Indian Idol 12

Performance Discussion 6 & 7 February

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Beautiful episode. All girls were fantastic today. I enjoyed Pawandeep's performance too. I think Nachiket could have done better today.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

Beautiful episode. All girls were fantastic today. I enjoyed Pawandeep's performance too. I think Nachiket could have done better today.

haven’t watched the episode yet, but I think Nachikets choice of song was poor. Of course, that has nothing to do with singing. 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Everyone sang pretty well today. 

Anushka - I haven’t heard the first song she sang, and didn’t enjoy that much. She sang the second song well. She’s got a lovely voice, any song she sings she sounds like herself and not a clone of the original singer, which I quite like.

Sireesha - she sang really well, but something was missing today. She’s usually phenomenal, but today she was just very good. That wow factor was missing. 

Pawandeep - I don’t know if I’m expecting too much from him, or his performance wasn’t as usual. It was still a very good performance. He did better in his second song. I’m also bored of him singing the same type of songs. I really want him to sing something different.

Sayli - she’s got a very sweet voice, and I did enjoy her performance today. She had two lovely songs and did justice to both. Again I’d like to see more versatility in her singing. 

Nachiket - He sang well, though there was a point when I think he was too high pitched. I think he sings songs with a classical touch very well, he did pretty well in his first song. His second song was good too, I enjoyed it more because I knew the song. However, I think his song selection could’ve been better. We tend to enjoy songs we know better.

SMP and Ashish - never thought I’d say this, but it was the first time I enjoyed SMP’s performance. But undoubtedly, Ashish was the better of the two.

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Arunita and Pawandeep were best.  Others did their best but I felt the dhamak was missing making their singing pheeka,  seemed pale compared to their original version. Considering they were iconic songs of their era. 

Ashish was better than SMP even in yodelling. When SMP singing sometimes words are not clear as her yodelling and jazzy beats over powers her singing the lyrics

No offence to anyone, I'm expressing my own opinion

Ms.SK thumbnail

Is it today Honey Singh coming along with other half if Neha & Adi along with Bharti & Harsh???!!!

I understand Dharmendra and Asha Parekh coming for valentine special???!!!

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Is it today Honey Singh coming along with other half if Neha & Adi along with Bharti & Harsh???!!!

I understand Dharmendra and Asha Parekh coming for valentine special???!!!

I only know about Honey Singh coming with Nusrat for today's episode. Rest I don't know.

Raina101 thumbnail

Another episode where everyone sang well.

Nihal - I missed half his performance, but whatever I heard I thoroughly enjoyed. I think this has been Nihal’s best performance in Indian Idol. 

Danish - this guy is amazing. I think he’s shown his versatility, he’s sung so many different genres. He’s a fantastic performer, every performance of his is better than the previous. Absolutely enjoyed his performance.

Shanmukhapriya - for once I have nothing but praises for her performance. There was a time I thought she she overdid something, but overall not bad. But as someone else has pointed out, she doesn’t enunciate her words clearly. 

Ashish - he’s a fantastic performer, and sang very well today. In spite of that for some reason I think he’s not that great a singer. I’d really like him to sing a more slow melodious song, and maybe then I’d change my mind. But coming back to today, flawless.

Sawai - brilliant choice of songs, and he sang beautifully. I enjoyed it. But what I liked is seeing his confidence. I remember in the initial episodes he was so timid. 

Anjali - why wasn’t she given a different song? The whole episode had peppy songs, and then Anjali comes and sings a classical-ish number. Naturally she sounded ‘pheeka’ compared to the others, though she sang beautifully. Had she sung this in another episode, I would’ve appreciated the song more. When it comes to classical, she’s clearly one of the best on the show.

Song selection plays a big part in audience enjoying the performance (and this votes), as we’ve seen in Anjalis case today.

The judges clearly enjoy more westernized and peppy music. This makes me believe that this years winner will be between SMP, Danish and Ashish.

This week the best for me has been Danish, followed by Sawai and Arunita. The worst have been Nachiket and Anjali.

Edited by ~Raina~ - 3 years ago
Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Sunday was dull compared to Saturday. Honey Singh songs aren't that great anyways so hearing them live wasn't enjoyable. 

Nihal: He was giving me serious Kunal 'Ghagrawala' Pandit vibes (season 10), with the dance and all. Didn't enjoy it at all.

Danish: He's got such a versatile voice yaar! The beginning and end of Dil Chori, his accent and tone changes completely. I danced when he sang Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom 😆

SMP: Uhhh no. They gave Mausam Badal Diya to Manali Trance like seriously? Whats there to sing in that song? Her performances are mainly gimmick based and lack of singing...so worthy of being Indian Idol fs. Avanti Patel had done a much better job 2 seasons ago but Vishal didn't jump then 🤓

Ashish: He's super chill when he sings, but given that I didn't enjoy it...maybe because of the songs he was given.

Sawai: Such an improvement in his performances. Loving his confident side. Also he is a very controlled Qawali singer, doesn't go all over the place like Salman and Sunny. And don't get me wrong, he can do that, he choses not to sing that way.

Anjali: She really stuck out since everyone was doing fun party numbers and she did classical. Shows that she isn't versatile. She is clearly the best at what she does, but needs to explore other genres for sure. That being said I loved her rap segment, it was fun seeing a classical singer do rap 😎

The coaches need to chose better songs for sure now. And judges need to either be open minded regarding the genre of the song or Sony needs to get new judges.  

And for the first time I saw Himesh channeling what I was feeling "Ye Kahan Phas Gaya" 🤣 when the others were jumping at the most average songs. 🤣

Ms.SK thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

I only know about Honey Singh coming with Nusrat for today's episode. Rest I don't know.

Thanks.  Think others this weekend for valentine special episode.

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Thanks.  Think others this weekend for valentine special episode.

I just checked the news article. Dharmendra & Asha Parekh are coming and Bharti Harsh Rohanpreet for Valentine's day.

I don't know why are they repeating the same guests again and again.