Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kabhi18 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Kaira_123

Maybe but compared to Naira, he has always suffered more. I don’t think anything can be compared to mourning your wife for 5 years and being kept away from your child for this long. He tried to take his life for god’s sake. 

I don’t want to get into the details but Naira’s sufferings had mainly been her own doing because she chose to run away every single time. 

If Kartik was toxic for her, she was toxic for him, herself and their son. It was always her way or the highway. Kartik was never allowed to have an opinion because Naira, the Sherni, couldn’t take anyone speaking against her. 

Lol I don't think Karthik assuming that Naira was cheating on him was her doing. The running away part was, yes, but not that assumption. & also, Karthik is the same with the "my way or the highway" lol. Think about it. One of the reasons that Naira is disliked is because she's more outspoken than a typical FL that people are used to - the one that remains quiet when her husband/in-laws say something. It says a little about the expectations people hold for FLs and is kind of sad honestly. I'm not a Naira fan either, I just think both of them are equally stupid. 

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Kabhi18

I disagree. Karthik has, often times, suffered due to his OWN mistakes as well. He's not just a flawed character, but hella toxic as well.

I won't disagree with you there, except when niara made mistakes she was justified by writers or her mistakes were glossed over, whereas in karthik's case majority of the times if he made a mistake he had to suffer and strive for forgiveness from naira. 

Kaira_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Lol I don't think Karthik assuming that Naira was cheating on him was her doing. The running away part was, yes, but not that assumption. & also, Karthik is the same with the "my way or the highway" lol. Think about it. One of the reasons that Naira is disliked is because she's more outspoken than a typical FL that people are used to - the one that remains quiet when her husband/in-laws say something. It says a little about the expectations people hold for FLs and is kind of sad honestly. I'm not a Naira fan either, I just think both of them are equally stupid. 

Reiterating my previous point, Kartik has made mistakes, huge ones like the character questioning but he has suffered the consequences. 

Being questioned wasn't Naira's choice, but choosing to pretend being dead, staying away from her brother & grandmothers, risking her child's life were her own doings. 

Like Sammy said, Naira's mistakes are glossed over by the cvs, just because she's the FL and FLs can never be wrong. 

As for Naira being outspoken, I have no problem with that but I definitely have a problem with her dialogues and tone. People might not agree but every time Naira is shown preaching to everyone around her, she has this smug kinda look and her tone is the I know it all types that it makes it difficult to connect to the character. 

The over glorification of the character spoilt it for many people because nowadays we do enjoy watching more realistic characters, who make mistakes, own up to them and move on. There's no realism to someone who just can't be wrong. 

As for both being stupid, they definitely are, both can give each other a run for their money when it comes to their shortcomings but the original topic was about how Kartik's character has more impact compared to Naira. 

Kabhi18 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kaira_123

Reiterating my previous point, Kartik has made mistakes, huge ones like the character questioning but he has suffered the consequences. 

Being questioned wasn't Naira's choice, but choosing to pretend being dead, staying away from her brother & grandmothers, risking her child's life were her own doings. 

Like Sammy said, Naira's mistakes are glossed over by the cvs, just because she's the FL and FLs can never be wrong. 

As for Naira being outspoken, I have no problem with that but I definitely have a problem with her dialogues and tone. People might not agree but every time Naira is shown preaching to everyone around her, she has this smug kinda look and her tone is the I know it all types that it makes it difficult to connect to the character. 

The over glorification of the character spoilt it for many people because nowadays we do enjoy watching more realistic characters, who make mistakes, own up to them and move on. There's no realism to someone who just can't be wrong. 

As for both being stupid, they definitely are, both can give each other a run for their money when it comes to their shortcomings but the original topic was about how Kartik's character has more impact compared to Naira. 

I simply don't think that's true. Naira has suffered the consequences of her actions and has been constantly reminded of her mistakes by the characters in the show. But yes, she is put on this weird ass pedestal where she is untouchable. 🤢 

She is glorified, undoubtedly, but she is also mocked for being glorified - again - by the very same characters. It's all a joke tbh. 🤣

janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Naira is also a doormat like every other FL. Her sherni avatar comes out only when preaching to others. The moment it is about herself, she takes the most easy way out, i.e., to run away. Karthik at least had the dignity and sensibility to not run away and face the mess he created. If Karthik is toxic, Naira is also equally toxic. Like some said, Karthik always gets called out for his mistakes. Yes, the punishment is less most times. But at least people acknowledge that he has made mistakes. But with Naira, it has always been that "Naira can never be wrong". "Naira is perfect" blah blah blah. And that is absolute bullshit. Naira has also made many mistakes. But none of them were pointed out or corrected.

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

🔼 So much of this!

Characters & fans equally forgave/defended Naira faking her death because Kartik dare ask if she's sleeping around.

Like.. Congratulations on forever traumatizing two families & an innocent child because your husband hurt your ego. It's not like she wasn't lusting after him even after 5 years of separation & didn't run right back into his arms. They basically had an extramarital. What was the point, then?

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

One of the reasons that Naira is disliked is because she's more outspoken than a typical FL that people are used to

Are we really gonna act like Naira wasn't a total doormat for her husband & in-laws 😂 

Kabhi18 thumbnail

Originally posted by: usernameyrkkh

Are we really gonna act like Naira wasn't a total doormat for her husband & in-laws 😂 

Lol yeah, she was smh. Her character is written so poorly because it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's all over the place.

Priya_shah thumbnail

+1

Even though I wud have a soft corner for kaira, but naira as an individual character had become annoying, specially post 5yr leap.

Though both characters have their own flaws n sometimes not even realistic, still I wud miss kartik, if he is not on d show. Yes, Kartik kairav scenes r actually cute n genuinely feels for them. Infact, I wud really want writers to put in more focus on their bonding, than others.

Kartik has got lot more variations n even if it is a normal scene, there's some kinda diff Mohsin tries to bring into d scene.That wasn't d same for naira. I used to like her when she wasnt shown as dis abla naari or wud actually speak up against goenkas. But later, they turned her into dis glorified mahaan FL who acts as if she knows everything. They really shud have  mellowed down her crying. And funnily, naira had become this social service person who lectures every1 except never stands up for herself, when needed. I couldn't even connect to d recent track where kairav hated naira. The union didn't really feel anything. 

Ppl today like realistic flawed main chars than d perfect fls. There was no modulation from naira, n yes somewhat felt dominating and I know it all vibes. In dat sense, sirat though, they started her story as a loud char, after few epis was much better. But now, again they r doing d same mistake of putting her pov as right and all others as wrong.

And ya, I still feel, kaira shud have gotten a gud closure n then continue d story opp. new FL, who actually cud play strong opposite Kartik. It wud have given a msg as well. But I don't think fans wud accept this.

Now, d show doesn't really have depth n looks like any other TV soap. And infact I was kinda disappointed that the makers put d whole effort only on boxing n sirat n glorification of naira. They cud have put more emphasis on Kartik n his kids as well. I miss singhaniyas on d show to be honest. Akshara atleast got a proper closure. But main character like naitik, shud have gotten back. They added more depth to d show than what it is now. 

Anyway, d one liked frm d new chars is maudi. Her scenes wid sirat r cute.

rheaseth thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Agree totally. I'm actually liking mohsin aarambh chemistry. I am disappointed that they r not showing it enough. 

They had turned naira into some goddess, which despite her flaws was more glorified compared to Kartik, specially in recent ones.

And that lecturing from her to everyone, seemed irritating lately. One of the reasons is, there seemed no difference in the dialogues nor the delivery of it. She wouldn't even give a thought to someone else's pov. And that sherni thing has become more funnier n lame than it used to give a thought in previous contexts. 

Naira as a strong FL is used as per makers choice. They dont show her fighting for herself when someone blames her. But they show her with this lecturing when there's some social issue track. That is one reason why naira had become unrealistic. On those terms, sirat is afresh. But they need to put more focus to the story than on her boxing. 

Even I miss singhaniyas. Rs doesn't give proper closures to d important characters which is really annoying. Show is all abt trp now sadly. 

If naira's death was huge, it wud have gotten double d trp of what it is now, I feel. It seems more like copy paste 5yr track.