Member Topic: When Does Bollywood Become Personal For You ?

Posted: 3 years ago

https://youtu.be/Jy-sX9sE_lc

Does it ever come a time where you have to rigorously defend some actor or movie or song like your defending yourself ? 

Not defend as though it were myself. I simply don't like anyone enough for that. Sorry, SRK, not even you.

There are some I DISlike as intensely as though they did something to me IRL.šŸ˜†

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Even in real life, I find it very difficult to see injustice and bullying...maybe because I have been bullied in my childhood...

So whenever I see it happening anywhere, I cant take it. I end up defending that person/film/music/song. Its not needed...but the flashbacks make me do it. 

When I was dumb enough to believe they actually care for their fans. Well I do realize they dont care, they only care about how they can profit from these gullible fans, otherwise they will treat outsider fans like crap or never do anything which profits the fans as whole instead of them. 

arguing on behalf of celebrities never get personal for me. I can list my favorite celebs and you can bash them day and night long and it won't bother me. I guess at some point in life I felt getting worked up for someone who doesn't know my existence is dumb. I understand the people who have favorites who really mean something to them but I don't. I don't have a celebrity who I feel has impacted me so much that they touched my soul, or became a part of who I am. 

Now if I could just stop myself from making sports and fictional couples personal, I would be great. 

No but I've actually fought for someone's death and felt myself go numb with Sushant passing away. Now I don't enjoy it in a heartfelt manner as I used to. I don't feel the connection with bollywood anymore šŸ’”

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Even in real life, I find it very difficult to see injustice and bullying...maybe because I have been bullied in my childhood...

So whenever I see it happening anywhere, I cant take it. I end up defending that person/film/music/song. Its not needed...but the flashbacks make me do it. 

Wow really that sucks but I appreciate you opening a vein like that. So itā€™s like a reflex for you ? 

No.

Having an opinion is one thing getting personal is another thingšŸ‘šŸ¼.

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Wow really that sucks but I appreciate you opening a vein like that. So itā€™s like a reflex for you ? 

It is like a reflex, unfortunately. Just happens before I can stop myself which is why i do not have many friends (not everyone appreciates bluntness and I dislike being fake et al.). 

But I am still a work in progress so I might learn someday šŸ˜Š

Bollywood is entertainment for me, nothing else