Open Letter to CVs - Mogar/Kiranbala and a Natural Storyline Please

Posted: 3 years ago

Hello CVs (and members of this forum),

I recently finished catching up on the show and I am writing this open letter to the CVs with the hopes that they will listen to their viewers and logical reasoning. Everyone is welcome to contribute, this is just my 2 cents.

As the title indicates, I'm writing this letter to get rid of 2 highly unnecessary characters - Mogar and Kiranbala. And here I provide my reasons.

Natural enemies - Not every show needs forced antagonists. KUDCA has several natural enemies. First is the fight to break free - not just independence in the broader sense, but independence for women. Amrit, Vashma, and Radha all have dreams and aspirations. But they are bound by societal norms that they are attempting to change and break-free of. Focus on this struggle. Religious differences. The partition was a time of religious differences. Strong religious differences. With a couple like Vashma and Uday's there is a lot to focus on in terms of this religious difference, especially where the families claim to be best of friends but the eldest sons are clashing because of religion. The partition. We've all heard the stories and seen them in the entertainment industry. Riots, massive rallies, bloodshed, etc. The partition is the biggest enemy of all these characters.

Natural misunderstandings - There are 2 types of MUs. The type that an antagonist brings about and are quite stupid in nature. And the natural misunderstandings. Let's look at something that just happened. Brij and Radha chose the day of Brij's first wife's barsi to hold their own haavan for a brighter future. Brij forgot about what day it was, which happens when someone is finally beginning to move on in life. He hasn't forgotten his first wife, he just is finally moving on from that sadness. Radha is an innocent soul who probably didn't even understand what a barsi was, but understood that she had erred greatly. And Uday assumed that Brij doesn't care for his first wife anymore. This was a natural misunderstanding. We assume things about each other all the time. We forgot about things all the time. Sometimes we don't even understand something and yet understand that we made a mistake. This was natural. But what Mogar and Kiranbala are doing with Randhir and Amrit is not natural. They are bringing in stupid misunderstandings.

Omnipresence - One thing that has been stinging me since the first episode is that Mogar is omnipresent. Literally anywhere there is a problem to cause, she will be there to cause a problem. This is only typical of ITV antagonists and this show does not need such an antagonist. We don't need kitchen politics, we need realism.

Now I understand the background of Mogar. She has years of pent up rage and frustrations. She has built up a wall of misunderstandings that is now causing her to lash out. Such characters are realistic, but the way she has been made into an "antagonist" instead of a naturally frustrated and mean character is wrong. Mogar should be sarcastic and rude. She should lash out at anyone and everyone. She should have a sharp tongue that stings people, but that her family chooses to overlook. Maybe I have a narrow view of such people, but I have seen my fair share of such people and they are frustrated and lonely people who lash out, not plan and plot to cause troubles in other people's lives. Mogar - and by extension Kiranbala - are being made into these antagonists who just love to cause troubles in people's lives to give themselves some relief. But most such people aren't like this. They are the type who make a mountain out of a molehill. They are the "mohalle ki auntiyan" who always have their nose in your business and exaggerate the smallest of things. You say "hello" to a guy and they make it sound like you were kissing him. Your dupatta falls off your shoulder because you bent over and they make it sound like you were stripping on the street.

My plea to the CVs is to either get rid of Mogar and Kiranbala as we see them now or change their characterization a bit. Don't make this show into the regular antagonist vs protagonist show. Don't make it about kitchen politics. You have a great story here. A story with realistic characters and a realistic plot. Something that everyone can connect to. Please leave it natural.

Thank you,

Shreya

A concerned viewer

Edited by Minionite - 3 years ago

One small correction her name is KiranBala... A much needed post ๐Ÿ‘ Thank you so much for THIS โค๏ธ

Originally posted by A_for_Arpita

One small correction her name is KiranBala... A much needed post ๐Ÿ‘ Thank you so much for THIS โค๏ธ

Woops. I was watching an epi of Mahabharat yesterday and Krishna stuck in my mind. ๐Ÿ˜† Fixed.

Originally posted by Minionite

Woops. I was watching an epi of Mahabharat yesterday and Krishna stuck in my mind. ๐Ÿ˜† Fixed.

Mahabharata  Happens ๐Ÿ˜† Those lyrics of KUDCA song "Main Meera Ki Ibaadat, Tu Gita Ka Kanhaiya" gives different vibes โค๏ธ

A much needed and well written post Shreya๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

But I guess Mogar is here to stay๐Ÿค” 

Hi shreya

Well said๐Ÿ‘

Mogar and kb are unwanted addition to the storyline... There are enough problems already in the lives of the protagonists... The barsi pooja scene as you said was all about natural misunderstandings... All that mogar was doing was add fuel to the fire.... No purpose served there... Mogar being present everywhere is unrealistic... She witnesses everything and use it to create problems... Her entire life is devoted on these petty politics.... Such an unrealistic character is not needed in a realistic show like this. 

I remember you as mod of yudkbh forum... That show ran for more tham 100 episodes without any permanent antagonists... This show being from the same PH should take notice of this. 

On point๐Ÿ‘ This exact part feels unnecessary in the storyline. They already have many issues to focus on, so why add these bits which are an integral part of every serial๐Ÿ˜ต

Originally posted by VioletOrchid123

Hi shreya

Well said๐Ÿ‘

Mogar and kb are unwanted addition to the storyline... There are enough problems already in the lives of the protagonists... The barsi pooja scene as you said was all about natural misunderstandings... All that mogar was doing was add fuel to the fire.... No purpose served there... Mogar being present everywhere is unrealistic... She witnesses everything and use it to create problems... Her entire life is devoted on these petty politics.... Such an unrealistic character is not needed in a realistic show like this. 

I remember you as mod of yudkbh forum... That show ran for more tham 100 episodes without any permanent antagonists... This show being from the same PH should take notice of this. 

Yes YUDKBH was all about natural relations and problems. I think the PH listened to viewers and fans there. Hopefully they will listen to us here as well.

I fully agree with you they should not make it a ekta dragfest show

Mogar and kiran should be thrown out of the show

Edited by poojaaggarwal08 - 3 years ago

Apt post indeed ๐Ÿ‘ Rab Rab Aunty (what Mogar is called on the forum) and Kiranbala/KB are characters who stretch the narrative and have too much footage too. But since they are the primary antagonists along with Abrar, it is difficult to discard them from the story. 

We do have an alternative theory though: If we can get KB and Abrar/Sharfu married, and ship them off to Antartica with Mogar, maybe we can be saved from them ๐Ÿ˜† 

Hope this makes you laugh and welcome to the forum Shreya ๐Ÿค—