Is this the most popular Indian idol season ever!

Posted: 3 years ago

Season 12 HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT OF TOP 6 so far in trp ranking!!!!!!!

This week it's rank is 4, and it's already been ranked 3,5 and 6. 

Thoughts ?????

Just checked previous two seasons trp and this season is definitely better except season 10's finale trp!!!

Season 10 finale was ranked 1 in trp ranking but it was in top 5 ranking for just 2 other weeks , ranked 3 on TRP Week 48, 2018 , 5th on TRP Week 46, 2018 and it's initial week's was mostly out of top 10. it entered top 10 on TRP week 40, 2018.

I can't say about initial seasons but when Indian Idol came in 2017 with the original judges it wasn't not that successful and used to get average ratings. Then they came in 2018 with different judges (Except Anu Malik) and creative team and it was a huge success. Contestants were also brilliant.

Season 11 also did well but Indian Idol 10 was more successful. But the Finale Episode TRP of Season 11 was very high (3.7 raw).

Now this season is also doing extremely well. I think better than last season but season 10 is still a benchmark. Apart from the talented contestants the biggest plus of Season 10 was Manish Paul. I think if he was the host it could have taken the show on a higher level.

Originally posted by altgr

I can't say about initial seasons but when Indian Idol came in 2017 with the original judges it wasn't not that successful and used to get average ratings. Then they came in 2018 with different judges (Except Anu Malik) and creative team and it was a huge success. Contestants were also brilliant.

Season 11 also did well but Indian Idol 10 was more successful. But the Finale Episode TRP of Season 11 was very high (3.7 raw).

Now this season is also doing extremely well. I think better than last season but season 10 is still a benchmark. Apart from the talented contestants the biggest plus of Season 10 was Manish Paul. I think if he was the host it could have taken the show on a higher level.

I don't think this season can beat season 10's finale episode but it's beating season 10's other episodes. So happy!!!

Season 10 has definitely been the most popular after Season 1.

I had stopped watching reality TV for years yet the only one I was aware of was Idol Season 10, thats how much people were talking about it. I knew about Salman, Ankush, Neelanjana, Vibhor etc even before I'd seen their faces or heard their voices.

It was honestly the perfect balance of talent and TRPs. This season's been so obvious with its fudging and favouritism.

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Season 10 has definitely been the most popular after Season 1.

I had stopped watching reality TV for years yet the only one I was aware of was Idol Season 10, thats how much people were talking about it. I knew about Salman, Ankush, Neelanjana, Vibhor etc even before I'd seen their faces or heard their voices.

It was honestly the perfect balance of talent and TRPs. This season's been so obvious with its fudging and favouritism.

You are right! This season they have one of the best contestants but, the favouritism and fudging is taking away the true essence of enjoying/watching the show. 

I miss Manish Paul as host although many of his jokes were very one note : making fun of someone 

Still I prefer him over Aditya 

Originally posted by silvermoonlight

I miss Manish Paul as host although many of his jokes were very one note : making fun of someone 

Still I prefer him over Aditya 

Manish is a natural!! Aditya's hosting doesn't come as naturally