Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Fallen-Embers

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize only for existing, I guess lol. 

Anyway, he was elected to stop the wars, but I guess he kept two of Bush's wars going, and started three of his own, if I'm not wrong. 

He withdrew troops from Iraq, which is why several Republicans accuse him of abetting the rise of the ISIS (which is a massive LOL). He also tried to shut Gitmo down, it's another matter it didn't work. Fact remains that it's the Bush administration which oversaw torture (and Trump openly defended them and vowed to bring back waterboarding). 

Obama is no saint, no US President can be. But nothing he did even comes close to what Bush and Trump were. 

Edited by Mahisa22 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Yes, I'm American, and it does matter because Americans are the ones who end up getting max impact of the decisions of any American administration.

I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but surely you can't have not heard about the Fast and Furious gun running organized by Eric Holder, the fact MS 13 was allowed to take hold, the fact Iran deal involved secret transfers of money (Iranians actually claim Western officials were then bribed with said money), the fact Paris Accord was not put in front of Congress to vote in spite of it being a treaty, the fact Guantanamo was not closed, the fact wars were started and he still got a  Nobel Peace Prize, the fact he drone bombed the Middle East more than any president, the fact the cages for immigrant kids were built by his administration, the fact they admitted to creating a media echo chamber to manipulate support, the fact Obama admin has thus far been the most hostile to the press (more than Trump admin which says a lot; proof of which is in above video), the fact of giving 500 mill to a company which then took jobs to China and eventually closed (Solyndra), the fact they JOKED about shovel ready jobs being not shovel ready after spending BILLIONS of dollars of taxpayer money, the fact the admin spied on American citizens, the fact they spied on members of the Congress, the fact they spied on journalists, the fact they told the blue collar workers their jobs are gone forever to China instead of figuring out how to get them back which is the JOB OF THE GOVERNMENT...

This is only the tip of the iceberg. And none of it is QAnon gossip. They are all facts from his eight years as president. You can easily search for them.

Before anyone accuses me of being a Trumpist (because it has happened here before any time I said something against liberal theology), I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm actually very socially liberal (I should have several posts here which show it). I am also a loyal American who'd like to see my country do well. The question here was about Obama, so I listed those items. That's all.

Now waiting for peeps to prove exactly what was said. Try pointing out actual things Obama did, knives will come out.

Forgive me for being blunt, you are a Trumpist through and through. Your posts on COVID-19 prove it, for one. Being socially liberal proves nothing, as 99% of Americans are socially liberal. 

And I'm no Leftist or Liberal. In fact, I despise leftists on many issues for their hypocrisy. But you're surely a Trumpist. 

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

He withdrew troops from Iraq, which is why several Republicans accuse him of abetting the rise of the ISIS (which is a massive LOL). He also tried to shut Gitmo down, it's another matter it didn't work. Fact remains that it's the Bush administration which oversaw torture (and Trump openly defended them and vowed to bring back waterboarding). 

Obama is no saint, no US President can be. But nothing he did even comes close to what Bush and Trump were. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/countries-obama-bombed/index.html

The point still stands. 

There is no debating that U.S. completely destabilised Iraq. It was a baseless war. Most of USA wars are baseless anyway. This was started by Bush, and Obama did no better. The withdrawal of troops started in 2007, by the way.

The only good thing they did was to kill Uday Hussein who was a psychopath. But even that was not their business anyway. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Amitabh and Jaya are shady 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Forgive me for being blunt, you are a Trumpist through and through. Your posts on COVID-19 prove it, for one. Being socially liberal proves nothing, as 99% of Americans are socially liberal. 

And I'm no Leftist or Liberal. In fact, I despise leftists on many issues for their hypocrisy. But you're surely a Trumpist. 

Yup, there you goπŸ˜†. The easiest and most crooked way to shut down a convo which is going against you, and when you have absolutely ZERO counter arguments to offer (notice you didn't refute any of what was said... because you can't... these are all publicly available info). Use a pejorative. 

Oh, btw... with re: COVID 19. Which med degree are we using to call me a Trumpist or any other name for having my opinion? As some members here know, I happen to have one.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Fallen-Embers

https://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/countries-obama-bombed/index.html

The point still stands. 

There is no debating that U.S. completely destabilised Iraq. It was a baseless war. Most of USA wars are baseless anyway. This was started by Bush, and Obama did no better. The withdrawal of troops started in 2007, by the way.

The only good thing they did was to kill Uday Hussein who was a psychopath. But even that was not their business anyway. 

And who debated that? πŸ€”

Fallen-Embers thumbnail

And who debated that? πŸ€”

Huh!? I was agreeing with what you said that US completely destabilised Iraq. 

Fallen-Embers thumbnail

Yup, there you goπŸ˜†. The easiest and most crooked way to shut down a convo which is going against you, and when you have absolutely ZERO counter arguments to offer (notice you didn't refute any of what was said... because you can't... these are all publicly available info). Use a pejorative. 

Oh, btw... with re: COVID 19. Which med degree are we using to call me a Trumpist or any other name for having my opinion? As some members here know, I happen to have one.

I agree. I thought a good debate entails debating the points one has made, and not calling each other names. Lol. πŸ˜†

HearMeRoar thumbnail

From that Trumpist WHO πŸ˜†:

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/herd-immunity-lockdowns-and-covid-19

Quote: However, these measures can have a profound negative impact on individuals, communities, and societies by bringing social and economic life to a near stop. Such measures disproportionately affect disadvantaged groups, including people in poverty, migrants, internally displaced people and refugees, who most often live in overcrowded and under resourced settings, and depend on daily labour for subsistence.

The sheer blindness and elitism of some of who promote indefinite lockdowns is un-friggin-believable. They're happy in their little coccoons, so to h*** with the poor and the disadvantaged who have nothing to eat, to h*** with the sick and the mentally ill who could die, to h*** with the children who are regressing - yes, regressing - in their development.

And they call themselves woke! God save the world from such wokeratti.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

You seem to be in love with the word 'pejorative' without actually knowing what it means. Use a dictionary, pretty please?

Also, I wasn't looking to refute ALL the info...just wanted to refute your assertion that you are not a Trumpist. πŸ˜ƒ 

Once again: NEVER said Obama was some saint. NO US PREIDENT CAN BE ONE. 

Ciao. 

Edited by Mahisa22 - 3 years ago