Suggestions / Comments

NEW FEATURE: User Badges

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi All,

We are excited to launch User Badges feature. Badges are tied into accomplishments or various activities, and they are something a user aspires to attain and has to earn. At the same time, it identifies that user as someone who has achieved a certain level of activity and made contribution to the growth of India Forums and showcases this achievement to other users. 

I am sure by now you all must have noticed the new shiny badges under several users as we have processed all the past activities and assigned badges accordingly. 😊

And we are starting with we have the following badges:

Anniversary: You get a new badge on completing each year. They are going to be awarded once you are in the Goldie or above level.

Group Promotions: We will be giving a badge for each group level promotion. For non-ladder groups we are still working.

Engager: You get this badge when one of your topic gets over 50/100/250/500+ participants.

Fascinator: You get this badge if a single post of yours gets over 100/250/500 likes.

Commentator: This badge is given on reaching certain number of comments in News Articles / Fan fiction chapters / Videos.

There will be more badges that we will add to the system soon, like contest winners, fan fiction writers, movie reviewers, etc. 

We will soon be moving to the new Karma Point system where we have points for most of the activities on the site and not just based on Post count and user will be classified into Bronze / Silver / Gold / Platinum / Diamond levels. Will share more details soon.

Some of the badges will be reworked based on the feedback we get.

Update:

We will soon be adding the Badges under your name in Private Message, Comments and User Profile also.

Cheers,

Vijay

Edited by vijay - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

Some of the badges that are in the works and are coming soon are :

Member of the Month / Year

- Most comments (will have word restriction to eliminate +1 type comments)

- Most posts (will have word count to eliminate +1 posts)

- User who has received most reactions on posts

- User who have liked most number of posts

- User who have liked most number of comments

- Most number of Hot Topics

- Most popular fan fiction

Movie Reviewers

Banner contest winners

Frequent Flyers : For members who visit the site daily for 7 / 30 / 365  days . 

We request members also to suggest us more badge ideas... 

Edited by vijay - 3 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

It's awesome, Vijay Sir! 🥳

Thank you so much for making valuable changes in IF in order to make it interesting for all of us! 🤗

WildestDreams thumbnail

The badges are looking very great!⭐️

Very well done by you and tech team👏

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Awesome feature👍🏼

I'm sure members would love this😎

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

My badge says am an achiever which I was but the level next to my username shows it is addictz so what is it actually and plz fix that 

Koeli thumbnail

I was waiting for this vijay... badges are looking amazing. I am sure all the users are gonna like is so much. 

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

This is really cool! ⭐️

Amazing work by the team 👏

Avid_reader104 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome features just love it thanks 🙂
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
These badges look amazing! Can't wait to achieve more! <3