Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why is Preity Zinta not considered "iconic" actress - Page 3

Hazardous thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This doesn't answer the original poster's question but I feel like her downfall was so weird. She fell off pretty hard. She was literally a top actress till 2007. It's not even like she had a series of flops or anything. Jhoom Barabar Jhoom didn't do well and then BAM, all of a sudden all we saw her in was a random series of cameo roles. Then again her sudden disappearance from movies also coincided with the debut of the new breed like Deepika, Sonam, Anushka so maybe that could be a factor too. Along with that I feel like IPL became a priority for her. Also, her face started looking weird in 2008. She really overdid it with the botox.

Edited by Hazardous - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

This content was originally posted by: Hazardous

This doesn't answer the original poster's question but I feel like her downfall was so weird. She fell off pretty hard. She was literally a top actress till 2007. It's not even like she had a series of flops or anything. Jhoom Barabar Jhoom didn't do well and then BAM, all of a sudden all we saw her in was a random series of cameo roles. Then again her sudden disappearance from movies also coincided with the debut's of the new breed like Deepika, Sonam, Anushka so maybe that could be a factor too. Along with that I feel like IPL became a priority for her. Also, her face started look weird in 2008. She really overdid it with the botox.

I feel that the outsider vs insider prejudices had already started. I remember a member posting here that after PZ had her flops, Manish Malhotra sent his assistant to her ad set coz she wasn't happening anymore. He would never in a million years do that to Rani or Kajol.

Outsiders don't get a second chance easily. Rani and Kajol getting their chances had a lot to do with their last name, their significant others and KJo. Or else can you imagine actresses in their mid 30s getting work as leading heroines? Kajol was already a mom and still got heroine work.

It was easier to "forget" an outsider like Preity than insiders like Rani and Kajol when the new batch debuted, which is why the latter two were still around as heroines till 2010-12. 

Preity also was dating Ness Wadia at the time so she switched her focus (i had really thought they would be married)...when that didn't work out she must've freaked out (no work no personal life) and thought she didn't look young enough and overdid the botox. Which is crazy because she looked like this :

Image result for preity zinta kank

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Taify

Not really, she debuted in 2000 and wasn't really well known until 2000 and eventually broke out in 2001 with Chori Chori and Dil Chahta hai... and literally disappeared in 2006.

It has more to do with how she disappeared ALL OF A SUDDEN..

She debuted in 1998 with Soldier. The movie was a blockbuster/super hit.

Dil Se was released first, even though she signed Soldier prior to Dil Se.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Priety zinta should be appreciated as she had no god father and yet achieved great success for 10 years

Against foridable competitors who had god fathers 

Aishwarya most beautiful woman in world and SLB support

Rani Mukerjee had Yash Raj and Kjo as God father

Kareena had kapoor tag 

In midst of that to do so good for 10 years was excellent achievement for an outsider

And who was her supporter - none actually, bobby deol to some extent for being her friend before joining movies and helping her get soldier movie. None others supported her otherwise

The issue was Priety went against Bollywood biggies by giving witness in chalte chalte movie - so she stopped getting movies 

Till 2007 her past movies which she had signed was getting completed so she had releases 

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She has a given hits but her roles have not exactly been path breaking or inspiring. She plays the bubbly roles really well and if you're going to watch a film starring her then you can be sure that she'll make you smile but that's about it. So, there's no question of her being an iconic actress.

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Not really, she debuted in 2000 and wasn't really well known until 2000 and eventually broke out in 2001 with Chori Chori and Dil Chahta hai... and literally disappeared in 2006.

It has more to do with how she disappeared ALL OF A SUDDEN..

Not a Preity fan, but quite a bit of information is wrong there.

She debuted in 98 with Dil Se, and was considered an A lister right from that time onwards, and that continued until 2006 (KANK). KANK was a semi-hit, and the most overhyped movie of all time at that point, and Preity was still a very big name.

Being in the limelight for 8 yeats (98-2006), with 5 years of being in the top 5 (2000-20005), with one whole year that belonged to you (2003), and another 2 years when you were ranked at number #2 (2004 & 2005 - just behind Rani) is not a "short" career. Most actress fizzle out after a decade and so and the same happened with Preity.

As for why she was not iconic -- coz she was nothing special. I truly felt she acted well in like 2 or so movies in her whole career. She was never terrible, but nothing exceptional either.

Taify thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Not a Preity fan, but quite a bit of information is wrong there.

She debuted in 98 with Dil Se, and was considered an A lister right from that time onwards, and that continued until 2006 (KANK). KANK was a semi-hit, and the most overhyped movie of all time at that point, and Preity was still a very big name.

Being in the limelight for 8 yeats (98-2006), with 5 years of being in the top 5 (2000-20005), with one whole year that belonged to you (2003), and another 2 years when you were ranked at number #2 (2004 & 2005 - just behind Rani) is not a "short" career. Most actress fizzle out after a decade and so and the same happened with Preity.

As for why she was not iconic -- coz she was nothing special. I truly felt she acted well in like 2 or so movies in her whole career. She was never terrible, but nothing exceptional either.

Opinions can't be wrong .. just subjective.

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Opinions can't be wrong .. just subjective.

well her debuting in 2000 (u said) was a wrong info.

Taify thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

well her debuting in 2000 (u said) was a wrong info.

I never said she debuted in 2000, I said she wasn't well known until 2000. Let's not make things up. now.

YourCat thumbnail

well she was dating ness wadia then, jinnah great grand son