ... even though the ML is from Hyderabad , I think he is pretty good with Hindi as I heard he was born and went to college in  pune or some Hindi dominated state . But the thing here is that they are making him use heavy hyderabadi  accent on purpose. Which I think is not how he actually speaks Hindi. It was fine the first couple of episodes , then they changed it suddenly 

As much as I like him and Iam a telugu girl myself , I still find it a little off when he uses heavy hyderbadi accent . 

[/QUOTE]

Sera-high123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chullbulli

i am too focussed on his dole shole actually...😛
kitne dino baad angry young man dikha hai tv pe... usipe concentrate karna haiQUOTE=prietyp]

[/QUOTE]

Excatly that is what I was trying to say. His accent is going on and off. Sometime it's there sometimes it isn't. 

Dole shole toh is too good 🔥🔥🔥