Rajesh Khanna passed away before Shatrughan Sinha could apologize

shareShare facebook twitter
  •  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 months ago

What stopped him?

Reading the story they were estranged for 16 years so he didn't seem to be much of a hurry until he realized RK was dying...

Originally posted by Talis

Reading the story they were estranged for 16 years so he didn't seem to be much of a hurry until he realized RK was dying...

But SS says they started talking after few yrs, so they were not estranged at the time of his death... And Rajesh Khanna’s dealth wasn’t sudden... He was ailing and in hospital for quite some time...

Rajesh was very upset when I contested against him in a by-election. Honestly, I didn't want to, but couldn't refuse LK Advani ji. I tried explaining this to Rajesh but he did not like it; we didn't speak for quite a long time. However, we did start talking after many years.

- Shatrugan Sinha 

Shatrughan said that Rajesh died before he could make amends. He further said,

I wanted to go and apologise to him when he was in the hospital and hug him, but sadly, he passed away before I could do that...

- Shatrugan Sinha 

Originally posted by BettyA1

But SS says they started talking after few yrs, so they were not estranged at the time of his death... And Rajesh Khanna’s dealth wasn’t sudden... He was ailing and in hospital for quite some time...

Rajesh was very upset when I contested against him in a by-election. Honestly, I didn't want to, but couldn't refuse LK Advani ji. I tried explaining this to Rajesh but he did not like it; we didn't speak for quite a long time. However, we did start talking after many years.

- Shatrugan Sinha 

Shatrughan said that Rajesh died before he could make amends. He further said,

I wanted to go and apologise to him when he was in the hospital and hug him, but sadly, he passed away before I could do that...

- Shatrugan Sinha 

Singh doesn't sound like he was in a hurry to actually "make amends".

SS might’ve lost to RK in that election but he had a much better run in politics than Khanna... SS was/is one of the most successful BW actor turned politician while RK lost two consecutive elections after the first one and had to retire from politics.