Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani

Episode-13 February : Of truths and dilemmas

Guneet80 thumbnail
Most Comments (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

The episode was quite Shaurya-centric today. It was about him entangled between two versions of truth : one that his family fed him, second is what Anokhi said.

Shaurya has been raised by morally corrupt and selfish people like his bade papa and badi ma who despite everything blame Anokhi for her molestation and ragging. Shaurya believes and trusts them but somehow he's unable to ignore Anokhi's version this time.

Notice how his narrative changed from Anokhi is a liar to "IF Anokhi called the press conference or not". He was sure she called the media before but he can feel Anokhi's integrity shining through in her every interaction. He was literally gawking at her when she told her friends, truth doesn't need anyone at the end of the episode.

Shaurya is a man of 30. It's difficult to change his belief system in an instance. That's why I'm giving him benefit of doubt here. I won't say he has a soft spot for Anokhi, no. He's just playing the role of a considerate professor as of now.

But, few scenes seem out of character for him. Like today when he said, "either we have prove anmol guilty or anokhi [to save this Institution's reputation] ". I understand, he's devastated because his whole life's work is at stake but as Shaan said, Anokhi did nothing wrong. So this dialogue didn't sit well with me. He seems too selfish here, that's not how Shaurya is visualised. This is more of CVs fault who are inconsistent in writing a layered character.

Regarding Shaurya and Anokhi's family, the less I say the better. Both are equally pathetic. 

I think they are prepping for Aastha getting shot or so I think from the scenes shown.

Precap seems awful. Seems like more misunderstandings await our leads. They are seriously dragging the tracks, I didn't want more drama on top of it. Wish CVs wrote it fast paced with a consistent character growth.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZaaraBB thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Great post! Its a pity this forum is so inactive! 

There is so much to Shaurya's character. He is so trauma to his upbringing, and character to say.

RaarA thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Guneet80

The episode was quite Shaurya-centric today. It was about him entangled between two versions of truth : one that his family fed him, second is what Anokhi said.

Shaurya has been raised by morally corrupt and selfish people like his bade papa and badi ma who despite everything blame Anokhi for her molestation and ragging. Shaurya believes and trusts them but somehow he's unable to ignore Anokhi's version this time.

Notice how his narrative changed from Anokhi is a liar to "IF Anokhi called the press conference or not". He was sure she called the media before but he can feel Anokhi's integrity shining through in her every interaction. He was literally gawking at her when she told her friends, truth doesn't need anyone at the end of the episode.

Shaurya is a man of 30. It's difficult to change his belief system in an instance. That's why I'm giving him benefit of doubt here. I won't say he has a soft spot for Anokhi, no. He's just playing the role of a considerate professor as of now.

But, few scenes seem out of character for him. Like today when he said, "either we have prove anmol guilty or anokhi [to save this Institution's reputation] ". I understand, he's devastated because his whole life's work is at stake but as Shaan said, Anokhi did nothing wrong. So this dialogue didn't sit well with me. He seems too selfish here, that's not how Shaurya is visualised. This is more of CVs fault who are inconsistent in writing a layered character.

Regarding Shaurya and Anokhi's family, the less I say the better. Both are equally pathetic. 

I think they are prepping for Aastha getting shot or so I think from the scenes shown.

Precap seems awful. Seems like more misunderstandings await our leads. They are seriously dragging the tracks, I didn't want more drama on top of it. Wish CVs wrote it fast paced with a consistent character growth.

Wow.

You put Shaurya and his dilemma perfectly. He must have been through a lot in his childhood. There is burden on his shoulders of being a Sabharwal and ofcourse he feels a lot of guilt because of his so called foster parents.

Really....both of their families are just pathetic. Both had a dysfunctional family.

While Anokhi dreams of something better, Shaurya is stuck with his misogynistic views.

sourdough thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Great analysis. Actually I didn't think it was out of character for Shaurya to say we have to prove Amol guilty or Anokhi a liar. Shaurya simply wanted to know the truth between the two versions unlike his pade papa who was only concerned about whose son Anmol was. I like the stark difference where Shaurya didn't care who Anmol was...he simply wanted to investigate the two possibilities. Had he said were have to gather evidence to prove Anokhi wrong and only considered that possibility-that would have been out of character

Rhea_m thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

precap seems confusing to me is it after Anmol's confession because Shaurya could have easily asked him who called the media obviously that guy knows everything
Guneet80 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: RaarA

Wow.

You put Shaurya and his dilemma perfectly. He must have been through a lot in his childhood. There is burden on his shoulders of being a Sabharwal and ofcourse he feels a lot of guilt because of his so called foster parents.

Really....both of their families are just pathetic. Both had a dysfunctional family.

While Anokhi dreams of something better, Shaurya is stuck with his misogynistic views.

Thank you so much! I think Shaurya being misogynistic was shown over-the-top in the promos this is probably why the show failed to attract audiences initially.

They outright showed him as misogynistic which ruined their own marketing. They should've shown him as believing in traditional values.

Karanvir has a lot of fans and all of us were dying to watch this show but we thought he played a jerk in this show so we avoided watching for a few weeks.

Shaurya is such a dynamic character, he is much more than he is branded to be. A fantastic character. 

Guneet80 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sourdough

Great analysis. Actually I didn't think it was out of character for Shaurya to say we have to prove Amol guilty or Anokhi a liar. Shaurya simply wanted to know the truth between the two versions unlike his pade papa who was only concerned about whose son Anmol was. I like the stark difference where Shaurya didn't care who Anmol was...he simply wanted to investigate the two possibilities. Had he said were have to gather evidence to prove Anokhi wrong and only considered that possibility-that would have been out of character

Hmm I understand now. Maybe I found it weird, the way it was worded. It felt like he was implying to prove any of them guilty by hook or by crook, that's why I didn't like it

Shaurya is definitely unable to ignore Anokhi's version because he knows deep down, it's the truth. Let's see how it pans out

Guneet80 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Rhea_m

precap seems confusing to me is it after Anmol's confession because Shaurya could have easily asked him who called the media obviously that guy knows everything

Exactly. God knows what CVs are planning. Just hope they don't butcher Shaurya's character

RaarA thumbnail

Thank you so much! I think Shaurya being misogynistic was shown over-the-top in the promos this is probably why the show failed to attract audiences initially.

They outright showed him as misogynistic which ruined their own marketing. They should've shown him as believing in traditional values.

Karanvir has a lot of fans and all of us were dying to watch this show but we thought he played a jerk in this show so we avoided watching for a few weeks.

Shaurya is such a dynamic character, he is much more than he is branded to be. A fantastic character. 

Initially I avoided the show too. I hated how he was portrayed in the promos. But then I decided to give it a chance after all it premiered on my birthday. 

But now Shaurya is my favourite character. His character has many dimensions and ofcourse I love how KVS portray him. Especially his eyes are so expressive. They speak volumes.

Rhea_m thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Exactly. God knows what CVs are planning. Just hope they don't butcher Shaurya's character

Ya just hoping CV's don't butcher his character because I am really liking Shaurya's character as of now just don't like his badi maa ka gungaan plus Karanveer is an amazing actor