Users

Frequent Posters

BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: nonam

she is cute and confident as binkuchkahe says

quite some swagger here for someone so short 

and she is well spoken regardless of what people say about her ignorant statements, that's just having a different opinion than her.

Ignorance is not akin to a 'difference in opinion'. At all. The most obvious example is her 'All Lives Matter' post on Instagram. Ignorant, and actually racist. 

I haven't watched her films so I can't comment on whether she's a good actress. However I have seen a few of her interviews and she does not come across well spoken at all. Is she articulate in English? Yes, she is. Does that make her well spoken? No, it doesn't. Sara actually comes across as a pseudo-intellectual. 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BlueWaters20

Ignorance is not akin to a 'difference in opinion'. At all. The most obvious example is her 'All Lives Matter' post on Instagram. Ignorant, and actually racist. 

I haven't watched her films so I can't comment on whether she's a good actress. However I have seen a few of her interviews and she does not come across well spoken at all. Is she articulate in English? Yes, she is. Does that make her well spoken? No, it doesn't. Sara actually comes across as a pseudo-intellectual. 

all lives is racist but most Indian celebrities were tweeting it  with the elephant death including Ayushmann unaware of it's implications in USA. and she is very articulate and well spoken in majority of her interviews and much more so than most.

BlueWaters20 thumbnail

all lives is racist but most Indian celebrities were tweeting it  with the elephant death including Ayushmann unaware of it's implications in USA. and she is very articulate and well spoken in majority of her interviews and much more so than most.

Sara spent around 3/4 years studying a History and Politics degree in the US, so the 'Indian celebrities didn't know the implications of ALM' excuse just doesn't work for her. 

And I disagree regarding her being articulate.  She comes across 'well spoken' because the majority of Bollywood can't string a lucid sentence together. It's not difficult to sound 'well spoken' when the points of reference are the likes of Sonam, Deepika, Rani, Kajol, etc.

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Sara spent around 3/4 years studying a History and Politics degree in the US, so the 'Indian celebrities didn't know the implications of ALM' excuse just doesn't work for her. 

And I disagree regarding her being articulate.  She comes across 'well spoken' because the majority of Bollywood can't string a lucid sentence together. It's not difficult to sound 'well spoken' when the points of reference are the likes of Sonam, Deepika, Rani, Kajol, etc.

exactly my point, she is an articulate actress, interesting in an interview, a personality different from the inarticulate ones, I would exclude kajol from your list though, she is always interesting in her interviews.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Sara is a sweetheart 

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

And she has herself said in an interview that she and Saif discuss history more than movies. So she comes across as even dumber by making ALM statement.

BlueWaters20 thumbnail

exactly my point, she is an articulate actress, interesting in an interview, a personality different from the inarticulate ones, I would exclude kajol from your list though, she is always interesting in her interviews.

Yes, 'articulate for an actress' is not the same as being universally 'well spoken'. The bar is low in Bollywood.

And being 'interesting' has nothing to do with being 'well spoken'. Kajol is not well spoken or articulate. 

BlueWaters20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sense9

And she has herself said in an interview that she and Saif discuss history more than movies. So she comes across as even dumber by making ALM statement.

Exactly. Saying 'we talk about history more than movies' is a blatant attempt at playing into an 'intellectual' image. And yet, from what we've seen she doesn't have the knowledge to support the image she's perpetuating. 

Honestly she comes across a bit ditzy to me, which is surprising considering her education. 

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

It is not even about acting and the roles she is taking up.Sara lacks grace tbh.Whatever role you do onscreen you should be able to play it gracefully,then half the work is done.Instead she ends up looking awkward and a misfit most of the time.There are actors who aren’t that great in acting but are able to carry themselves well onscreen.

Edited by Raffaello - 3 years ago