sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Are there that many Indian films that are actually shot in Punjab? But I’m totally down for Bollywood exploring more of India in their movies. Look how well it turned out for YJHD. (Except they said Manali but it was actually J&K😆)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bobbian

First it was jhanvi and now bobby deol. They are disrupting shootings and kicking bollywood people out of punjab. Now hopefully those in bollywood with little bit of self respect, would they continue showing of all those noisy OTTness in the name of culture or get rid of it all n bring some sense, some normalcy back into our movies, only time will tell. Speaking personally, we have seen enough of sarso ke khet and balle balle all these years. It was pretty annoying anyways tbs. Time for some change now. Dont you guys feel?

So why not bengal for example? Why not go there to shoot or show what it looks like, the people there, their life style and everything. I dont think people outside have much knowledge about them or their culture.I am sure bangalis over there are also as interesting or annoying as punjabis.

About time mainstream bollywood explore other areas around the country rather than glorify only one state thats gone completely rogue. Unless they want to keep making sequel after sequel on #udtapunjab

Yes it’s about time they depict other parts of the country too

But hasn’t there been enough movies, TV shows based on Bengal

I am a little tired of the cliched Bengali zamindari stories

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Proud of my folks. So many stars benefitted from Punjabi songs and heavy influence in their movies. Yes you're not welcome in Punjab-Haryana anymore.. get the fk out if you can't speak up when we needed you the most.

aish. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bobbian

Behen, jab khalistan ban jaye tab nikal dena abhi toh punjab india ka hi hissa hai. Itni akad abhi se theek nahi. Being an indian first bobby has every right to work whereever he wants. Its basic human right. You cant demamd my way or highway in a democratic country. What you are showing is fascist tendencies. Imagine the patience and grace of 80% majority who are being told to get the fk outta certain part of the country by someone belonging to 2% of minority population. But as we know an elephant doesnt react to a barking dog...so i guess you have an open field. Keep at it.

Appropriating someones culture for money and then disrespecting them is typical turd behavior. If Bollywood does it and can't handle the backlash, then maybe they should find other cultures to appropriate...oh wait...most south Indians hate them already.

Edited by aish. - 3 years ago
YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Support Punjabi's in this ... Hopefully they don't allow anyone who copy pasted government propaganda tweets to shoot their movies in the state .

Sutapasima thumbnail

Topic closed .

Reason : Showing disrespect / intolerance towards  your own country and country men on basis of state /region . 

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 years ago