♥︎|| Readers Rendezvous ||♥︎

Posted: 3 years ago

Hello, everyone!

Hope everyone is staying safe!

Its been a while, hasn’t it?

Well, things just have been so hectic with work and life. But we are back now and have lots more in store for you all, so watch this space.

We’re here today with a recommendation topic because who doesn’t love a good old recs thread? 

We certainly do. 

We’re hoping to do this once every few months to ensure we cover a variety of genres. 

We’ll kick off this months recs with our most favourite genre ever... Any guesses? 

Duh.. Romance, of course.

Anyone that knows the two of us know we love our romantic books. Alpha heroes, sassy heroines, big family chaos, those happily ever afters.. YAS!! We love it all. So we thought why not kick off this with our most loved genre 😏 Also it doesn't hurt that we are in the month of love. Not that it matters because we recommend reading romance books all year around smiley14

And because we like to spice things up a little, we have a guest of honour to give us those recommendations...

Please welcome WildestDreams aka Parm

Over to you now, Parm smiley31

credits:

Write up - xbeyondwords | WildestDreams

Tags - .iridescence.

Edited by xbeyondwordsx - 3 years ago

Hello bookaholics,

It’s a pleasure and honor to be the first guest for Readers Rendezvous.

I have given my top 10 books/series recommendation. It includes everything from smexy Alpha, kickass heroine, great second characters, from childhood romance to adult life going through college romance. 

I am a big fan of angst but I’ve avoided giving suggestion about this genre as most of the books I love deals with pretty hardcore themes like death, violence etc. This is not a genre that many likes so let’s play it safe. 

However, I did add a few “tissue box Alert” books. Read the blurb and just dive in without reading any spoilers. You might need a bowl of chocolate mint ice-cream later!

Check below the list and do share your view!

1. The Air He breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry

2. Corps Security series by Harper Sloan ( I heart the 5th book named Locke)

3. Any book series by Kristen Ashley ( The Dream Man, Colorado Mountains, Chaos, Rock Chick ecc) 

4. Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy

5. When it rains by Lisa De Jong ( Tissue Alert)

6. The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros ( Tissue Alert)

7. Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan. (A hidden gem!)

8. Lark Cove series by Devney Perry

9.  Ten Tiny Breaths by KA Tucker

10. Wrecked and Ruined series by Aly Martinez

That is all from now, folks.

Let us know your recs for romance books.

Until next time..

Stay safe!

Edited by xbeyondwordsx - 3 years ago

thanks for the brilliant recommendations Parm! 😎

I've done Corps a long time ago, and I will say Locke is also my fav ❤️

As you know, I'm still working through KA .That might be a while. And well the rest....TBR 🤣

The recs are awesome, Parm!
Omg Locke is just ❤️  I might have to go back and re-read this!

Nice Recs (as Zo would have it) but from the whole list I’ve read only few. 

ruined by aly

Off campus series (only first two books r nice rest r meh)

Archer’s voice

Here are some recommendations from my end which I’ve read in 2018-till date:

the invitation by vi keeland

Burn for you by JT Geissinger

Fixed trilogy by Laurelin Paige

Stealing Her by Rachel Van Dyken

All the King’s Men series by Kennedy Ryan

Something so unscripted by Natasha Madison

Catching Caden by Samantha Christy

City Light Series by Emma Scott << this one right here is one amazing series and don’t think I’ll forget until I’ve amnesia ❤️

The Darkest Sunrise duet by Aly Martinez 

Am I too late to jump on the bandwagon? 😃
Romance is my fave genre and romance with a generous dose of comedy is my staple go-to genre. Add to that a dash of Regency era with dashing dukes and reformed rakes and I’m hooked, lined and sinkered! 😆

I watched Bridgerton and dropped down the rabbit hole of historical romantic fiction. Here are a few books that I really loved:

1. 9 rules to break when romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (The heroine is so plucky!)

2. A week to be wicked by Tessa Dare (very funny, laugh out loud moments, adorable hero, bluestocking heroine). In fact, all of her Spindle Cove series is good but this one stands out for me.

3. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (a sort of beauty and the beast take off)

4. Girl meets Duke series by Tessa Dare especially the Duchess Deal (again beauty and the beast take off), and the Governess Game (I loved the hero in this too, and his two adorable wards)

5. The Duchess of Love series by Sally Mackenzie, especially Bedding Lord Ned and Loving Lord Ash

6. The entire 'Naked Gentlemen' series by Sally Mackenzie; my favorite was The Naked Earl (hilarious)

7. Three weeks with Lady X by Eloisa James (pretty funny especially the letters exchanged; the hero and heroine become BFFs first)

8. Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase (Younger hero and older heroine, adorable hero)

9. Unveiled by Courtney Milan (the hero is so supportive, and just so surprisingly unique).

10. What happens in London and Ten things I love about you by Julia Quinn. 

11. The madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley (really good and the hero is so unique: he’s definitely on the spectrum but in those times it would be seen as madness)

12. The footman and I by Valerie Bowman in which the hero who’s an earl pretends to be a footman to find true love. Fun! I also enjoyed Kiss me at Christmas by the same author, need to read more books by her!

13. When beauty tamed the beast by Eloisa James: the hero is the beast but also a doctor who limps (inspired by Dr. House; his understudies are even called the ducklings!)

14. Devil’s daughter by Lisa Kleypas. I know her Ravenel’s series is highly acclaimed and I loved this one (West Ravenel is an irresistible hero). The wallflowers and Hathaway series by Lisa Kleypas are both enjoyable.

15. My fake rake by Eva Leigh: I loved the premise of the shy, unassuming, nerdy hero being transformed into a rake, but it does drag in places. 

16. When a Scot ties the knot by Tessa Dare, so many funny moments and I really love the Scottish accent! 

E.T.A

17. The rogue you know by Shana Galen, the second book in the Covent Garden cubs series. I know most people like Earls just wanna have fun, Dane and Marlowe's book, but I preferred Gideon and Susanna's story. It was so much more of a transformation story for them both.

18. When the Earl met his match by Stacy Reid. Oh God, this book. The ML, Hugh has my heart and Phoebe is so fearless. Ngl, this book made me cry in places and that's saying something.

19. Her wicked Marquess by Stacy Reid. Book 2 in the Sinful Wallflower series. Omg, again I dare you to resist the ML, Nicholas. Maryann and Nicholas's midnight trysts are so delicious I just melted!

20. Brighter than the sun by Julia Quinn (Lyndon Sisters #2) Ellie and Charles' story and so, so funny and heartwarming like only JQ can do.

21. To catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn: Agents of the Crown #1. The FL Caroline is just so funny and endearing despite everything she's faced.

22. Splendid and Minx by Julia Quinn

23. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas: I don't think there's anything left to be said about this book. Sebastian St. Vincent. That's all.

24. Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros. A retelling of the Cinderella story and set in the 1300s much before the usual regency period. But oh God. this ML! Bannor the Bold is just sooo good!

25. A wicked kind of husband by Mia Vincy. Delicious banter between ML and FL. Some good steamy scenes. A really fun read, surprisingly good for a debut novel (Stands up there with 9 rules to break by Sarah MacLean, also a debut novel)

26. The perfect rake by Anne Gracie. I tried some other books by this author and found them pretty meh but this one! Oh, Gideon is just perfect! He's so supportive once he falls in love, and he falls hard. I found myself irritated by Prudence though!

27. Married by morning by Lisa Kleypas. Hathaways, Leo's story and super fun. Somehow enjoyed this more than his sisters' books, but Kev and Win's book Seduce me at Sunrise comes a close second.

28. Rules for a proper governess by Jennifer Ashley. A MacBride story, but the FL, Bertie is so unconventional. 

29. Infamous by Minerva Spencer. The FL is really unlikeable and has done some mean, questionable things in the past to the ML and his brother (and his brother's wife). So it's kind of a redemption story for her. This one was good, but got distracting because of the parallel love story between Lucien and Phil, which I think deserved its own book. It took away from Richard and Celia's story, but I really loved Richard in this!

30. The Devil is a Marquess by Elisa Braden. Her entire Rescued from Ruin series is good, but this one stands out for me. Charlotte is such a positive, optimistic FL, just so refreshing and Benedict? OMG, I melt! I loved this book and how he changes slowly for her and because of her. 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago

Originally posted by LizzieBennett

Am I too late to jump on the bandwagon? 😃
Romance is my fave genre and romance with a generous dose of comedy is my staple go-to genre. Add to that a dash of Regency era with dashing dukes and reformed rakes and I’m hooked, lined and sinkered! 😆

I watched Bridgerton and dropped down the rabbit hole of historical romantic fiction. Here are a few books that I really loved:

1. 9 rules to break when romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (The heroine is so plucky!)

2. A week to be wicked by Tessa Dare (very funny, laugh out loud moments, adorable hero, bluestocking heroine). In fact, all of her Spindle Cove series is good but this one stands out for me.

3. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (a sort of beauty and the beast take off)

4. Girl meets Duke series by Tessa Dare especially the Duchess Deal (again beauty and the beast take off), and the Governess Game (I loved the hero in this too, and his two adorable wards)

5. The Duchess of Love series by Sally Mackenzie, especially Bedding Lord Ned and Loving Lord Ash

6. The entire 'Naked' series by Sally Mackenzie; my favorite was The Naked Earl (hilarious)

7. Three weeks with Lady X by Eloisa James (pretty funny especially the letters exchanged; the hero and heroine become BFFs first)

8. Miss Wonderful by Loretta Chase (Younger hero and older heroine, adorable hero)

9. Unveiled by Courtney Milan (the hero is so supportive, and just so surprisingly unique).

10. What happens in London and Ten things I love about you by Julia Quinn. 

11. The madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley (really good and the hero is so unique: he’s definitely on the spectrum but in those times it would be seen as madness)

12. The footman and I by Valerie Bowman in which the hero who’s an earl pretends to be a footman to find true love. Fun! I also enjoyed Kiss me at Christmas by the same author, need to read more books by her!

13. When beauty tamed the beast by Eloisa James: the hero is the beast but also a doctor who limps (inspired by Dr. House; his understudies are even called the ducklings!)

14. Devil’s daughter by Lisa Kleypas. I know her Ravenel’s series is highly acclaimed and I loved this one (West Ravenel is an irresistible hero). The wallflowers and Hathaway series by Lisa Kleypas are both enjoyable.

15. My fake rake by Eva Leigh: I loved the premise of the shy, unassuming, nerdy hero being transformed into a rake, but it does drag in places. 

16. When a Scot ties the knot by Tessa Dare, so many funny moments and I really love the Scottish accent! 

Thats some list 

I love The Duchess Deal too  I need to check out the rest of the series soon. 

You might like The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn, its been a while since I read it but I remember really liking it.  Also the Splendid series by JQ. 

Not sure if you're into anything other than regency but if you are, try Silver Lining by Maggie Osbourne , this is historical romance - I go back to this book at least once a year. I love the female lead SO much 😎 Also Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer - this one just pulls your heartstrings ❤️

Originally posted by xbeyondwordsx

Thats some list 

I love The Duchess Deal too  I need to check out the rest of the series soon. 

You might like The Secret Diaries of Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn, its been a while since I read it but I remember really liking it.  Also the Splendid series by JQ. 

Not sure if you're into anything other than regency but if you are, try Silver Lining by Maggie Osbourne , this is historical romance - I go back to this book at least once a year. I love the female lead SO much 😎 Also Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer - this one just pulls your heartstrings ❤️

Cool! Thanks! Will definitely check out the book recs! I'm not hung up on Regency, am willing to try contemporary fics too! Just that the rabbit hole is really long and deep right now cos of Bridgerton and I've always been a sucker for period dramas. And a healthy dose of comedy helps as well in my current mood, along with a good bit of steam --😆!

Posted: 2 years ago

Hey guys am new here! Wanted to share my recommendation. I read a wonderful book called Stuck On You by Portia MacIntosh. A very light hearted, funny and feel good book. Hope you enjoy it.

Posted: 2 years ago

Romance?? Umm not really my forte.. but I've read one pure romance so far and you might've guessed it.. 

John Green's Looking for Alaskasmiley42

This is his first novel, lesser known but lemme tell ya, keep a box of tissues with you and you're in for a treat. It's a YA and has pretty relatable teens smiley36 

Don't forget to watch the short series on Hulu, which is a faithful adaptation of the novel! (John Green said that this Alaska(actor) was similar to what he had in mind when he wrote the charactersmiley27)

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Not exactly a romance per se but it is. I mean if you're ready to fight heaven and hell for your side, if that ain't love then what it?

There is an entire annotated bibliography for the references used by Terry Pratchett and if you're a nerd like me, you'll enjoy reading the annotations so much more!!!

And the series is also a must watch for a variety of reasons, I've mentioned in Pride Month Celebration Threads.smiley36 

That's all for now. Will read some more romance and get back here.

https://www.lspace.org/books/apf/good-omens.html The blurb for Good Omens:

Crowley, Hell's most approachable demon, and an old friend Aziraphale, genuine angel and London book shop owner, have a problem. Armageddon - which will happen on a Saturday Night. Next Saturday, in fact. So they've got no alternative but to stop the Four Motorcyclists of the Apocalypse, defeat the Witchfinder Army and find and kill the Antichrist - an eleven-year-old boy who loves his dog ...

Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.😳

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 2 years ago