BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Changers

PKYEK is still one of the best show I have ever seen in ITV. Cast, screenplay, acting, thrilling element, background score, promo, twist and turn everything was more than perfect. Ekta Kapoor took more than 6 months to plan the show and aired it finally, no doubt it came out perfect. Yes, PKYEK some tracks were inspired from TVD, not completely copied so there is difference, PKYEK didn't copied anything from Twilight just the car promo was inspired from it and the human-vampire concept). Highly recommended show, wish Star Plus would promote well and re-air it as their weekend show, TRP would exploce for sure! 

Same for Naagin 1, Ekta worked on it for months, even promo aired for 4-5 months before it actually got launched, N1 came out as perfect finite series, Ekta entirely planned the story before it got aired.

Colors TV and Ekta just randomly launched N2,N4, N5, KTH for more profit but actually its didnt worked and still not working. They seriously should have stopped after N3, Colors TV seriously need to take the weekend 8pm slot from Ekta, should give her at least 1 Year break so that she can start something fresh without copying and adding same twist and turns or might hire some new writers and work with them.

First half of Naagin 3 too, was perfect for the same reason (taking times to plan well), Ekta took 1 Year to prepare the story after trash S2 then promote season 3 over 4 months with interesting promos. No doubt, the promos, cast, story, twist and turn, thrilling element everything came out as perfect as it can be, first 50-60 episodes were absolutely well planned, later Colors and Ekta instead of ending it, they got greedy and had no story so just add random twist and turn and completely ruined the show. 

Coming to spin-off KTH, seems to be copy PKYEK and Naagin franchise so it might got flop even the theme song is copied for Kya Pyaar Karoge - Kuch Toh Hai

Colors TV and Ekta need to stop now!

PKYEK was inspired by TVD and Twilights in bits and pieces, but it had a story of its own. PKYEK was a fantastic show but it was never for TRP audience. As for Naagin 1, Ekta promoted it very well! But it was not an original at any rate. It was a copy of a Zee show I mentioned in my previous post. But all said and done, it was presented very well and it was gripping at least till the time Sesha turned completely evil coz of her love with Ritik. N2 was a copy of N1 where Shivanya was replaced by her daughter Shivangi. N3 was ok till the time Bela's former lover came back and N4 - Nia, Jasmine and Sayantani were wasted and N5, the premise was interesting but the presentation was bad.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sanchita1410

Pkyek is still the best show of ekta. I feel so nostalgic when I see discussions of it. I miss vd very much. Hope he returns soon

Who? Vivian?

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

People like some ekta shows.but they are short lived.i don't understand why the worst shows of ekta gain trps while her good shows are not getting trps.

This content was originally posted by: Bibliophile68

Modiji should ban Tv serials for good! 😆

Ekta must have learned her lesson after witnessing the downfall of kzk2. If ITV Standards remained same even after 10-15  years, then its totally audience's fault. Can't blame ekta...she is investing money in stupid shows because she is getting money in return.

Yeah! PKYEK mein raaichands tried to blend by throwing parties ..by sending Abhay to college and business deals and all...I wonder what ekta and her writers are planning now.

ITV and it's concept of consummation... mereko samajh mein hi nahi aata.. it's Just a phase in every married couple's life... why can't they treat it as normal

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Modiji should ban Tv serials for good! 😆

Ekta must have learned her lesson after witnessing the downfall of kzk2. If ITV Standards remained same even after 10-15  years, then its totally audience's fault. Can't blame ekta...she is investing money in stupid shows because she is getting money in return.

Yeah! PKYEK mein raaichands tried to blend by throwing parties ..by sending Abhay to college and business deals and all...I wonder what ekta and her writers are planning now.

ITV and it's concept of consummation... mereko samajh mein hi nahi aata.. it's Just a phase in every married couple's life... why can't they treat it as normal

I so wish Modiji can do that 😆 the thing with kzk2 is it wasn’t a total failure coz it fetched very good TRPs in between when Hina’s track was ongoing. And in PKYEK everything made sense. About consummation, I donno y it’s such a big deal.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

I have no idea about the DD Shows. Heard they were good.

Yeah! I agree with your points. Kyy fan base was youth majorly.

Also twitter trends and TRP race ruined today's shows.

I hope ITV moves backwards then and show amazing content like it used to ..one day....and this one day may not come...too early

Those shows ran coz audience didn interfere. But u can’t expect that now  as for OTT audience don’t have a choice to dictate.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: jasminerahul

that's true.earlier all ekta shows showed multiple marriages n ONS.but when audience started disliking such shows she stopped getting her leads getting married to others n producing kids from different people.

Yeah that’s there but it still didn improve anything did it 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: jasminerahul

People like some ekta shows.but they are short lived.i don't understand why the worst shows of ekta gain trps while her good shows are not getting trps.

That’s the sad part

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

in my opinion there is a lot of improvement. she stopped showing her leads marrying many others n having one night stands.thanks to Raman Shahi for stopping that trend.

This content was originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Yeah that’s there but it still didn improve anything did it 

Elinuh thumbnail

Naagin series is nothing but crap dear 😆 it should have ended with s1 or max s2. 

Should have ended at s3. Season 3 was great, they just ruined it at last.

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

DISCLAIMER: This is just my point of view and by no means I want to belittle the cast and crew. 

I saw the first episode yesterday and all I have to say is why does Ekta want to remake her own shows again and again and again? She seems to be earning handsomely, so what exactly is stopping her from hiring a new team of writers and come up with a new story altogether? Pick an old show that was popular among the youth, throw a snake, an eagle, a divinity angle and behold - you have Kuch Toh Hai!

Can't they at least come up with a fresh new story? They are literally reusing the same plot from Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani with minor alterations:

1. While Abhay was a human who was turned into a vampire, you have Rehan who is born one owing to nature's curse and he has his own family. Are they all vampires too? If not, how did Rehaan manage to hide his identity from them? How doesn't he feel the urge to rip their throats out? Waiting to see how this plays out
  2. Piya was an orphan who comes to Dehradun while Priya too an orphan comes to Mussoorie. While Piya was a human, Priya is a supernatural. Not much difference there either
  3. Piya ends up bonding with a girl and that played out so naturally. That camaraderie unfolded naturally whereas here she is just introduced to a girl who takes her home? Wah! Have to give it to the folks of Mussorie for being so big hearted 👏 Its a free PG for girls from outside the city 🤣 
  4. Piya ran into her father and here Priya is most likely in the presence of her biological mom
  5. Rehaan is shown to be a mysterious guy after whom the entire town is after whereas that was the case with Abhay too😆 
  6. And there are so many parallels to Misha, Panchi, Ruhi and other characters

But at least in PKYEK they did not show Piya getting settled in Dobriyal mansion. She lived in a hostel like other girls. And how do angels and vampires fit in the Naagin universe? There is no point in remaking PKYEK coz Colors is not Star One. Star One aired youth based shows and they never had a huge audience base. They had a niche audience who remained faithful to the show right from start to finish. At least audience did not quit it mid way like most of the current shows coz of senseless tracks. Colors shows have a nice start but it gets ruined eventually coz they are in a rat race to achieve TRPs. The Naagin franchise is no longer what it once was and the fall started with S4. Makers should have taken a cue and ended it right there. But instead they came out with S5 and now a spin off! 

One of the main reasons y this show might not work is Colors will eventually introduce all kinds of silly tracks to get TRP audience which will ruin the show. This has been my experience with Colors. I know PKYEK was a copy (TVD + Twilight) but it was one of its kind in the Indian TV world. The ensemble cast contributed to the story and were not mere props. U did not have unnecessary villains for most part. And that is why people love this show even to this day.

Everyone might argue Naagin S1 was path breaking but sorry to say, that was a ditto ditto copy of Sayantani Ghosh's show which aired not a decade ago. What made S1 interesting was the cast, Sesha and the bond Sesha and Shivanya shared (till Sesha turned dark of course). Then comes S2, where the story is a repeat. Instead of Shivanya's parents, Shivanya gets killed and her daughter swears revenge. Only difference - unlike in S1 where Shivnaya never doubted Ritik or held him accountable for her parents death, Shivangi blames Rocky till truth prevailed. S3 looked interesting but it soon turned into an Ekta Kapoor opera with characters turning good, bad, good and bad again and silly plots to fill in and a rebirth to boot. Then comes S4 which I thought might be different but they do away with the only interesting character which was of Nayantara's and God knows what khichdi it turned into. S5 I saw teeny bits and pieces but the ensemble cast were boring even though the premise and lead pair were good. S4 and S5 already saw a huge decline in numbers. So y not end this franchise for good?

I will still give the makers the benefit of doubt and watch it as a new story for few episodes. But given Colors history, not so hopeful. Please do share your views as well.

Yeah had the exact same thoughts just like u having seen the 2nd episode today.Rehaan's brooding personality & mysterious presence reminded me of our classic vampire Abhay & Priya reminded me of the old Piya.However PKYEK had its own charm back then along with shows like DMG or MJHT.

There is still some ongoing confusion about the gender of VANI's child-whether its Aadi-Saach Rehaan or Angel Priya.But if we had closely heard the Angel Farishta he himself clarified that the cursed union between a Scavenger & a shape-shifting female serpent had resulted in the birth of an Aadi-Saach who's neither a Snake nor a Scavenger though the focus may shift to Priya later on depending on the CV's.

And since Rehaan is currently being portrayed as Aadi-Saach he's no doubt the son of both Veer & Bani.I have checked the Wikipedia & Telly Updates-there Rehaan is mentioned as the son of both Veer & Bani.

I will talk on Rehaan's resemblance with either of his birth parents later.All I can say that Rehaan is the Ditto carbon-copy of Abhay-One who might be cold-hearted & acts all mysterious yet has a heart of gold who's willing to use his supernatural powers for the benefit of humankind.

While Abhay's mate Piya was just an ordinary human Rehaan's mate is an Angel-it could be possible that Priya is the daughter of Farishta from another mate.Abhay had always saved Piya from every danger while lurking in the shadows keeping Piya away from himself due to his vampire powers & going forward Rehaan's gonna face the same dilemma too.

In the end while during their fight with the Werewolf clan Piya successfully transformed Abhay into a human & got married into the Raichand clan.Whether Rehaan & Priya's chemistry can replicate the same magnetic affect that remains to be seen.

Rehaan too has saved one woman from a stalker & saved his future mate Priya from that car accident too.Rehaan is too uninterested in girls however he could not help but feel that searing attraction towards Priya.Priya on the other hand is on a mission to find her real parents just like Rehaan.

Unfortunately Priya already has got a stalker in the form of Soumya's fiancee Mohit if I remember the scene correctly.The way he was looking at Priya & repeatedly apologized to her made him a classic stalker.

Anyway so this is the short story set in Mussoorie whereas PKYEK was set in Dehradun-both are hill stations-is it a coincidence?

More than Priya I feel that Rehaan is the son of VANI though my theory can be wrong later given the future scope of the story.Bcoz only Priya has the photo of Bani along with her lady pals.Rehaan does not have the either photo of his birth parents.But Priya's character is positive while Rehaan has grey-shades in his character.So Rehaan gotta be the Future Singhania here.Also the baby has already proved its mettle by killing its evil Uncle Jay.

Getting back to Rehaan being the son of VANI I have observed his character closely & I find a bit of both in him.The first thing he has directly inherited from his father Veer is the classic charm & overall electrifying presence making the ladies swoon in their knees for him but unlike Veer he's not a classic flirt & prefers to be a loner.His arrogant replies to any questions from either of his siblings or future in laws shows that he has inherited this trait from his mom Bani.

Bani before falling in love with Veer had this superior complex of being the Aadi-Naagin inspite of being humbled by Shakura & Markaat.Her arrogant replies & treating Veer as only her bodyguard while singing paeans for Jay had all made the VANI fans go mad with anger bcoz Veer had loved her more than his life.He had laid bare his heart out for her & accepted her inspite of her revelation as the Aadi-Naagin.

So Rehaan had inherited both of the traits from both his biological parents -arrogance & fiery nature from Bani & charm along with mysterious presence from Veer.So far Priya had not displayed either of this qualities though she did dance in the first episode somewhat like Bani.I would prefer Bani to be her mom-in-law rather than be her real mom.

Rehaan's character & powers makes him the perfect candidate to be the son of VANI.