List your top 3 Asian shows - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Leprechaun

Yes, I'm glad that they took it. Did you read about those tweets where they listed all possible reasons why TGCF can't be made into a drama? Among everything, they listed two main and both sounds absurd to me. The complexity of the characters and life after death concept. I'm sure this is not the only show that's gonna show a ghost as a character. And the complexity, I doubt cuz (comparing the closest example) 2HA's gate of life and death is more complex than anything in TGCF. And few other reasons were there.... one was the gender switch. 

Just like you said the casting has to be top-notch. If not it's gonna disappoint all of us. I hope they do justice to the characters. And especially Hua Cheng 

Btw did you watch Scarlet Heart Chinese ver? 

No. I haven't read any such tweets. What is wrong with people? Rather than being creative with absurd excuses they should try to appreciate the creativity and brilliance of the author and her work. Not just the base story but every intricate detail is there for a reason. Everything leads to something. TGCF for me is one of the most well rounded story with no plot holes.

True. Both leads need to be specially good. I mean hua hua has been described as epitome of beauty so obviously the expectation is bit higher there but XL has to be gorgeous too. I mean HC dropped the suicide plan just after 1 glance. So, the person HC is crazy about needs to portrait as brilliantly as XL is. I am HC person for obvious reasons but XL has my heart. I am yet to see a character as strong as he is. HC was always fighting for XL but XL was fighting for his principles. Its difficult to hold onto your beliefs when life happens to you. I have immense respect towards XL. He is my top fav character from MXTX based upon character arc.

Originally posted by Ianoconic

No. I haven't read any such tweets. What is wrong with people? Rather than being creative with absurd excuses they should try to appreciate the creativity and brilliance of the author and her work. Not just the base story but every intricate detail is there for a reason. Everything leads to something. TGCF for me is one of the most well rounded story with no plot holes.

True. Both leads need to be specially good. I mean hua hua has been described as epitome of beauty so obviously the expectation is bit higher there but XL has to be gorgeous too. I mean HC dropped the suicide plan just after 1 glance. So, the person HC is crazy about needs to portrait as brilliantly as XL is. I am HC person for obvious reasons but XL has my heart. I am yet to see a character as strong as he is. HC was always fighting for XL but XL was fighting for his principles. Its difficult to hold onto your beliefs when life happens to you. I have immense respect towards XL. He is my top fav character from MXTX based upon character arc.

I can't find the tweet now. I remember sharing it in a chat. Anyhow it's a curse that I find nothing when I want, it might appear sometime later. 🤓😆 I'm still trying to figure out how censorship board works there, jo muje vulgar or gory lagta vo usse nahi lagta and jo teek tak lagta usse problem hai unko. And I've seen shows with tags profanity... like.... what? Anyhow I will be patient and see what they're gonna do. 

I'm yet to read SVSS. I so want to join all the MXTX memes fun but I don't understand the part of SVSS and I hold back  When the live-action happens I'll be one of the hardest-to-deal with critic for Hua Cheng's actor cuz I've invested time to read and re-read HC's appearance. I've cherished each and every detail of him and his devotion towards Xie Lian. I WANT him perfect. No buts. 

I started watching Yanxi Palace ⭐️ and absolutely loving it. Did you watch in Viki? 

Mr Sunshine

Sky Castle

Signal 

Oh no you missed a gem then.

The female lead is so amazing. She is strong, smart, revengeful, manipulative (if needed). I have not only watched but re-watched it. Apart from the main lead the queen's character has my heart.

Though I was AWOL but the forum is pretty much dead. 😆 Recently I am in TGCF mode. I watched the donghua that made me miss the XL and HC so I re-read the entire book. After finishing the book I missed them even more and started reading it again. The hangover is real here.

thank u recommending yanxi palace 🤗

Kdrama:

1. Misaeng

2. Signal

3. Secret Forest

4. My Mister

5. Defendant 

Special and always be my favorite is Boys Over Flowers..❤️

Jdrama:

1. Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) 

2. Hana Nochi Hare (Boys Over Flowers Season 2) 

3. Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Doko Made mo (Love Last Forever) 

4. Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru ( Cursed in Love)

5. Itazura na Kiss 2

Special and always be my favorite are Hajimete Koi wo Shita Hi ni Yomu Hanashi (A Story To Read On The Day You've Fell In Love ), Hanzawa Naoki  and MIU 404..❤️

Cdramas:

1. Eternal Love: Ten Miles Of Peach Blossoms

2. Love Me If You Dare 

3. Love O2O

4. A Love So Beautiful

5.  The King's Woman 

Special and always be my favorite are Meteor Garden 2018 and Go Ahead..smiley27

Thai Drama:

1. SOTUS 

2. I Told Sunset About You

3. 2gether

4. Who Are You

5. I'm Tee, Me Too

Special mention goes to Theory of Love..❤️

Taiwanese Drama:

1. Refresh Man 

2. Lost Romance 

3. Before We Get Married 

4. HIStory3: Trapped 

5. Someday or One Day 

Special and always be my favorite are Meteor Garden ..❤️ 

The untamed 💞

My love from the star / Love O2O 🌟

Healer/Pinocchio/I can hear your voice/ It's OK it's love/ Reply 1998🌟

I can only remember these 🙄

I can't find the tweet now. I remember sharing it in a chat. Anyhow it's a curse that I find nothing when I want, it might appear sometime later. 🤓😆 I'm still trying to figure out how censorship board works there, jo muje vulgar or gory lagta vo usse nahi lagta and jo teek tak lagta usse problem hai unko. And I've seen shows with tags profanity... like.... what? Anyhow I will be patient and see what they're gonna do. 

I'm yet to read SVSS. I so want to join all the MXTX memes fun but I don't understand the part of SVSS and I hold back  When the live-action happens I'll be one of the hardest-to-deal with critic for Hua Cheng's actor cuz I've invested time to read and re-read HC's appearance. I've cherished each and every detail of him and his devotion towards Xie Lian. I WANT him perfect. No buts. 

I started watching Yanxi Palace ⭐️ and absolutely loving it. Did you watch in Viki? 

Its universal issue. Jab jo dhundo tab wo nai milta. C-censorship rules are beyond me too.

I haven't read SVSS too. I think the part reason of it is abnormally high expectations. After TGCF and MDC I have too much expectations from MXTX and her work in general. So, I am lil scared to start SVSS. I don't want to be disappointed.

Same. I love TGCF more than MDC. So, either they shouldn't make it and if they decide to take that risk, they should do justice to it.

Told ya so. Wait for her to get in her revenge mode. You won't be able to stop watching it then. Yanxi palace is brilliant drama and its quite fast paced compared to other c dramas. I heard its based on real life events. God knows how much of that is true.

Yes I watched it on viki. It has a short sequel which is available on netflix. Its about Yingluo's daughter.

Edited by Ianoconic - 3 years ago

Its universal issue. Jab jo dhundo tab wo nai milta. C-censorship rules are beyond me too.

I haven't read SVSS too. I think the part reason of it is abnormally high expectations. After TGCF and MDC I have too much expectations from MXTX and her work in general. So, I am lil scared to start SVSS. I don't want to be disappointed.

Same. I love TGCF more than MDC. So, either they shouldn't make it and if they decide to take that risk, they should do justice to it.

Told ya so. Wait for her to get in her revenge mode. You won't be able to stop watching it then. Yanxi palace is brilliant drama and its quite fast paced compared to other c dramas. I heard its based on real life events. God knows how much of that is true.

Yes I watched it on viki. It has a short sequel which is available on netflix. Its about Yingluo's daughter.

It's her debut novel and the least popular too. I agree. I had the same fear but seeing those Gong Shou comparison posts of MXTX men I convinced myself to give SVSS a try. 

I've saved that sequel link as well. I won't deny, it is quite fast-paced. Every time she gets back, it's my popcorn time. She's smart and I love the way emperess believes in her.

It's her debut novel and the least popular too. I agree. I had the same fear but seeing those Gong Shou comparison posts of MXTX men I convinced myself to give SVSS a try. 

I've saved that sequel link as well. I won't deny, it is quite fast-paced. Every time she gets back, it's my popcorn time. She's smart and I love the way emperess believes in her.

I need to be in right mood to read SVSS. GDC and TGCF makes it so difficult. Every time i want to start it i end up either reading GDC or TGCF.

Empress is beautiful in and out. I totally love her. She is the best person in the show.

I love empress and yingluo's bond.❤️

omg yes  I love "Lost Romance" ..how could I forget that

Japanse shows :

Todome no kiss

A million stars fall from the sky