Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

Why does Ekta think getting a bunch of bad acting youth using trendy language and wearing tiny shorts/dresses is enough to gain TRP?

She has so many characters in her shows that at one point you think relatives are getting married 

then most of these people can’t act ...the young girls in this show are absolute cringe ...complete over acting or trying so hard to be relevant 

the portrayal of the FL sucks in this show...why she dressed up like that ? She looks 10 yrs older than the ML and that would be okay if the ML didn’t look like a kid. And god don’t get me started on her ugly a$$ shoes ..

I don’t mean to offend but I never found the ML/Vampire attractive ...either here or in Nazar. He looks like a scrawny high school kid...far cry from the sexy Damon/Stefan duo 

What was Ekta smoking when she paired these 2 ?

The only pairing I found that was fire was Naagin 1 leads & Hina khan with the original cheel guy 

Also the overall screen play,editing and direction is so cheesy and cheap. It’s like a show from the 90s. Ekta must pay peanuts to produce such lacklustre crap shows 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

DISCLAIMER: This is just my point of view and by no means I want to belittle the cast and crew. 

I saw the first episode yesterday and all I have to say is why does Ekta want to remake her own shows again and again and again? She seems to be earning handsomely, so what exactly is stopping her from hiring a new team of writers and come up with a new story altogether? Pick an old show that was popular among the youth, throw a snake, an eagle, a divinity angle and behold - you have Kuch Toh Hai!

Can't they at least come up with a fresh new story? They are literally reusing the same plot from Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani with minor alterations:

1. While Abhay was a human who was turned into a vampire, you have Rehan who is born one owing to nature's curse and he has his own family. Are they all vampires too? If not, how did Rehaan manage to hide his identity from them? How doesn't he feel the urge to rip their throats out? Waiting to see how this plays out
  2. Piya was an orphan who comes to Dehradun while Priya too an orphan comes to Mussoorie. While Piya was a human, Priya is a supernatural. Not much difference there either
  3. Piya ends up bonding with a girl and that played out so naturally. That camaraderie unfolded naturally whereas here she is just introduced to a girl who takes her home? Wah! Have to give it to the folks of Mussorie for being so big hearted 👏 Its a free PG for girls from outside the city 🤣 
  4. Piya ran into her father and here Priya is most likely in the presence of her biological mom
  5. Rehaan is shown to be a mysterious guy after whom the entire town is after whereas that was the case with Abhay too😆 
  6. And there are so many parallels to Misha, Panchi, Ruhi and other characters

But at least in PKYEK they did not show Piya getting settled in Dobriyal mansion. She lived in a hostel like other girls. And how do angels and vampires fit in the Naagin universe? There is no point in remaking PKYEK coz Colors is not Star One. Star One aired youth based shows and they never had a huge audience base. They had a niche audience who remained faithful to the show right from start to finish. At least audience did not quit it mid way like most of the current shows coz of senseless tracks. Colors shows have a nice start but it gets ruined eventually coz they are in a rat race to achieve TRPs. The Naagin franchise is no longer what it once was and the fall started with S4. Makers should have taken a cue and ended it right there. But instead they came out with S5 and now a spin off! 

One of the main reasons y this show might not work is Colors will eventually introduce all kinds of silly tracks to get TRP audience which will ruin the show. This has been my experience with Colors. I know PKYEK was a copy (TVD + Twilight) but it was one of its kind in the Indian TV world. The ensemble cast contributed to the story and were not mere props. U did not have unnecessary villains for most part. And that is why people love this show even to this day.

Everyone might argue Naagin S1 was path breaking but sorry to say, that was a ditto ditto copy of Sayantani Ghosh's show which aired not a decade ago. What made S1 interesting was the cast, Sesha and the bond Sesha and Shivanya shared (till Sesha turned dark of course). Then comes S2, where the story is a repeat. Instead of Shivanya's parents, Shivanya gets killed and her daughter swears revenge. Only difference - unlike in S1 where Shivnaya never doubted Ritik or held him accountable for her parents death, Shivangi blames Rocky till truth prevailed. S3 looked interesting but it soon turned into an Ekta Kapoor opera with characters turning good, bad, good and bad again and silly plots to fill in and a rebirth to boot. Then comes S4 which I thought might be different but they do away with the only interesting character which was of Nayantara's and God knows what khichdi it turned into. S5 I saw teeny bits and pieces but the ensemble cast were boring even though the premise and lead pair were good. S4 and S5 already saw a huge decline in numbers. So y not end this franchise for good?

I will still give the makers the benefit of doubt and watch it as a new story for few episodes. But given Colors history, not so hopeful. Please do share your views as well.

So the female protagonist is...ANGEL PRIYA??!! Meme confirmed 🤣

I tried watching the first episode on MX Player but forwarded most of it...it was that bad. And the parallels were so obvious- Piya became Priya, Dehra Dun became Mussorie, the orphan-family situation.

PKYEK will always be Ekta's best show, its aged so well and everything fit...the acting, writing, direction, dialogues, music. The characters looked like college going students and its not like they were wearing fancy shit 24/7. Also the way they acted...Vivian, Sukirti, Priya Wal, Vishal, Madhura...and the parents too, Anupam, Papiya, Naved, Kishwer all fit their roles perfectly.

Also the bonding showed in the show, the families looked real, the friendships looked real. There was a genuinity. 

The highlight was also Vivian as Abhay...who has this natural air of mystery, larger than life personality. For a newbie, the amount of power he exuberated on screen was brilliant. How he managed to hypnotise girls from the age of 11 to 20 something is beyond my comprehension 😆

I cannot imagine Colors doing justice to any nouvelle concept...look what they did to Madhubala, Shakti, Tu Aashiqui. All had different concepts but were dragged into Saas Bahu melodramatic nonsense.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Krishna and Harsh can never be Vivian and Sukirti. By copying PKYEK, they are not being fair to them. Krishna and Harsh could have played two different characters that was new altogether. Side actors dont have half the charm Priya Wal (Misha), Vishal Gandhi (Kabir), Vahbhiz (Panchi), Madhura (T), Kishwer(Haseena), Naved (Chand) and Siddhart (Sid Karnik) have. Their characters have nothing to do from a story perspective. They are there just to add to crowd. Naagin franchise was reduced to a pile of rubbish a long time ago. Y not end it? Coming to copying old serials, there is a long list:

1. Kasauti Zindagi Ki (Gosh as if the original hadn't given us a headache)
  2. Kis Des Mein Hai Mera Dil - made into Kasam on Colors with reincarnation thrown into and Brahmarakshas 2 as a supernatural
  3. Kahiin Toh Hoga - Bebakee on Alt
  4. Bandini - now made into Molkii
  5. Kasam Se - Hum on Alt (difference being Bani's character doesn't marry Jai)
  6. Bade Achche Lagte Hai - Baarish on Alt

These are the ones on top of my head right now 😆 Feel free to add more 🤣

Kahiin toh hoga was also remade into kasturi with a slight twist of the male lead being a rockstar, which was again inspired from kaisa yeh pyaar hai.

Aranza thumbnail

Looks exactly like the originAl HBO series trublood; 

Fairy falls for a vampire; he keeps sucking her blood she heals herself. He feels alive n powerful like burst of sunlight. He controls his thirst n keeps sucking her blood, while the fairy in love with him give him blood willingly. Basic plot then they made it Indian by adding many characters to the story & some events. Trublood always ended in a cliffhanger. Rip off the same series. 

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Not sure whether this is a remake or not. They should have ended Naagin 5 on a happy ending. Show was so good until it became so bad; they were bringing unnecessary track. And what’s up with the rest of the cheel family? 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

in my opinion there is a lot of improvement. she stopped showing her leads marrying many others n having one night stands.thanks to Raman Shahi for stopping that trend.

That’s just one thing. But remarrying is still there and her leads take forever to consummate post marriage. Not like I have any interest in such tracks. Infact there is no need for the build up for even show it. Just make it look implied and done. And btw almost immediately after the consummation the FL gets pregnant 😆

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: myaza

Should have ended at s3. Season 3 was great, they just ruined it at last.

S3 was ok till the time they started messing with Anita’s character. Forgot the name.

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

actually earlier all her leads used to do remarriage with other characters.but that's stopped.now her leads do remarriage with their own spouse.thats a huge difference.she dares to do multiple marriages with others now as that trend has changed after rajan shahi came.

late consummation is not only in ekta shows but in all production houses. only some jodies of rashmi Sharma n anupre did fast consummation. but as you said fast pregnancy is a part of most of her shows😆.

That’s just one thing. But remarrying is still there and her leads take forever to consummate post marriage. Not like I have any interest in such tracks. Infact there is no need for the build up for even show it. Just make it look implied and done. And btw almost immediately after the consummation the FL gets pregnant 😆