List your top 3 Asian shows - Page 5

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Leprechaun

Gao wanted her power/position to protect herself. She had enough being tossed around, I wouldn't blame her for what she did. At least she didn't pretend to be good and did ugly things behind one's back. Almost everyone knew how crafty she was. Her death was horrible. Consort Xian is a threatening kind of lady. I can't talk for her... IK Gao humiliated her but idk I just didn't like how Xian turned into. She's gonna be even worse, I bet.

She is. Xian is going to change for worst. Its how greed for power works. Once you get taste of it you want more. Nothing is enough for you. That's what happened with Xian too. Out of my top 3 most hated characters from the show she still stands on number 3 though.

Next is Consort Chun 🤯🤯🤯 I had some little respect for her for being good to Emperess. But that all turned out to be for an ulterior motive. Fuheng, seriously??? And overnight she sought embrace in Emperor's arms. Call me anything but I will bet my life, one can never forget a person in their heart so soon like consort Chun.

Consort Chun was literally the craziest person. I mean she is married to the king either way. Its not like anything would change for her even if fuheng reciprocated her feelings. Her sudden switch was so unacceptable. She is 2nd on my most hated character list. If fuheng didn't love her it was not empresses fault. It was chun's fault for being too delusional.

When is this scene? Is it before Fu Heng's marriage? If yes, then I missed it 😳 approximately a track would do, I'll go back and find 😆

It did not. I don't remember it being in the show. Its for OST purpose only.

And this Er Qing ISTG I was so frustrated with her in the marriage scene. Maybe I am kinda overreacting cuz that scene was with Fu Heng 😆 (itna tho allowed hai mera bias hona). And that dialogue she had with Mingyu telling how she feels noble from low status 👏 that was so cruel when she told that to Mingyu esp.

She is the real monster for me. I hate her. She pretended to be all good and nice in early episodes. I was least worried about her joining the crazy league and voila she decides to turn bitchy at the first possible instance. She is the perfect example of aastin me saanp palna.🤬

I have been watching Asian dramas for 6-7 years, how is it possible to just pick 3? 🤣

Kdrama ( Modern):

Pinocchio

Kill Me Heal Me

Go Back Couple 

Kdrama ( Sageuk ):

Gaksital/Bridal Mask

Six Flying Dragons

Sungkyunkwan Scandal

(These are the ones that are coming to my mind atm, but there are many more.)

Jdrama:

Hana Yori Dango S1 and S2

Hana Kimi

( There are some others as well, but I can't decide which one to put on the list.)

Cdrama:

I have only tried 7 Cdramas and finished only 3. I like all 3 😆

The Untamed

Legend of Fei

Love O20

TW drama:

TW dramas and I don't click. I only really liked one TWdrama and I still haven't finished watching it,

MARS

Edited by incandescent - 3 years ago

Taiwan - MARS, In A Good Way, The Rose

Korea - Weighlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, Run On, Kill Me Heal Me, Chicago Typewriter

Thailand - My Forever Sunshine, Luk Mai Klai Ton (2000)

China - My Little Happiness, Boss & Me, Love Me If You Dare 

(I've seen very few Chinese dramas, I can't get into 99% of them)

Turkish - Asi, Inadina Ask [HANDS DOWN best kisses, & a couple that freaking looked like a couple], Fatmagulun Sucu Ne S1

Pakistan - Dhoop Kinare, Diyar-E-Dil, Mera Naam Yousuf Hai, Mere Humdum Mere Dost

Other languages (Russian/Spanish/Colombian) - Yo Soy Betty La Fea (colombian), Poor Nastya (Russian)

Japan - I can't list 3. I have over 10 for each kind of genre. Japanese dramas are absolutely brilliant. Let me try listing some of them

Romcoms : Sekai Ichi Muzakashi Koi, Uchi No Musume Wa Kareshi Ga Dekinai, Remolove, Rich Man Poor Woman, Date

Revenge: Zeni Geba, Kenja No Ai, 

Heartbreaking, dark, thoughtful: Soredemo Ikite Yuku, Never Let Me Go, Byakuyako, Saka No Tochu No Le, Kono Yo No Hate, Lipstick

Slice of life: Neechan No Koibito, Nagi's Long Vacation, Takane No Hana, Nijiiro Karute, In This Corner of the World, Juhan Shuttai, If Talking Paid

Mystery & crime: 

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago

I thought I'll reply here once I finish the show but this Concubine(?) whatever Chenbi made my blood boil enough to make me land here. 😡 ISTG half of the problems for Yingluo were created by Fuheng's angry fangirl team.

Coming back to Consort Xian, even though she was made evil from being righteous she harbours way too much evilness in her sleeves. I couldn't agree more when Consort Chun said that Xian never gets her hands dirty but still gets her job done by instigating two enemies and watch the show. Yingluo, who's always super smart is always one step behind with her evil plans (which I didn't like. If they showed the otherwise maybe it would be absurd but ... idk let's see there's 8 epi more to go for me 😆). I just don't like her on the whole 😳

Consort Chun ka alag hi andaaz hai. She never told Rongyin that she's into her brother still wanted her to talk in favor of her. Blamed Funheng for wearing the tassel and she IMAGINED that he's in love with her. What did she expect from the Fuca siblings? She wants Fuheng to reciprocate her feeling while being the woman of another man. She wanted Fuheng to marry the most beautiful girl and not the one he loves. Is she sane? 

This show has a whole different impact on me cuz it makes me more paranoid. Starting from Chun, Chenbi, Chun Wang (all these C liners ) I can't stop thinking about their motive. If I have to be blunt even Yingluo had motives when she got close to Rongyin. So no one approaches you for no reason. This is scary 🤣. All we can hope is that a 0.09% chance of getting loved genuinely like what happened between Fuca siblings and Yingluo. 

Erqing, here comes the queen of all!!!!! The way she tormented Fuheng 🤢 She pushed her luck way too hard every time. Made mommy Fuca believe that he's having a relationship with the maid, tortured her, sold her, got her killed, brought disgrace over the family, drove Rongyin to suicide, haunted Fuheng ... 😵 Every time she put up a play in front of his mother I wanted Fuheng to lose his cool and shout that Kangan isn't his child. Till the very end, he protected her in front of his family. IMO she should be thankful to him for saving her dignity. And her pride while flaunting all her wrongdoings every time.... she's really something else. Hands down Fuca clan is my favorite clan 🤣

And I somehow expected that Emperor would know that Kangan is his son but didn't he even for once feel bad for Fuheng? Plus I read that the sequel pair is Yingluo's daughter and Kangan 😳 Am I the only one who's feeling uncomfortable? 

Main chali show dekne!! By the next time I reply I will know the whole story 😆

I thought I'll reply here once I finish the show but this Concubine(?) whatever Chenbi made my blood boil enough to make me land here. 😡 ISTG half of the problems for Yingluo were created by Fuheng's angry fangirl team.

Yes. Poor Fuheng. he was just trying to save her. If she wanted to die there were thousands for opportunities for her. These shitty characters can always come up with creative reasons to justify their actions.

Coming back to Consort Xian, even though she was made evil from being righteous she harbours way too much evilness in her sleeves. I couldn't agree more when Consort Chun said that Xian never gets her hands dirty but still gets her job done by instigating two enemies and watch the show. Yingluo, who's always super smart is always one step behind with her evil plans (which I didn't like. If they showed the otherwise maybe it would be absurd but ... idk let's see there's 8 epi more to go for me 😆). I just don't like her on the whole 😳

Xian was always like that. But the reason she still isn't the worst for me is that no one can do anything if you are not evil yourself. No amount of influencing and manipulation can change you if you are good. Xie lian is perfect example of it. His entire life was messed up and everything around him was destroyed by someone else yet he who lost the most was blamed for everything. He did not change even after all that. So, the reason Xian was able to instigate others was those people being evil at core.

Consort Chun ka alag hi andaaz hai. She never told Rongyin that she's into her brother still wanted her to talk in favor of her. Blamed Funheng for wearing the tassel and she IMAGINED that he's in love with her. What did she expect from the Fuca siblings? She wants Fuheng to reciprocate her feeling while being the woman of another man. She wanted Fuheng to marry the most beautiful girl and not the one he loves. Is she sane?

She weirded out me the most. I was like chahiye kya is aurat ko.

Total hile hue concepts the madam ke i tell you.

This show has a whole different impact on me cuz it makes me more paranoid. Starting from Chun, Chenbi, Chun Wang (all these C liners ) I can't stop thinking about their motive. If I have to be blunt even Yingluo had motives when she got close to Rongyin. So no one approaches you for no reason. This is scary 🤣. All we can hope is that a 0.09% chance of getting loved genuinely like what happened between Fuca siblings and Yingluo.

Aren't we all that way. Everyone has motive. That's the reason I love this show so much its so relatable. Yingluo came to care for empress and she is not the person who will hurt another just for her gain which she easily could have with her brains. Fuheng loved yingluo till the end.

He was such a nice person. Only if Erqing could see him for what he was and waited a little he would have cared for her and treated her with love even if his heart belonged to yingluo.

Erqing, here comes the queen of all!!!!! The way she tormented Fuheng 🤢 She pushed her luck way too hard every time. Made mommy Fuca believe that he's having a relationship with the maid, tortured her, sold her, got her killed, brought disgrace over the family, drove Rongyin to suicide, haunted Fuheng ... 😵 Every time she put up a play in front of his mother I wanted Fuheng to lose his cool and shout that Kangan isn't his child. Till the very end, he protected her in front of his family. IMO she should be thankful to him for saving her dignity. And her pride while flaunting all her wrongdoings every time.... she's really something else. Hands down Fuca clan is my favorite clan 🤣

Erqing is my most hated character because she was so evil. she hurt the empress in the worst way possible while there was absolutely nothing to gain from it. When Chun started the fire and got empress's son killed she at least had a motive. Erqing just wanted to hurt the empress that to when empress already was in so much pain and grieving for her loss. The only time i cried in the entire show was when empress lost her kid. She was so broken and erqing drove her to her grave. There wasn't an ounce of guilt in erqing for doing that.

Oh I am team Fuca clan too. I mean I am team Fuca siblings = empress+fuheng.

And I somehow expected that Emperor would know that Kangan is his son but didn't he even for once feel bad for Fuheng? Plus I read that the sequel pair is Yingluo's daughter and Kangan 😳 Am I the only one who's feeling uncomfortable?

Won't give you a spoiler as some of the things will be cleared in season 2. I don't really blame emperor here. He doesn't remember a thing. If not for fuca clan he would have killed erqing at spot.

Main chali show dekne!! By the next time I reply I will know the whole story 😆

Complete karke hi aana.

Chenbi's character switch made me eye-roll the most. And her final story was the ultimate 🤣 Idk if I should laugh or cry at her story. Who stopped her from try jumping again? If she was actually grieving for her loss then she should have taken it on the emperor but she went some merry-go-round in the Forbidden city 😆 what was in your head woman? She was so stupid to believe that Fuheng and Yingluo would fall into her trap. If they wanted to elope they would have way before. Chenbi is one of the weakest character smh.

Okyyee so after seeing the end of Consort Xian I think she wanted love which was denied to her. She entered the harem as the second lady and it's nothing wrong in her expecting this much. She was going through a hard-phase, depression but every single person she got beside her were using her, manipulating her and extracting the last bit of fortune from her. Hunger for power and maintaining it brought this on her. 

Chun and Chenbi should go well with each other 🤣 both their concepts are out of the whole galaxy.

Yea, at every point we are. I agree but what creeps me out the most is the bad motive. No one comes with a warning card. Having the motive to befriend someone, love someone, learn, getting help ... anything is alright except these hidden schemes. Most especially the ones with smiling faces but with harmful intention. Yingluo saw the facts over her revenge. She started off with 'I'll do anything to fulfil my revenge' and slowly started seeing what the hidden facts are. When Gao summoned her and told her what might have happened back then, I knew Yingluo would not act against Fuca siblings. But I must say Fuheng and Yingluo's relationship was getting a major kickstart during that time and I loved it the most 🤣. Erqing was impatient, mainly, then she wanted things to go her way only. On the whole, the character is at big flaw. I'll come back later for her.

Chun killing the empress's second son could have backfired on her. How did she not think of that? If she kills someone today, someone else might take her son away from her tomorrow. This lady I'm telling you  till the very end I was trying to figure out what she actually wanted. Coming back to Erqing.....*deep sigh* Idk I have many things to say about her. This is gonna get all over the place...

Erqing was proud, someone like her should not have lowered herself to a maid position on the first place (idk if she could have avoided that but if she could she should have). And if she had a thing for Fuheng, given her relationship with Rongyin she could have made a move. She kept building a castle in the air and when it was broken she wept bitterly. Erqing on the whole was a big fat mess. I was expecting a second baby to pop up with his brother but didn't expect Kangan to be his only 😆 this girl got some nerve to do everything under Fuca clan's nose while bragging the beauty about her own clan 🤣 idek anymore... the more I think about her I feel bad for her delusional mind. From the very start, she needed a wake-up call. Erqing was not only evil she was mad. COMPLETELY MAD. She needed therapy. 

There are two things I guessed and it happened. I expected Chun Wang to be royal blood when I heard his story. But later he told that he visited his father's place and about his brothers... I kinda fell out. But yea my first guess was right! The next is Erqing and Fuheng's brother. 

I really liked Yingluo in Princess adventures. She was savage and a cool mom just like I imagined. The only thing I wanted to see was the emperor regretting(not exactly but feeling bad? or just guilt... whatever) his decision to steal Yingluo from Fuheng which never happened. And I still can't get over the image of Rongyin begging him to spare Yingluo. I couldn't convince myself with the love story of Hongli and Yingluo because most of the time Hongli wanted Yingluo to cry, to beg, to show her vulnerable side to him. Same with Chun Wang, both of them wanted to see her weak and that enough was loud in patriarchy. 

Lastly, Fuheng's death. Damn, this man proved his love with his own life when he was not promised anything. And his final words... I'll remember them forever ❤️

I completed the next day from my last post 😎 I drafted half of the reply and the internet of taken down here cuz of the election campaign. It was hard for me to even open a Google page 

A tight bear hug for pushing me to watch this 😆 70 episodes just went in a jiff. 

Chenbi's character switch made me eye-roll the most. And her final story was the ultimate 🤣 Idk if I should laugh or cry at her story. Who stopped her from try jumping again? If she was actually grieving for her loss then she should have taken it on the emperor but she went some merry-go-round in the Forbidden city 😆 what was in your head woman? She was so stupid to believe that Fuheng and Yingluo would fall into her trap. If they wanted to elope they would have way before. Chenbi is one of the weakest character smh.

Chenbi is crazy stupid. I mean its yingluo we are talking about. If yingluo want she can eliminate just anyone. why would she need chenbi's help or encouragement? Chenbi should listen to her own self. Her logic for her revenge plot was stupidest.

Okyyee so after seeing the end of Consort Xian I think she wanted love which was denied to her. She entered the harem as the second lady and it's nothing wrong in her expecting this much. She was going through a hard-phase, depression but every single person she got beside her were using her, manipulating her and extracting the last bit of fortune from her. Hunger for power and maintaining it brought this on her.

Xian was good at start. She was not even expecting much from emperor but the whole affair of her father getting trapped and all triggered her and she realized how being powerless does nothing for you. Xian is 3rd on my list because she did manipulated people for her benefit but people got manipulated because they had malice in their hearts.

Chun and Chenbi should go well with each other 🤣 both their concepts are out of the whole galaxy.

They would be besties. But if I have to pick I will go with Chenbi. Her motives were wrong but at least her feeling did not change overnight.

Yea, at every point we are. I agree but what creeps me out the most is the bad motive. No one comes with a warning card. Having the motive to befriend someone, love someone, learn, getting help ... anything is alright except these hidden schemes. Most especially the ones with smiling faces but with harmful intention. Yingluo saw the facts over her revenge. She started off with 'I'll do anything to fulfil my revenge' and slowly started seeing what the hidden facts are. When Gao summoned her and told her what might have happened back then, I knew Yingluo would not act against Fuca siblings. But I must say Fuheng and Yingluo's relationship was getting a major kickstart during that time and I loved it the most 🤣. Erqing was impatient, mainly, then she wanted things to go her way only. On the whole, the character is at big flaw. I'll come back later for her.

Yingluo was always smart. I have never seen her act out of impulse. Her every move is calculated and predetermined. She was born to rule the harem. Be it manipulation or love games no one could ever beat her. Fuheng and Yingluo were not going to be endgame I knew it when emperor took interest in yingluo but it was quite an organic relationship. I loved how fuheng always had special place in Yingluo's heart and vice verse. Erqing was expecting way more than she actually deserved. She even tried to seduce the emperor I mean girl have some loyalty towards the person who cared for you.

Chun killing the empress's second son could have backfired on her. How did she not think of that? If she kills someone today, someone else might take her son away from her tomorrow. This lady I'm telling you  till the very end I was trying to figure out what she actually wanted.

That's what upsets me the most. How can you do that to a child? How can you do that to the empress who has been nothing but kind to you? Chun knew how much empress was suffering from her loss earlier and how much she wanted to be mother again. Hell she literally risked her own life to became mother and everything she fought and suffered for was taken away from her just like that. I still remember when the empress broke down and said to emperor that she was nothing but kind to everyone she never played any games yet why she had to suffer like this. It broke my heart. Empress's character is closest to my heart.

Coming back to Erqing.....*deep sigh* Idk I have many things to say about her. This is gonna get all over the place...

Erqing was proud, someone like her should not have lowered herself to a maid position on the first place (idk if she could have avoided that but if she could she should have). And if she had a thing for Fuheng, given her relationship with Rongyin she could have made a move. She kept building a castle in the air and when it was broken she wept bitterly. Erqing on the whole was a big fat mess. I was expecting a second baby to pop up with his brother but didn't expect Kangan to be his only 😆 this girl got some nerve to do everything under Fuca clan's nose while bragging the beauty about her own clan 🤣 idek anymore... the more I think about her I feel bad for her delusional mind. From the very start, she needed a wake-up call. Erqing was not only evil she was mad. COMPLETELY MAD. She needed therapy.

I don't think she had real interest in Fuheng. If that was the case why did she tried seducing the emperor? When emperor rejected her advances then she married fuheng and when fuheng needed some time she went ahead and slept with someone else. She has no sense of honor or love for anyone. Not even her own self. All she wanted was to be at a high place from where she could look down upon people. Erqing is a true monster. Imaging going to the empress when she was broken when she was trying to cope up with her loss and telling her how you slept with her husband and got pregnant. It was the last nail for rongyin. Empress should have survived even after the loss as great as her child's death but Erqing has to go and destroy empress completely.🤬 I can't even imagine the pain she must have felt while listening to Erqing, knowing not just hers but her brother's life was also ruined and she was responsible for it to an extend.

There are two things I guessed and it happened. I expected Chun Wang to be royal blood when I heard his story. But later he told that he visited his father's place and about his brothers... I kinda fell out. But yea my first guess was right! The next is Erqing and Fuheng's brother.

It was still sort of ambiguous if he really was royal blood. There is not any firm evidence for that. He may have right facts but that doesn't necessarily mean he is what he claims to be. Erqing's son was Erqing and Fuheng's brothers'. I never expected that. I thought they might get into an affair but i did not expect fuheng's brother will get on Erqing's plot to trap emperor in it.

I really liked Yingluo in Princess adventures. She was savage and a cool mom just like I imagined. The only thing I wanted to see was the emperor regretting(not exactly but feeling bad? or just guilt... whatever) his decision to steal Yingluo from Fuheng which never happened. And I still can't get over the image of Rongyin begging him to spare Yingluo. I couldn't convince myself with the love story of Hongli and Yingluo because most of the time Hongli wanted Yingluo to cry, to beg, to show her vulnerable side to him. Same with Chun Wang, both of them wanted to see her weak and that enough was loud in patriarchy.

I don't think emperor wanted to see her weak side. He was sort of afraid of being used. Yingluo is pretty target driven person. She got married to emperor for her revenge and accepted the same later on. So I think he always wanted her to love him. About the regret part, why should he? If Fuheng and yingluo loved each other so much no one could stop them from getting together. They were not bound by anyone but their own fears. Emperor did not really steal yingluo either she herself went to him for her revenge. If fuheng and yingluo wanted they could have gotten married later on too after the empress died but it was yingluo's decision. They could have eloped together but they didn't while empress was alive. There were lot of options they had if they really wanted to do something. Even if it was due to the pressure they received from emperor it was their own decision.

Lastly, Fuheng's death. Damn, this man proved his love with his own life when he was not promised anything. And his final words... I'll remember them forever ❤️

I just feel so sad for Fuca siblings. They were so nice and kind. Never played dirty but still they couldn't find happiness for themselves. Both of them got hurt by the people around them. At least fuheng got to be free like he always wanted.

I completed the next day from my last post 😎 I drafted half of the reply and the internet of taken down here cuz of the election campaign. It was hard for me to even open a Google page 

A tight bear hug for pushing me to watch this 😆 70 episodes just went in a jiff.

Hug accepted and reverted.🤗 ❤️

Xian is on the borderline. She was pushed to a corner where she had no other go but to take things in her hand and start playing dirty. ISTG yeaa Chenbi and Chun would go well with each other. Everything Chenbi did was out of frustration, she had no plan but played something 🤣 I won't blame her cuz her trauma would have driven her mad. 

Yingluo is THE BEST hands down I'd agree. Her presence of mind and crucial execution made the show more and more interesting. She's fearless and always open to learning. She was bound to reach heights. Erqing is the ugliest character in the show. She desired power, she used people around her to achieve it. Whoever it maybe she used them. Emperor was just one of her cards. 

Empress character is perfect to showcase the weight of one's armour. The position and the title tied her limbs and made her into a puppet. She didn't retaliate but bent herself in whatever shapes they wanted her in. Someone like her deserves the best yet how her character ended here was pitiful. I miss her and Yingluo's bond. 

Even if Yingluo was there I don't think it would have made any difference in calming Rongyin's demons after hearing Erqing was pregnant with Hongli's child. It creeps the hell out of me thinking how she slept with two men in a short time span 😵 Erqing is the ugliest monster.

Dowager reacting in such a way was the only clue confirming that he might be of royal blood. She spared his life even... idk I believe he is one  😆

Fuheng's death was his freedom I'll say. I hate to say this but yea it was his freedom in all possible ways 😆

Xian is on the borderline. She was pushed to a corner where she had no other go but to take things in her hand and start playing dirty. ISTG yeaa Chenbi and Chun would go well with each other. Everything Chenbi did was out of frustration, she had no plan but played something 🤣 I won't blame her cuz her trauma would have driven her mad. 

Yingluo is THE BEST hands down I'd agree. Her presence of mind and crucial execution made the show more and more interesting. She's fearless and always open to learning. She was bound to reach heights. Erqing is the ugliest character in the show. She desired power, she used people around her to achieve it. Whoever it maybe she used them. Emperor was just one of her cards. 

Empress character is perfect to showcase the weight of one's armour. The position and the title tied her limbs and made her into a puppet. She didn't retaliate but bent herself in whatever shapes they wanted her in. Someone like her deserves the best yet how her character ended here was pitiful. I miss her and Yingluo's bond. 

Even if Yingluo was there I don't think it would have made any difference in calming Rongyin's demons after hearing Erqing was pregnant with Hongli's child. It creeps the hell out of me thinking how she slept with two men in a short time span 😵 Erqing is the ugliest monster.

Dowager reacting in such a way was the only clue confirming that he might be of royal blood. She spared his life even... idk I believe he is one  😆

Fuheng's death was his freedom I'll say. I hate to say this but yea it was his freedom in all possible ways 😆

Yingluo could have stopped rongyin from doing what she did. Rongyin was not in the right state of mind and she needed someone to be there for her. Because Yingluo and her bond was special for both of them Yingluo's presence might have helped rongyin with the sense of loneliness and betrayal she felt at the moment.

I too felt that way when I saw the show for the first time due to dowager's reaction. Later I feel that her reaction could be due to the correct series of events mentioned by him. As the former king and ChunWang's mother both were dead and ChunWang's mother was captured by goons there is no way to actually verify who his father was. That uncertainty was always there I feel that was the reason it was never clarified in the show itself whether his claims were true. Its more or less a open question which is why I feel his lineage might or might not what he claims to be.

Exactly my thoughts. Fuheng always hated being in the capital. He was always at front all the time to get away from the capital for the hellhole it was. So, his death freed him from his quest for escape.

Originally posted by Ianoconic

Yingluo could have stopped rongyin from doing what she did. Rongyin was not in the right state of mind and she needed someone to be there for her. Because Yingluo and her bond was special for both of them Yingluo's presence might have helped rongyin with the sense of loneliness and betrayal she felt at the moment.

I too felt that way when I saw the show for the first time due to dowager's reaction. Later I feel that her reaction could be due to the correct series of events mentioned by him. As the former king and ChunWang's mother both were dead and ChunWang's mother was captured by goons there is no way to actually verify who his father was. That uncertainty was always there I feel that was the reason it was never clarified in the show itself whether his claims were true. Its more or less a open question which is why I feel his lineage might or might not what he claims to be.

Exactly my thoughts. Fuheng always hated being in the capital. He was always at front all the time to get away from the capital for the hellhole it was. So, his death freed him from his quest for escape.

Maybe. I have no words to explain how much I adore Rongyin and Yingluo's relationship. You say she herself had doubts regarding his father 🤔 but for the first time it felt like she has been searching for this one for a long time and she wanted to clarify things herself. Anyhow, I read few history recordings of Hongli, Fuheng and Yingluo maybe I should search if I can find any Chunwang later 😆 The one thing I liked the most is how Hongli expressed his love for Ringyin through poems. I wish I find translations of those with the essence. 

If things should be seen from Fuheng's point of view definitely palace/forbidden city was his hell. I'm happy that he has been relieved from all his pain but still, his love/loyalty makes my heartache.

Are you watching anything now? I'm watching The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion and loving it so far.